The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-02-2015, 08:54 AM   #1
Pick

Re: '57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan

Vic, it is so much fun to watch and learn as you solve problems!

I have a dumb question though........(but I'm pretty good at those!)

What holds the "H" pieces in place? I see that they have positive stops at the back so they can only come out one way, but is there any chance they can vibrate out the same way they slid in? Or are they held in with something unseen?

A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both. L. P. Jack
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:53 AM   #2
Xeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick View Post
What holds the "H" pieces in place? I see that they have positive stops at the back so they can only come out one way, but is there any chance they can vibrate out the same way they slid in? Or are they held in with something unseen?
I had the same thought but I just let it go because I figured if Vic thought they were loose enough to come out of there he wouldn't have left it like that.
I also considered that he may have JB Welded one side, so that only one side disengages. #shrug

Last edited by Xeen; 06-02-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Xeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:40 PM   #3
Vic1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick View Post
Vic, it is so much fun to watch and learn as you solve problems!

I have a dumb question though........(but I'm pretty good at those!)

No such thing as a dumb question. I cropped the last photo so you can see the retaining screw a little better. The fit was very close and I had to tap the blocks lightly to seat them, but didn't want to take any chances.

Pusher fans are all wired in and work great. Carpet cleaning company will be here in the morning to see if they can get the coolant out of the passenger side floor boards. It's not drying very well on its own. Weatherstrip goes in tomorrow.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:44 AM   #4
Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1947 View Post
No such thing as a dumb question. I cropped the last photo so you can see the retaining screw a little better. The fit was very close and I had to tap the blocks lightly to seat them, but didn't want to take any chances.

Pusher fans are all wired in and work great. Carpet cleaning company will be here in the morning to see if they can get the coolant out of the passenger side floor boards. It's not drying very well on its own. Weatherstrip goes in tomorrow.
I was pretty confident you had it covered ('cause you are always WAY ahead of me), but I know I always like to have a second set of eyes covering the "what ifs", so I figured I'd ask to make sure.

Good luck with the carpet! I really hope they can get the coolant out for you!

A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both. L. P. Jack
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote