The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-12-2015, 12:00 PM   #26
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Good to see a fair price for a beautiful truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
SWB K/10 that needs rockers? That's a $5k truck. When we say something is worth $xxxx.xxx, that means it is also worth less. There is a value in "not" buying someone else's paint and replacement parts. The configuration sets the base price and condition up from there. Just the frame, title, VIN-plate, and glovebox door is easily worth $1,500. That is all you need to transform any other truck into a low production/highly desired shortbed K/10. I find that giving a good going through on one of these trucks that has been sitting means a good weekend and good to go on Monday.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:35 PM   #27
trac209

Re: Good to see a fair price for a beautiful truck.

Interesting thread and yes powertrain is the last concern when buying a classic anything.
trac209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:45 PM   #28
Coley

Smile Re: Good to see a fair price for a beautiful truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trac209 View Post
Interesting thread and yes powertrain is the last concern when buying a classic anything.
....what?....what about the $3500 sound system? isn't that an adder to the purchase cost?....lol
Just kidding of course, but it is always interesting to see what some sellers consider to be of value in their sale and how that doesn't always translate into cash on sale day.
For me...I'm in agreement with most of the guys in that the body/model and physical condition and completeness are way more important than the motor/trans or drivetrain.
Here is an interestingly priced truck for sale.....not sure if I'd move quickly on this one but everyone has a right to ask whatever they want for their truck. Sometimes its good to get advice on what range a trucks value will probably hit when working to sell it.
http://olympic.craigslist.org/cto/5087577328.html
The first (2) trucks posted at the beginning of the thread are not too far off market value in my opinion....give or take a bit I guess.
All Good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote