The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2015, 01:27 PM   #1
sags

65 SWB suspension question - a little too low

Looking for a little help and suggestions on this. Swapped out the front drums in my 65 for disc brake package this weekend complete with new master and power booster. Brakes work great. I almost put myself through the windshield the first couple times. I went with 2.5 inch drop spindles and once I got everything back together, I realize that the previous owner must have cut more off the springs than I thought. It is a little too low (although I like the raked look). Only about an inch above the bump stop and it bottoms out easily and harshly. So here is the question. Replacing the front springs with taller springs should fix this right? And if I went with, say a 1" lowering spring, would that still be higher? I need to get the fenders up a little relative to the tires. Also, I suspect that the rear springs were also cut so if I go with a 3" drop spring, should it level things out a bit?
Attached Images

sags is offline   Reply With Quote