The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-01-2015, 05:53 PM   #1
48cj2a

Re: Sarge's rattle-can rebuild

Looks good and I like the peel and stick idea for sound deadener.

When I swapped motors from my donor vehicle I reused the cool Civy Diesel firewall sound deadener panels except for the one over the blower motor because I want to eventually install A/C...Something to watch for in the pick n pulls, just attaches with a 7mm headed screw.

48 Willys CJ2A 48CJ2A
48cj2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:54 PM   #2
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48cj2a View Post
Looks good and I like the peel and stick idea for sound deadener.

When I swapped motors from my donor vehicle I reused the cool Civy Diesel firewall sound deadener panels except for the one over the blower motor because I want to eventually install A/C...Something to watch for in the pick n pulls, just attaches with a 7mm headed screw.

I forgot you scored one of those. So you can remove the firewall cover without stripping the everything off the firewall first? I saw a 6.2 square Burb in the junkyard a few months back and didn't think to look. We're going to put some sort of sound deadener down before carpet, but I wouldn't mind having one of those to help w/the cabin noise.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:07 PM   #3
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

When I got the truck the door panels were faded and scuffed, in the first pic you can see I put on a coat of SEM but then the arm rests didn't match. The map pockets obviously aren't OEM stuff, I was trying to save some money there and picked those up for $7 on ebay. At the time, aftermarket was fine. Honestly now I wouldn't mind having some 88-91 map pockets with the flap. But I decided to redo these door panels one more time and use the map pockets I have for now. I used some Rustoleum rattle-can bedliner to give the door panels a uniform texture. Then I used SEM black in the area above the armrest, then masked that area off and used SEM burgundy on the rest of the panel. And of course the armrests got a coat of SEM this time so everything would match. In the third pic the trim's back on the panel and it's ready to go on the doors. I guess at this point it's obvious the way the dash will go.
Attached Images

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote