The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-12-2020, 11:37 AM   #1
White halftrack

1975 Jaws Blazer

I had posted a question on this but hadn’t introduced it. My son and I finally picked it up last week. It is a bit rough but is pretty much complete. I had asked what were the correct wheel covers for it and with the help of this forum found the right ones. I am really into original as much as I can and enjoy hunting down the correct parts. I thought I would put some pics up just for fun and also am bored.

Would most of you consider this too far gone and walk away? Floors seem solid, but rockers etc are needing work. It is now in a shed. I guess I kinda feel like these old trucks and cars are disappearing fast especially in original shape. I try to grab them when I find them so that maybe my son and I will have a project.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

White halftrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 11:40 AM   #2
White halftrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by White halftrack View Post
I had posted a question on this but hadn’t introduced it. My son and I finally picked it up last week. It is a bit rough but is pretty much complete. I had asked what were the correct wheel covers for it and with the help of this forum found the right ones. I am really into original as much as I can and enjoy hunting down the correct parts. I thought I would put some pics up just for fun and also am bored.

Would most of you consider this too far gone and walk away? Floors seem solid, but rockers etc are needing work. It is now in a shed. I guess I kinda feel like these old trucks and cars are disappearing fast especially in original shape. I try to grab them when I find them so that maybe my son and I will have a project.
Posted via Mobile Device

We also grabbed this at the same place even though I know it is not in the same interest group. My daughter claimed it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2020, 03:05 PM   #3
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Re: 1975 Jaws Blazer

A full-vert with good floors but soft rockers is definitely worth saving in my book. Several years ago someone made a replica of the Jaws Blazer to sell. It appeared to be mint and had all the details the movie truck did. If I remember right, it even had a replica of Chief Brody's police ID on the console or hanging on the rear view. It might be worth looking up for inspiration. Nice score on both counts.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:09 PM   #4
White halftrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Timber View Post
A full-vert with good floors but soft rockers is definitely worth saving in my book. Several years ago someone made a replica of the Jaws Blazer to sell. It appeared to be mint and had all the details the movie truck did. If I remember right, it even had a replica of Chief Brody's police ID on the console or hanging on the rear view. It might be worth looking up for inspiration. Nice score on both counts.
I saw that. It looks awesome but the jaws blazer does look to be more yellow. Maybe the lighting.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-13-2020, 10:35 AM   #5
Ski-me

A LONG, 23 page thread.....

https://ck5.com/forums/threads/the-o...-build.274710/

May not be able to see pics if you are not a member.

89' K5 Blazer, 2.5" lift, 35" tires
04' GMC Yukon XL, 3/4 ton, 8.1L
Ski-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:55 AM   #6
craneboy72

great find. worth saving for sure. Full top squares are harder to find than a 69-72 K5 in my opinion.
craneboy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:25 AM   #7
Corts60
Just here to tinker

Absolutely worth saving! And yes, the Jaws blazer was definitely the 519 yellow.

I've always wanted to build the Jaws blazer!
Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 04:14 PM   #8
crashz

In the northeast that truck would be considered clean and nearly rust free! Good luck with the build and if you come across any others form the 70's vintage in that good of shape, let me know!
crashz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 12:33 PM   #9
swissarmychainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by White halftrack View Post
We also grabbed this at the same place even though I know it is not in the same interest group. My daughter claimed it.
Posted via Mobile Device

You're the kind of Dad we ALL need!
swissarmychainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote