The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #1
Flatpat

Re: 1987 GMC V1500 Sierra Classic LS swap/build

You can still use your current tank. Just saw you were thinking about moving up to a 20 gal tank and figured if you went this route you don't need a baffled tank. It being in the middle isn't a big deal, ideally you want it mounted in the deepest part of the tank which is where I believe the current sending unit in the tank is mounted. If you are worried about the module being too tall, from what I can tell a majority of modern GM vehicles have roughly the same design for the fuel modules with varying heights. If you have a pick and pull need by you could find one closer to your current tanks height.
Flatpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #2
NastyBuzzard

Re: 1987 GMC V1500 Sierra Classic LS swap/build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatpat View Post
You can still use your current tank. Just saw you were thinking about moving up to a 20 gal tank and figured if you went this route you don't need a baffled tank. It being in the middle isn't a big deal, ideally you want it mounted in the deepest part of the tank which is where I believe the current sending unit in the tank is mounted. If you are worried about the module being too tall, from what I can tell a majority of modern GM vehicles have roughly the same design for the fuel modules with varying heights. If you have a pick and pull need by you could find one closer to your current tanks height.
Yes I eventually want to go to a 20 gal tank.

Thats a great idea about pull a part. Unfortunately, I don't have any that are close by. Could go to Azone or Advanced and just get them to show me a crap ton of the ones they have in stock.

Not sure what vehicles to check though? Maybe a van or impala or something?
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote