The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-05-2016, 08:09 AM   #26
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Look at this mirror - UNREAL

I'm happy to say I have 2 of those mirrors at the moment some where in all my old part boxes. I didn't ever know they where worth that kind of money though. Mine may not be perfect but the mirror in both last time I looked was fine. The one that came in my truck I know has all of the hardware with it too!
No this isn't a for sale add either just good info to know and a thanks to those that do know the value of these old parts!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:52 AM   #27
special-K
Special Order

Re: Look at this mirror - UNREAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Makeit View Post
"worth" is determined by buyers, not sellers. 42 bids says it's worth $540
Not true. Fools pay more than what something is worth every day. People confuse what a fool will pay for what a thing is worth. Even if a N.O.S. mirror is worth that much, this one is worth less because it isn't mint condition. I've seen used parts in better condition than a N.O.S. piece. Isn't it all about condition and not bragging rights? Both are the same OEM part.

There was a guy on here that bought a N.O.S. GMC tailgate from my friend for a couple hundred, a handful of years ago, because it was badly surface rusted. That guy brought it on here thinking he'd quadruple or more his money. I have used tailgates in better condition and no fool bought his until he brought it way down after several drops of hundreds of dollars. After all, we are a knowledgeable bunch here, right? Might have done better on Ebay. No lack of fools there.

Someone pays that kind of money for parts to restore a truck the parts will be greater than the sum. Better plan on keepin' her forever to enjoy or taking a bath on it. I don't know about you all, but the only time I focus on the rear view mirror is to see what's behind me. Not exactly a main focal point on a truck.

I say all this not because I don't like it, but because I know better. I didn't end up collecting tons of prime parts by not being willing to pay to play. I bought my unrestored loaded '72 K/20 Cheyenne Super Custom Camper from California in '91 for $7k and people thought I was crazy. I paid $500 for an original paint rust free CA cab the same year and people thought I was crazy. I knew they would pay in time and was willing to pay ahead because of my passion. Those same items would bring me a profit now that the masses have discovered these trucks. This mirror could appreciate, but I don't see the masses willing to pay

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 06-05-2016 at 09:07 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:32 AM   #28
Willie Makeit

100% true. It sold for $540, so it was indeed "worth" $540 to someone. That person's economic intellect or intelligence on the subject (in this case, a mirror) has nothing to do with it. Just because you don't see $540 of "worth" in it does not mean someone else doesn't.

"Value" and "worth" are two totally different subjects. Economics 101.
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:37 AM   #29
Coley

Parts for these trucks (and cars) appreciating in value is not a bad thing.
Actually it can be a good thing if you have a good, quick eye to spot this stuff when it is around (...and it is still around) and if you get the opportunity to pick it up at a swap meet, local seller or?
Then that becomes your opportunity to either use it or perhaps sell it and make up some costs on your own truck.
As for that particular part....a rear view mirror....new, old...restored...this is not a focus point on any truck so it won't like bring any value to the owner externally...conversation wise or otherwise.
Regardless, its his money and his decision so....have at er'.
All Good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:06 PM   #30
special-K
Special Order

Yeah, I agree with all this. But, from a guy who has known a little about these things for a little while, $540 for that mirror is nuts! I only care about somebody else wasting money when it's mine

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote