The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-17-2016, 01:44 PM   #351
Metaldoc

Re: 67 long box

Here it is in full form and ready for the safety and start driving it.
Attached Images

Metaldoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:42 PM   #352
Advanced Design

Your truck looks very good. Well done!
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:53 PM   #353
Canuckvetter
How did I get this OLD!

What a great looking truck. Drive and enjoy!
1967 Oshawa built LWB Fleetside. 327,3 OTT, 515 Vermilion, CST, PS, PB, Shoulder Harness, Tach,Vac, Speed Warning, Choke Delete, Manual Throttle, Fawn interior. Dealer installed A/C 04/2015, N34 Rosewood Wheel 06/2023
Members who I have met personally. Metaldoc, chevnkevin, 62 Longbed, 72LHorn, 72MARIO, YBNORML, TBONE1964, Classic Bowties, Chevemall, Dagnabbitt.
Canuckvetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:09 PM   #354
chevycc1970

Beautiful truck!! Enjoy
chevycc1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:18 PM   #355
Xeen

Congratulations on getting her back on the road.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:31 PM   #356
Metaldoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Your truck looks very good. Well done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckvetter View Post
What a great looking truck. Drive and enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevycc1970 View Post
Beautiful truck!! Enjoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
Congratulations on getting her back on the road.
Thanks all it's a good build when you can see the finished product before I started and the hours of late night work all come together. Almost three years to date I bought this, I lost a year and a half on the build after an accident. That combined with headaches every day I'm real happy to get it done , enough to drive it.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:53 AM   #357
swamp rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaldoc View Post
I not totally sold on the bumper but it is the factory one. I can always change it later. The composite boards came with that weathered look with the black grains in the grey. They look like an old barn board or bed wood aged.
Or you could blast and powder coat the rear bumper?? well guess that wouldn't give the look your after.

I bought one off a board member and had it shipped out here, real rough shape, arched along the length, twisted, bent ect so i had to blow it apart and put it back together and had it powder coated, its still a little rough close up and overall i payed more than i wanted to but it had the look i was after for my K20.

I enjoyed the build and i'm sure your going to enjoy the final product! Your one of the few that's been skilled enough to blend and mimic the existing faded look of the original paint, job well done!
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:48 AM   #358
Metaldoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Or you could blast and powder coat the rear bumper?? well guess that wouldn't give the look your after.

I bought one off a board member and had it shipped out here, real rough shape, arched along the length, twisted, bent ect so i had to blow it apart and put it back together and had it powder coated, its still a little rough close up and overall i payed more than i wanted to but it had the look i was after for my K20.

I enjoyed the build and i'm sure your going to enjoy the final product! Your one of the few that's been skilled enough to blend and mimic the existing faded look of the original paint, job well done!
Thanks man, it's only trail and error but you have to try to error. I can't paint the bumper it has too much character like the body. The unique cut outs for the safety chains sets off the look. I black stone guarded the back side of it to keep the clean look underneath. Plus it's what it looked like from factory so it has to stay.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:41 PM   #359
Metaldoc

Had the appraiser here today and it went well. Set up the insurance for it and for the safety that should be in the next few days. Plates and then drive it.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:54 PM   #360
SKT

Nice vision w/ this build - digging the original/patina look.

SKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:15 AM   #361
cleanfreak

Looking good Derek. I'm sure you're aware , but a reminder that the Ontario safety changes are happening soon (July 1st?) You're cutting it close , get it into somebody's to get your safety this month , could save a lot of $$ + grief - Bob
cleanfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:20 PM   #362
Metaldoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKT View Post

Nice vision w/ this build - digging the original/patina look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanfreak View Post
Looking good Derek. I'm sure you're aware , but a reminder that the Ontario safety changes are happening soon (July 1st?) You're cutting it close , get it into somebody's to get your safety this month , could save a lot of $$ + grief - Bob
Thanks and ya I know, I've been rushing to get it done before this change happens. More BS for honest car guys.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:11 PM   #363
Metaldoc

Well the safety is done, plates are on and I'm driving it. What a great feeling.
Happy Happy Happy .
Old 06-29-2016, 05:36 PM   #364
Advanced Design

Awesome and congratulations. Can you explain what the safety is? Guessing that is a safety inspection...lights, brakes, suspension. Illinois doesn't have it except for larger vehicles.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:48 PM   #365
Metaldoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Awesome and congratulations. Can you explain what the safety is? Guessing that is a safety inspection...lights, brakes, suspension. Illinois doesn't have it except for larger vehicles.
Thanks I been out all afternoon. Ya in Ontario we have to have a mechanic go over the truck and they check everything. Our laws are changing in two days to make it harder to pass the inspection. The inspection covers all the lights, brakes, suspension, glass, body holes, exhaust, tires, wipers, heater, mirrors, leaks, ride height and over all inspection on everything else to be in good working order. The new inspections will go up in price to over a 100 bucks. So today I paid 80 bucks for the safety and 220 for plates and a two year sticker. As long as I keep it in my name the safety inspection is only needed once.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:35 PM   #366
Gavinski

Sweet deal getting in before the changes!
Did you qualify for historical plates?
Gavinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:15 PM   #367
Metaldoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinski View Post
Sweet deal getting in before the changes!
Did you qualify for historical plates?
It's plated and insured as a daily driver. My kids are going to drive my other truck.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:44 PM   #368
fecklessgadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaldoc View Post
Thanks I been out all afternoon. Ya in Ontario we have to have a mechanic go over the truck and they check everything. Our laws are changing in two days to make it harder to pass the inspection. The inspection covers all the lights, brakes, suspension, glass, body holes, exhaust, tires, wipers, heater, mirrors, leaks, ride height and over all inspection on everything else to be in good working order. The new inspections will go up in price to over a 100 bucks. So today I paid 80 bucks for the safety and 220 for plates and a two year sticker. As long as I keep it in my name the safety inspection is only needed once.
Wow, glad I live in rural Tennessee. $24 per year for tags. That's it.
fecklessgadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:01 AM   #369
Canuckvetter
How did I get this OLD!

Congrats Derek! Glad your enjoying the fruits of your labour. Awesome truck man. Keep us updated on any new ideas/tweaks. I remember the Ontario safeties. Had to know a guy who knew a guy's buddy that could back date the safety to get you licenced. Here in Alberta, if it is registered in Alberta fenders can be held together with a wrapped up old extension cord wire or duct tape and it can be instantly be registered in your name. Out of Province registries are a whole other ball game. Huge money grab IMO.

Cheers, drive that truck anytime you can.
1967 Oshawa built LWB Fleetside. 327,3 OTT, 515 Vermilion, CST, PS, PB, Shoulder Harness, Tach,Vac, Speed Warning, Choke Delete, Manual Throttle, Fawn interior. Dealer installed A/C 04/2015, N34 Rosewood Wheel 06/2023
Members who I have met personally. Metaldoc, chevnkevin, 62 Longbed, 72LHorn, 72MARIO, YBNORML, TBONE1964, Classic Bowties, Chevemall, Dagnabbitt.
Canuckvetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:04 AM   #370
Metaldoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecklessgadfly View Post
Wow, glad I live in rural Tennessee. $24 per year for tags. That's it.
Now that I have plates it's only 90 a year, 180 two year, for the sticker. This times 3 vehicles sucks.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:16 AM   #371
Metaldoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckvetter View Post
Congrats Derek! Glad your enjoying the fruits of your labour. Awesome truck man. Keep us updated on any new ideas/tweaks. I remember the Ontario safeties. Had to know a guy who knew a guy's buddy that could back date the safety to get you licenced. Here in Alberta, if it is registered in Alberta fenders can be held together with a wrapped up old extension cord wire or duct tape and it can be instantly be registered in your name. Out of Province registries are a whole other ball game. Huge money grab IMO.

Cheers, drive that truck anytime you can.
Thanks man it was a great day driving it. I'm real happy with it but it needs more power. I can work on that when it snows. The mechanic loved it and said it was a work of art. The laws are changing to add all the new car stuff which will screw the old hot rodders and Ontario is the biggest money grab for vehicles.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:47 PM   #372
Metaldoc

Put over 100 miles on it, had it on the highway for 1/2 hour and up to 75. All seems good. Lots left to do but winter is coming, do it then. As of now I need a new water pump, it was faulty. It was new but has a bearing issue. Sits right runs good and I'm drivin it.
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2016, 07:34 PM   #373
Advanced Design

Driving it now is a great plan! Looks really good out on the street.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:27 PM   #374
Metaldoc

New water pump and 180deg thermostat, took out the 195deg to cool the engine bay. Tuned the carb and checked the timing with the blink blink thing, as my kid calls it.
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2016, 10:14 PM   #375
Metaldoc

Made some custom door panels from scratch. Too late to put them on, tomorrow. I like em and only cost 10 each to do plus me.
Attached Images