The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-28-2017, 07:58 PM   #1
Atommik

Re: 51 Chevy 1/2 ton, My S10 swap

For the pivot mount, I got a 3/16 steel plate about 3"X3", curved it slightly to match the curve of the inner cab corner panel. Drilled a hole in the center for the seat belt bolt, welded a nut on the back side of the plate. I also drilled a 1/4 hole and ran a tap through it. Then when I fished the plate down thru the opening in the inner panel( from the top) I ran a machine screw into the smaller tapped hole to hold the plate in place and keep it from spinning, while I installed the seat belt pivot bolt. It is not be as strong as a modern day seat belt mount, but it's better than only a lap belt (or no belts at all).
Atommik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 07:59 PM   #2
Atommik

Old 12-28-2017, 11:20 PM   #3
Driver_WT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atommik View Post
For the pivot mount, I got a 3/16 steel plate about 3"X3", curved it slightly to match the curve of the inner cab corner panel. Drilled a hole in the center for the seat belt bolt, welded a nut on the back side of the plate. I also drilled a 1/4 hole and ran a tap through it. Then when I fished the plate down thru the opening in the inner panel( from the top) I ran a machine screw into the smaller tapped hole to hold the plate in place and keep it from spinning, while I installed the seat belt pivot bolt. It is not be as strong as a modern day seat belt mount, but it's better than only a lap belt (or no belts at all).
Awesome. Thanks.
Driver_WT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:16 PM   #4
JdavUGA

Resurrecting an old thread, but was wondering how you like your fuel neck filler location?
Does the height cause any issues?
JdavUGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 12:09 AM   #5
Atommik

I'm happy with the location. No issues. It is a little low but doesn't create any problems. I can fill it with the "lock" on the pump handle and the auto shut off works fine with no spilling out of the neck.