The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-07-2007, 07:28 PM   #276
panhandler62
Java Mechanic

Re: What parts aren't out there?

I didn't see this anywhere....

How about a rear bumper (I was thinking of the sport bumper) with a pull-down tag holder for fuel filler access, like a 70 Camaro or Nova?

I saw this in someone's build thread on here (I think his was a step bumper) and became imediatly infatuated with the idea.
68 C20 Fleetside -- RIP
Decorating the whole town up at a cost of $27 ....
panhandler62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:57 PM   #277
jb4short
Damn Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
You interested in doing 73-87 stuff? It would be awesome if someone would reproduce the 73-79 headlamp bezels in something other than plastic...
If I remember correctly there's a LOT of different H/L bezels from '73'-'87- round, square, single, dual, Chevrolet, GMC, etc....in the regular aftermarket body shop business, years ago, these were some of the hardest things to get right when taking an order over the phone. When there's a number of options, and then the part is not a straight replacement for OEM, sales get pretty thin....tough to pay off tooling like this.

On the plastic glove boxes...my minimum purchase to start getting these produced is 1000pcs. ea., A/C, Non-A/C versions. That's a pretty big commitment to get started on something and it's a similar commintment for some other items. For every "AA" moving part we sell we wind up with another pile of items that someone thought was a great idea (want to buy some '86'-'91 Taurus doglegs?) that doesn't pan out. I love to hear new ideas for products I just don't want people to take it personally if an idea isn't quickly acted on
jb4short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:48 PM   #278
Mondo

Too bad only one company (brothers) will make the shaved cowl, like to keep them honest...

Another idea I didn't see but think would sale is shaved bumpers (no bolts thru the bumper, just threaded studs on the inside of bumper) for 67-72 years... especially if you could remove the flat license plate at the center.
Someone photoshoped it on this site a while back and it looked awesome!

It would take a little work for the mold but could be used by all trucks of these years. Then just make fleet & stepside rear shaved bumbers too..

If someone sales these already, let me know
Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:44 AM   #279
red71cheyenne
Back in the sticks

I don't know if anyone said it, but THANK YOU for taking the interest in asking us for our inputs. I would just echo the other guys, LWB complete bedsides, complete bed floors, Blazer carpet hold down strips, Blazer rear side panel mounting pads, seat brackets....blah, blah, blah.

Once again, thanks for taking the interest in getting our inputs on what we want. Jeff.
2011 K1500 Suburban
2014 K1500 Pickup
2008 Nissan Altima? The wifes' hoopty
red71cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:04 AM   #280
farmboy4ever

there is a bracket that go's from the 205 transfer case to the frame. it has two bolt that hold it to the 205 and then L shapes over and bolts with two more bolts to the frame. alot were left off and throw away after tranny services. they are the same no matter what tranny the 205 tcase was pared with
thanks
farmboy4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:55 AM   #281
jb4short
Damn Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
Too bad only one company (brothers) will make the shaved cowl, like to keep them honest...

Another idea I didn't see but think would sale is shaved bumpers (no bolts thru the bumper, just threaded studs on the inside of bumper) for 67-72 years... especially if you could remove the flat license plate at the center.
Someone photoshoped it on this site a while back and it looked awesome!

It would take a little work for the mold but could be used by all trucks of these years. Then just make fleet & stepside rear shaved bumbers too..

If someone sales these already, let me know
Shaved bumpers might be easy to do. The bolt holes are actually laser cut after stamping. The difficult part would be, in my opinion, mounting the bumper with pre-welded studs on them because of the bolt through angles. I think with the studs welded you would have to mount the brakets to the bumper and then mount the brackets to the frame....I'd have to weld one up and try it to see how much of a PITA that is....I've never tried it.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:59 AM   #282
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ProAutomotive View Post
I know I posted some time ago that, while working on the cowl, we were made aware of another manufacturer tooling it (it's listed in Brother's '07 catalog).
Man, I can't find it anywhere at their site. If I can find it, I will post a link. I'm excited about it, but skeptical. Brothers does have a tendency to have LMC's price-hiking style on some items.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:02 AM   #283
jb4short
Damn Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
Man, I can't find it anywhere at their site. If I can find it, I will post a link. I'm excited about it, but skeptical. Brothers does have a tendency to have LMC's price-hiking style on some items.
page 65 of my catalog pn# CCP6772 This isn't listed as shaved, just the cowl panel. We wouldn't make just the shaved because it couldn't pay for itself without being able to do the standard replacement piece
Old 11-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #284
Mondo

no shaved cowls anywhere

Sorry, didn't see your post, I still think you woud sell a ton of them. You could put little holes along the front edge that would be hidden by the hood and everyone but the purist would buy them...

This is the reply I got back from Brothers.... seems you have the oportunity to have a best seller (leave in the wiper holes though);

This would be an awsome seller. I do not sell this part but if you do find where they are making them plese shoot me an e-mail.
Thanks,
Jamie

Jim Genty
Operations Manager
Brothers Mail Order Ind. , Inc.
801 E Parkridge Ave
Corona, CA 92879
jc@brotherstrucks.com
800-977-2767 (toll free)
909-808-9788 (fax)
WWW.BROTHERSTRUCKS.COM

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2007 8:03 PM
To: orders@brotherstrucks.com
Subject: shaved cowl for 67-72 chev pick up

Not sure who to send this to, feel free to forward...
I was told you were offering a shaved cowl for 67 thru 72 pickups in your 2007 catalog. I didn't see it on the web page and was wondering it this is true (would be great seller)?

Last edited by Mondo; 11-12-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #285
PETEM1957

Auxillary battery trays.
PETEM1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:42 PM   #286
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETEM1957 View Post
Auxillary battery trays.
they're already being made. Look back a page or two in this thread, i posted a link to a place where you can buy them.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:46 PM   #287
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Quote:
page 65 of my catalog pn# CCP6772 This isn't listed as shaved, just the cowl panel. We wouldn't make just the shaved because it couldn't pay for itself without being able to do the standard replacement piece
So, does this mean you will NOT be doing the shaved cowls?

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:50 PM   #288
oldschooler

How about some of these. I dont know what they are called but I am having a hard time finding 2 good ones.
Attached Images

oldschooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:01 PM   #289
oldschooler

Heres a better picture
Attached Images

oldschooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:07 AM   #290
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
If I remember correctly there's a LOT of different H/L bezels from '73'-'87- round, square, single, dual, Chevrolet, GMC, etc....
That's why I said 73-79. They are all the same with the exception of the color around the headlight.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:31 AM   #291
JVictor75
Maintenance Man

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I would like to see the bucket seat mounting points for sale.

What I mean is the original pieces that went under the cab that the seats bolted to. I think this might provide more support than the sheetmetal floorboard so that those of us that have actually located 69-72 style buckets can bolt them into the truck.

Possibly with capture nuts welded on.
JVictor75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:55 AM   #292
shifty
Questionable

JVictor actually brings something to mind that I'd like to see:

I would like to see someone remanufacturing the nut strips that hold a high-hump into place. Nobody manufactures these right now.

It would also be nice to have a lower core support patch for the area that the inner fender bolts to (the part that always rusts out under the battery tray) BUT I would only want to buy this patch piece if it had a near-OEM square nut welded onto it for mounting the inner fender. It sucks that you can't really find square nuts to replace the stock ones at any hardware store, so if you weld in a patch in this area, you're left with drilling and using a regular nut in its place.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:12 PM   #293
Orange Truck
Orange Truck

Re: What parts aren't out there? *Updated pics*

1969 C10 Manual column shifter parts. There are few out there and old used ones are mostly not useable.
Orange Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #294
lbpd719
Zappaphile!

*bump*

any word on the lwb sides yet?

Quote:
Ok; I flew down to the other factory this morning. Some of you may know what this is.....here it sits waiting for the inners to be run then they'll be shipped:

and someone is missing a truck in South Carolina because it's sitting on the third floor of a warehouse in Taiwan:

Old 12-06-2007, 07:12 PM   #295
jaros44sr

Quote:

I would like to see someone remanufacturing the nut strips that hold a high-hump into place. Nobody manufactures these right now.

It would also be nice to have a lower core support patch for the area that the inner fender bolts to (the part that always rusts out under the battery tray) BUT I would only want to buy this patch piece if it had a near-OEM square nut welded onto it for mounting the inner fender. It sucks that you can't really find square nuts to replace the stock ones at any hardware store, so if you weld in a patch in this area, you're left with drilling and using a regular nut in its place.
Shifty, funny you mention this... I was working on my rad. support today and the part that rusts out is easily doable, you could make a rt and a lft. Easy to install as well, come on Jon, give us your thoughts. You'd make a killing on this part.... J.

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 12-06-2007 at 07:13 PM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #296
webbes

so does this mean no plastic glove box liners.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #297
Zeke

Rear tail light corner for a fleetside. You have them for the 'burb:
0857-136 and 0857-135

When Thomas Edison worked late into the night on the electric light, he had to do it by gas lamp or candle. I'm sure it made the work seem that much more urgent. George Carlin
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 04:48 PM   #298
teamroper!

The 4x4 Crowd Might Appreciate The Metal Upper Radiator Pipe.
teamroper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:00 PM   #299
jb4short
Damn Yankee

Quote:

The thing on the support is that we already have them out there; and they're really not that expensive. Labor wise I don't know how much patching it would take to cover the cost of replacement.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:00 PM   #300
jb4short
Damn Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschooler View Post
Heres a better picture
Whoah!! What is that?