The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board > Blazer and Suburban Stuff

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-26-2014, 10:28 PM   #51
PDXk5

Re: Blazer 1\2 top molds

The top looks awesome. Hopefully we will here from Boneyard so we can get in line to order one.

I'm super interested, curious on how much for product shipped. I'm guessing shipping will be tough.
PDXk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:15 AM   #52
skorpioskorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXk5 View Post
The top looks awesome. Hopefully we will here from Boneyard so we can get in line to order one.

I'm super interested, curious on how much for product shipped. I'm guessing shipping will be tough.
We worked it out to ship through Fastenal on empty space on their distribution trucks, it was 1/3 the price of any common carrier we found. We went back and forth on the crating and in the end the crate weighed 3 times the contents (and is now a fort for the kids of the Fastenal guy ). And again I'm not going to quote prices as I'm not the seller. I also do not know if he is interested or not in producing more and he crated it at my request as if it was the last one that would ever be, is it? I can't answer that. I specifically asked if he was OK or not for me to post pics of it and saying on this board where I got it from, and he was OK with it.

What I can say is that I'm very pleased with it and I feel it is worth every penny I paid for it, it will, by the time I'm done finishing it, cost me what you could buy a pristine single wall for, it will need a skim of filler in spots before paint as there is some imperfections in the 40 year old molds that made it. I did not insure it on shipment and assumed any responsibility if it was damaged (it wasn't). Body parts are *not* something Fastenal is willing to ship so it was shipped as "structural fiberglass automotive parts".
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:48 AM   #53
Chulisohombre

I had one I sold for a couple hundred bucks. Bought it thinking I was going to
Use it but ended up using the full top instead so My kids could ride in it. Maybe in the future I may do this to Mine but I got my halftip out of a junkyard for 10 bucks. Lol. Actually stepped on it walking through other garbage and dug it out from under it and was amazed it was there with a good glass still in it with no cracks. Good to see someone else doing these again possibly.
72 3/4 ton blazer. 5 inch lift on 35 inch tires. 355 corvette engine with crane roller rockers, rv cam, edelbrock carb and intake with one inch spacer. Thrush Headers with flowmaster 40 duels. 4speed sm465 manual. 4 wheel disk brakes with Inboarded rear shock prerunner style mounts and shocks.
Chulisohombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:55 PM   #54
american revolution

did boneyard ever offer these for sale?
american revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:51 PM   #55
jjzepplin

Also interested.
jjzepplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:33 PM   #56
american revolution

Can any board member get a hold of boneyard to give him my contact info?
american revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:58 PM   #57
truckeez

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpioskorpio View Post
The rear window is uncut as it came out of the mold. It's one of the mods I plan to do however, I plan to build up an edge so I can do a surface mount rear glass. Lexan is actually a pretty terrible material to use on a vehicle you actually drive, zero scratch resistance and will cloud over pretty quickly. I had Lexan vent windows in my Suburban and they became so cloudy you couldn't see through them in about a year. It is a whole lot lighter than glass though.

I'm also planning on running a conduit for a dome light and maybe a cargo light through the top as well as putting in rivnuts for mounting a headliner to make it a little more finished inside than the fiberglass. I will probably put some sort of sound dampening in between the skins to quiet it up. Still deciding if I want to use De-Sta-Co type machine clamps for mounting instead of screws.

I'm a buyer not the seller and I'm not going to get into pricing, I bought mine with the idea it very well could be the only one Boneyard produced and bought it with the knowledge that it was an unperfected process. I will say that Boneyard is having a fiberglass shop make these and is not hacking them together in his driveway. So if you are thinking you can pick one up for Chinese import prices you are dreaming, though I felt I got a very reasonable deal on a custom US made part from a guy who does it for the love of it. Reading my build thread will probably give some perspective of what I consider reasonable.
I hacked this together in my backyard.

No chopper guns --The "machine from hell" is involved with anything I am doing, neither are alcoholic bums who run chopper guns.
cheap ---odd lot resin with filler material --no way in hell.
Attached Images

truckeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:22 PM   #58
bL.A.zer90045

niCE.are these back in effect for sale??? whats this one 73-87?
bL.A.zer90045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:52 PM   #59
truckeez

Quote:
Originally Posted by bL.A.zer90045 View Post
niCE.are these back in effect for sale??? whats this one 73-87?
Not here.

And Not if you don't mean Buisness, (if you don't mean business--Don't bother

type in the facebook searchbox

Chevy K5 Blazer Pickup Conversion Panel

if I don't get any orders these will be canceled just like the first version, There is no way anyone can pay any bills with the old broke D**K chevy truck guys "maybe someday"
........ The tax return from 2020.............?

Really___?
truckeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:54 PM   #60
PGG

Did anyone every buy these? If so who? If not are they still for sale? Thanks PG
PGG is offline   Reply With Quote