The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2015, 08:43 PM   #251
jpnh

Re: 84 c10 stepside

Nice day for a putt around here and there
Attached Images

jpnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:15 PM   #252
aotte1

Jeff,

How does it drive, you said lots torque. How much have you got on it?

Still doing shake down runs, or are you comfortable with it?

Took mine out for first time Sunday over to my friend John, and got on it a little in 2nd up to 50MPH.
I am still in shake down territory with mine. Engine needs some miles just driving it for awhile.

Les
aotte1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:44 AM   #253
jpnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aotte1 View Post
Jeff,

How does it drive, you said lots torque. How much have you got on it?

Still doing shake down runs, or are you comfortable with it?

Took mine out for first time Sunday over to my friend John, and got on it a little in 2nd up to 50MPH.
I am still in shake down territory with mine. Engine needs some miles just driving it for awhile.

Les
Get les good to hear from ya hope your feeling better good to hear your getting the truck out there and breaking it in my rig is going good the motor is a good fit for the truck they say stock the lq4 has about 325 horsepower and 370 ft pnds of torque the only mod I've done is put headers on it in a smaller truck the motor has more than enough power I have higher gears in it so it's a good cruiser but will smoke the tires up easily if you get on it I can see if you changed the cam and put 3.73s in it it would be a ripper but it's more than good enough for me the way it is I love it trying to stay out of trouble so I'm gonna leave it gotta get an electric fan set up for it so it will run cooler in traffic gotta get the front end lined up again that's next not that anything is screwy but I want to know it's aligned now I put the drop spindles on it.it's running good
Old 07-04-2015, 08:48 PM   #254
aotte1

Jeff,
Thanks for the update on your ride, sounds like a nice compromise between fun and trouble I know the trouble side temptation. A fun ride is a good middle ground.

I am getting my truck back from my friends tomorrow, as a surprise for my grandson who is coming to visit tomorrow for a week. Interior not all done yet but will be drivable for him ( he is 16 now). Main thing is to let the new floor mate settle in some before doing the final trimming, along with getting a new rear tool storage tray in order to install the rear speakers. I am putting Kicker speakers in the front and rear.

How about these new 1/2 tons with LT1 motors! Wish they would put it in the standard cab short bed- it would be very tempting. How about that as a new SS truck.

Les
Old 07-04-2015, 09:43 PM   #255
jpnh

Awesome the kid is going to like the ride for sure happy 4th of July fireworks going off all around sounds like a war zone a guy down the street has a new single can shortened I like the look of them sounds like a good idea
Old 07-07-2015, 12:12 AM   #256
Liltroy

love this build...I keep checking it out over and over and over....
Liltroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:36 AM   #257
jpnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltroy View Post
love this build...I keep checking it out over and over and over....
Thanx man still picking away at things trying to refine time for registration / inspection again it's certainly worth the agony feels good to drive on by some of these cruise nights where the same people show up5 hrs early to get a good spot and give themselves a trophy man she's running good don't want to jinx my self I ordered some speaker boxes from lmc trucks because I figured they'd fit well they gave me the run around so I ordered some more yesterday hope they work out we'll see
Old 07-24-2015, 05:41 AM   #258
jpnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aotte1 View Post
Jeff,
Thanks for the update on your ride, sounds like a nice compromise between fun and trouble I know the trouble side temptation. A fun ride is a good middle ground.

I am getting my truck back from my friends tomorrow, as a surprise for my grandson who is coming to visit tomorrow for a week. Interior not all done yet but will be drivable for him ( he is 16 now). Main thing is to let the new floor mate settle in some before doing the final trimming, along with getting a new rear tool storage tray in order to install the rear speakers. I am putting Kicker speakers in the front and rear.

How about these new 1/2 tons with LT1 motors! Wish they would put it in the standard cab short bed- it would be very tempting. How about that as a new SS truck.

Les
Was just checking out sca performance . Com check out the sca 421 silverado -Jeff
Old 07-25-2015, 03:15 PM   #259
Hankster

Glad to hear you have been having fun with it!

'86 Chevrolet C10 Custom Deluxe - Gen V 454 - 4l80e - welded 12 bolt
(Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=611611 ) SOLD
Hankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:02 PM   #260
jpnh

Thanks hankster I love the truck man it's going good it shifts so smooth compared to the old school th350 got the truck at the alignment shop ruined the mt's on the front running it last season/ this season so far (out of alignment) got a new set got the new speaker&boxes ended up getting pioneer3way 6x9s and putting them in behind the seat gonna use them for rear speakers and using the existing 6x9s in the doors for the front should be loud enough for what I need gonna keep refining things and working out the bugs when I can
Old 08-08-2015, 11:07 PM   #261
NASTY-LSX

Cool build and paint!! Looks mean.
NASTY-LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:37 PM   #262
jpnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY-LSX View Post
Cool build and paint!! Looks mean.
Thanx
Old 08-09-2015, 01:59 PM   #263
jpnh

Got the alignment done new tires on the front got the new speakers hooked up had an intermidant starting problem that was driving me crazy thought the new starter was defective replaced it with another new starter did the same thing would only happen now and then pain to diagnose it ended up being the connection at the nuteral safety switch it was connected but lit up the test light weak re did the connection and it's been starting every time hope that's it the tunes crank now the new radio lights up adjustable was able to match the blue digital guages but the track info lights up white that matches the white tach I got stuck with looks good I didn't plan that I'm sore today gotta force myself to get out there
Attached Images

Old 09-05-2015, 04:34 PM   #264
jpnh

Had to get a new phone haven't been able to post anything lately The truck Started better but still slightly labored I figured out it needed a starter relay to up the power to the starter much better been working too much this summer but the money is good got to keep motivated
Attached Images

Old 09-05-2015, 10:50 PM   #265
aotte1

Jeff,
Looking good, very hot here so have not had my truck out lately. They sure are fun to drive. Glad you are getting to drive it more. Cruise nights are kind of the same here, people get their really early here too. I just like to go out just before dark and cruise a little with a friend, when it is cooler.

Les
Old 09-08-2015, 05:20 AM   #266
jpnh

Hey les, yeah I've been missing most of the shows this year the one I was most psyched for had a change of venue then got rained on hard then this weekend I didn't realize that Labor Day meant you had to labor all day ended up working all weekend on the house just got about 75 pine trees removed from around the property left a lot of landscaping to do but there are many other projects besides I'm buried gotta make some time to get out before summers over I haven't done much good to hear you've had the truck out and about��
Old 11-14-2015, 10:09 PM   #267
jpnh

Had the truck out there today awesome had to put a vent in the fuel tank not a problem with the 350 setup a problem with the lq4 found it when I went to get gas and undid the gas cap found it sucked air I love my truck sounds great gotta thank Lou's custom exhaust for that now just gotta refine things and detail some stuff man been so busy hard to get out there this year have had more responsibility lately than ever I don't like it got to reconfigure things had to sell my spring summer and fall so far this year on my way to selling winter working at the biggest job in Boston right now relentlessly here is a shot from the 30th floor at break
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2015, 02:24 PM   #268
jpnh

Out there today contemplating cutting the floor for the new seats but the weather is still nice . soon that'll change for sure and I'll pull things apart while the weather sux
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2016, 06:17 PM   #269
jpnh

Wow,nice out here today went for a good ride.decided to keep the bench seat.in case the old lady kicks me out for spending too much time and money on it and I gotta sleep in it.lol.i love this truck.been kind of in limbo lately but I'm happy with how it is ,so I don't feel I need to do much to it you can spend a lot of money over doing it.i am considering doing a two tone color maybe pearl white ?sport graphics?im not sure yet
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2016, 06:18 PM   #270
jpnh

Nutha pic /
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2017, 11:48 PM   #271
jpnh

Wow,took me a while to find this thread.I haven't been able to do much for a while.its been the worst time of my life,but I'm finding things are getting better.gotta get back to being inspired,instead of the doldrums I've been in.a lot has happened.got a new garage.been insulating and hanging plywood/building benches/shelving. Moving my stuff in.got a new air compressor. Finally able to start working on things again.my buddies shop burned to the ground about a week ago the wood shop next door caught on fire and his shop went up with it.lots of tragedy lately but like the man said "we must endeavor to persevere"here is a pic of one of the Chevy trucks that inspired me from back in the day I came across,hopefully I can use it as fuel to work on my stuff coming up -jeff
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2017, 09:04 PM   #272
jpnh

Put the original good back on so I can refine the cowl induction hood .made friends with a guy that has a spray booth in town.gonna start flowing out the clear /cut/buff started with the hood looks like glass.gonna keep going.got a new hood ornament and fender emblems too.gonna keep picking away.proud of my boys having the patience to help me take the cowl hood off and put the orig hood back on without scratching things up and getting the gaps right and the hood to close.you know how that goes
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2017, 09:06 PM   #273
jpnh

Another pic
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2017, 09:09 PM   #274
jpnh

And another