The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2008, 11:40 PM   #351
graverobberATL

Re: What parts aren't out there?

I second Sinister's request. I'd love to have a 67-68 style hood that would fit a 69-72. Anybody else interested in this? If enough people request it maybe it'll get made.
graverobberATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:56 PM   #352
cdhc10

I emailed Dynacorn and they said late 2009 early 2010 they will be reproducing full steel bodies for the 67-72 gm trucks.
cdhc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:39 AM   #353
elektrik
Foolish Mortal

I got one-it's relatively simple, but apparently not made from what I can tell-it's the "L" bracket used for Stepside bed steps (it's the support that fits right under the step and bolts to both the step and the bed)
elektrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:05 AM   #354
jb4short
Damn Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektrik View Post
I got one-it's relatively simple, but apparently not made from what I can tell-it's the "L" bracket used for Stepside bed steps (it's the support that fits right under the step and bolts to both the step and the bed)
They are available. I know Classic Industries has them and I think Brothers has them
jb4short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:31 AM   #355
Chevyman680063

How about the proper instrument panel/bezel for 67/68 Chevy trucks with the chrome trim around the edge and the edge of the gauge openings? Every single reproduction one that I have seen has been right except that there is only 1 hole on the top left side instead of 2. My 68 has its original instrument panel and it has 2 holes in the top left corner, one for the wipers, another for the lights and at the top right is the hole for the choke. The 69-72 panels have both holes on the left but I don't want to use them because I like my turn signal lights in the center gauge like it came.

Last edited by Chevyman680063; 04-11-2008 at 06:19 AM.
Chevyman680063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:09 AM   #356
Guy58

Smile Re: What parts aren't out there?

It would be great if someone would reproduce the dog dish hub caps and power steering brackets for an Inline 6.
Guy
Guy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:31 PM   #357
petey-pablo
"THE GREEN GOBLIN"

Talking Re: What parts aren't out there?

I don't know but I've been told No one makes repro 1972 C-10 ONLY BIGBLOCK MOTOR MOUNT TOWERS, THE YEAR IS KEY-->(1972 1972 1972 1972) these are very hard to come by even used! Im sure I wouldn't and haven't ben the only person that was in need of sum. I shoulda Stuck with 71. but anyway jus thoght I'd throw that out in the open and sorry If any one has mentioned this already......
petey-pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:56 PM   #358
Hair

Rear floorboard patch panels in the rear cab corner and gas tank area.
Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:01 PM   #359
jb4short
Damn Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hair View Post
Rear floorboard patch panels in the rear cab corner and gas tank area.
just looking at that last week.....excellent idea
Old 04-19-2008, 04:26 AM   #360
elektrik
Foolish Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ProAutomotive View Post
They are available. I know Classic Industries has them and I think Brothers has them
I emailed both companies and neither had anything for our year truck
elektrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:29 AM   #361
jb4short
Damn Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektrik View Post
I emailed both companies and neither had anything for our year truck
I'll find a link for you
Old 04-19-2008, 02:19 PM   #362
Hair

This might be too far out there, but I've always wondered why they don't make floorboards out of stainless steel sheet. You could use the same gauge material as the mild steel but just stamp it out of stainless instead. Stainless will weld to steel just fine, so you could just weld in a stainless floorboard and be done with it...forever. You could even get wild and polish it out on the bottom side if it was a show truck or something. They would be more expensive, but I've always wondered why we don't see reproduction parts out of stainless. You could make fenders, hoods, doors, and cabs all out of stainless, just forget about rust or paint. But for now, I think a stainless floorboard would be nice. Stainless inner fender wells would be nice too and they would be an easy bolt on that would look as good after 20 years of driving as they did the day you bought them...I would buy them.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:02 PM   #363
jb4short
Damn Yankee

Quote:
This might be too far out there, but I've always wondered why they don't make floorboards out of stainless steel sheet. You could use the same gauge material as the mild steel but just stamp it out of stainless instead. Stainless will weld to steel just fine, so you could just weld in a stainless floorboard and be done with it...forever. You could even get wild and polish it out on the bottom side if it was a show truck or something. They would be more expensive, but I've always wondered why we don't see reproduction parts out of stainless. You could make fenders, hoods, doors, and cabs all out of stainless, just forget about rust or paint. But for now, I think a stainless floorboard would be nice. Stainless inner fender wells would be nice too and they would be an easy bolt on that would look as good after 20 years of driving as they did the day you bought them...I would buy them.
I'm not a body guy but I think welding stainless to mild steel would cause some issues. The inner fenders are a good idea but because nickel pricing went through the roof in the last year the price of raw materials is REALLY high...I can see peple balking at the price
Old 04-19-2008, 05:25 PM   #364
Hair

I'm not a body guy but I think welding stainless to mild steel would cause some issues.

Nope, no problems, welds just perfect. I've done it several times with homemade flush stainless gas lids and other stuff. The only issue I have had is where the painted metal ends and the stainless begins, at the weld, it's hard to get the paint to stick to the stainless it wants to peel off and looks like crap. But then again, I know a WHOLE LOT about welding and NOT MUCH about painting so there maybe some way to make the paint stick. I figured it would probably be too high priced. It's just an idea.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:33 AM   #365
Old Chevy Mech
Keepin it runnin!

Quote:
I'm not a body guy but I think welding stainless to mild steel would cause some issues.

Nope, no problems, welds just perfect. I've done it several times with homemade flush stainless gas lids and other stuff. The only issue I have had is where the painted metal ends and the stainless begins, at the weld, it's hard to get the paint to stick to the stainless it wants to peel off and looks like crap. But then again, I know a WHOLE LOT about welding and NOT MUCH about painting so there maybe some way to make the paint stick. I figured it would probably be too high priced. It's just an idea.
I can think of a dozen non painted items that could be made from stainless. All the bed frames, bed patch panels, floor panels, front inner fender wells, radiator support, lower pillar supports, the latest parts made to restore the rocker boxes on a Blazer, rock shields, bumpers, fire wall, lower inner/underside of the door, bed fender wells, Inner rocker panel. Paint does not like to stick to stainless, so these parts could be since they are very low profile. I'd pay the difference.

Frank

"Liberty Means Responsibility, that is why most men dread it"
Old Chevy Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:38 AM   #366
passthebuck
Sisyphus was my mentor!

I _love_ the idea of stainless, but it cracks more easily when you try to stamp it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Lore...12#Hood_styles

That said, I'd take just about anything stainless you can make!
-TWO 1967 GMC 910's. One with L6/3-on-the tree and the other with 355 w/435hp & a 700r4.
-a 2013 Honda Civic as my "sensible" car
passthebuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:15 AM   #367
jhow66

New '72 Super Cheyenne complete truck at '72 prices.
jhow66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:42 PM   #368
Old Chevy Mech
Keepin it runnin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by passthebuck View Post
I _love_ the idea of stainless, but it cracks more easily when you try to stamp it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Lore...12#Hood_styles

That said, I'd take just about anything stainless you can make!
I'm not convinced of that. My dad worked metals and he always said that there were different stainless steel types out there, and plenty that wouldnt crack when stamped, look at all the stainless steel mixing bowls out there, and stainless steel kitchen supplies. My exhaust is made of stainless and no cracks. I really wish they would make stainless steel parts it would pay in the long run (for us at least!)

Frank

"Liberty Means Responsibility, that is why most men dread it"
Old Chevy Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:09 PM   #369
Aarons72s

I see there is an intrest in stainless steel floors and such. But to me it would be nice if they would be made out of aluminium, especially floors in the cab or even the whole cab. I know that welding would be out for the conection of steel to aluminum but it could just be bonded with the new epoxys and rivited. Just a thought I have always had. Defiinently would love to see aluminu rocker panels. I dont weld any rocker panel in just glue and rivits. As I know eventualy I will have to replace them.
Aarons72s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:23 PM   #370
tommypic

what about a floor board patch that goes at rear of cab under gas tank to cab corner . I have one that just needs a right side patch there . They are bad about rusting out there .

2008 Silverado Z71 LTZ Wrecked New Ride SOLD
71-72 Custom A/C Parts Truck < selling parts
67 Chevy ShortStep SOLD
67 GMC SWB Step <-- For Sell
67 Chevy SWB Step <-- working on
2000 Road King <-- SOLD
97 F150 my ride for now
2006 Escape wifes ride

HELP SUPPORT THE BOARD http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

Great How To Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=157669

Vendor Sites http://67-72chevytrucks.com/links/browselinks.php?c=2
tommypic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:57 PM   #371
jb4short
Damn Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommypic View Post
what about a floor board patch that goes at rear of cab under gas tank to cab corner . I have one that just needs a right side patch there . They are bad about rusting out there .
good idea.....seems like there's demand for that
Old 04-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #372
Sinister
Between Trucks...

When are the LWB bedsides going to be available?
Old 04-24-2008, 07:12 AM   #373
Barben

Rear fuel tank that fits a k10 complete with correct straps, hooks, inlet, hoses, venting, including a wled-it-yourself filler door and in-bed cover for the filler stuff.
Barben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #374
1956cameo

I have to agree with Hair. They need to make the floor panel for the rear corners of the cabs. My current project needs them and all my parts trucks have that area rusted out as well. Obviously a rust prone part of the cab. I am sure many others would need it as well. Also the most important thing that needs to be made is HIGH QUALITY REPLACEMENT SHEETMETAL AND PATCH PANELS JUST LIKE FROM THE FACTORY. I am pretty much done with repro sheetmetal except for small pieces. It doesnt fit or look anything like the original piece. They are usually flimsy and too thin. The lines are no where near as crisp as factory lines. The repro parts are currently on the market but the quality is definately not. I would have no problem paying twice as much for repro sheetmetal if it was exact same quality as original. For now I only buy and use parts taken off of donor vehicles, and only if I cant get the original part do I buy a repro part.
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:01 AM   #375
Gravel

Yup, I am holding out for the LWB bedsides too..
Gravel is offline   Reply With Quote