The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-09-2015, 01:24 PM   #1
mike16

K10/K20 fan shroud interchange/repro questions

My 68 K20 needs a new fan shroud. Its a small block 327.

looking through various parts catologs indicates the 67 to 72 K series fan shrouds are all the same.

is this correct?

anybody have any experience with the reproduction fan shrouds? the vendor I contacted says the repro one he sells is fiberglass. mine is plastic.

anybody ave any experience with the reproduction ones. are they plastic or fiberglass.

Looking to keep my truck all origonal.

thanks.
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:09 PM   #2
BrianG

Re: K10/K20 fan shroud interchange/repro questions

I can't say for certain that they are all the same, but I believe they are. As far as experience with them.. .yes, I do have that. I ordered one from Classic Industries and it was fiberglass. In my opinion, this was a horribly done piece. No offence to Classic, they didn't make it, and maybe its the only one they could find to offer, but it was truly awful. Would not have fit without a lot of work.. I mean, a WHOLE lot of work! I then read a few reports about guys getting decent ones from LMC. So, I thought what the heck, give them a try. I think it was about half the price also. Well, I was truly surprised. This part is nearly identical to a stock shroud. I really couldn't be much happier with it. It fits great, looks great, looks original. I'd definitely buy another from them.
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 02:41 AM   #3
mike16

Re: K10/K20 fan shroud interchange/repro questions

I was going with classic industries my self... Good to know because they were gong to charge me double oversize shipping fee's like 43 dollars to ship the shroud alone. If it was junk I see my self going broke shipping it back.

Is it just me or do profit margins seem more and more often to be comming out of outragious shipping fees. Funny thing is that none of the shipping companies seem to be charging me as much to ship things back.
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote