The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #426
77ChevySharkBite

Re: 1977 Chevy C10 known as SharkBite

No my magnum is rear wheel drive but it has an independent suspension all around.

That should be pretty cool!

Well I wasn't able to put a picture up last night if my new and improved bumper guards and pads but took a picture today

Wasn't able to get anything done today because I was helping a buddy move so hopefully progress tomorrow!
Posted via Mobile Device

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:44 AM   #427
rollin thunder

WOW so much has happened since i was last on bumper guards are sweet! in the pic it looks like you went with a hammered paint which I realy dig. Oh and of course you can`t beat blue its a good color with that black
2001 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 4wd extended cab dd
rollin thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #428
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin thunder View Post
WOW so much has happened since i was last on bumper guards are sweet! in the pic it looks like you went with a hammered paint which I realy dig. Oh and of course you can`t beat blue its a good color with that black

Thanks bro!! It was all because of your initial idea so I owe you a thank you for letting me jack the style! yeah that blue is considered "deep blue" but to me it's more along the lines of a bright blue, if you could seem them in person it's waaaaay better! The black is actually VHT Wrinkle paint it's meant for valve covers but I have to admit myself it looks pretty badass!

Overall I'm very happy with the results I got better than what I expected and well when you see it, it POPS which is what I was going for
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #429
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
Thanks bro!! It was all because of your initial idea so I owe you a thank you for letting me jack the style! yeah that blue is considered "deep blue" but to me it's more along the lines of a bright blue, if you could seem them in person it's waaaaay better! The black is actually VHT Wrinkle paint it's meant for valve covers but I have to admit myself it looks pretty badass!

Overall I'm very happy with the results I got better than what I expected and well when you see it, it POPS which is what I was going for
Posted via Mobile Device
it looks great, i mean i didnt know there was valve cover paint, but when you go to a truck show when its all said and done i hope you brag... Lol im gonna make mine a black out with a couple silver stripes.. All except the grill will be blitz black. and the back lettering if i can find silver paint do the tailgate letters in silver, do some air brushed quicksilver silverado signitures. but i really like the hammered finish, gonna paint my mirrors with it. there pedestal style...
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #430
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybuilder18 View Post
it looks great, i mean i didnt know there was valve cover paint, but when you go to a truck show when its all said and done i hope you brag... Lol im gonna make mine a black out with a couple silver stripes.. All except the grill will be blitz black. and the back lettering if i can find silver paint do the tailgate letters in silver, do some air brushed quicksilver silverado signitures. but i really like the hammered finish, gonna paint my mirrors with it. there pedestal style...

Yeah man going to brag about it proud yeah well it's meant for valve covers but as you can tell I used it otherwise

That's going to look sick man!!! Yeah before mine is the finished product I'm going to send off all my chrome stuff and have it stripped so it's a better paint surface and make it look way better.

Yeah my truck grille is going to be black with a blue bow tie, I'm really to get the perfect combo of black to blue which I think so far I'm doing pretty good still anxious to see the finished product I think about it daily
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #431
77ChevySharkBite

Well not sure if y'all have seen in my other pictures where at my dads the mailbox is badly tilted towards the road so my dad wanted to fix it well here's the solution

Chevy made our trucks beasts!! That 305 pulled it pretty nicely very impressed always love the feel of torque didn't sand any of the truck down did some cleaning in the garage, hopefully get done work done next weekend
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #432
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Well not sure if y'all have seen in my other pictures where at my dads the mailbox is badly tilted towards the road so my dad wanted to fix it well here's the solution

Chevy made our trucks beasts!! That 305 pulled it pretty nicely very impressed always love the feel of torque didn't sand any of the truck down did some cleaning in the garage, hopefully get done work done next weekend
Posted via Mobile Device
haha i like your dads way of thinking, not to complex, just simple. your truck looks sick right now. haha cant wait! i wish i could post pics
Old 04-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #433
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
haha i like your dads way of thinking, not to complex, just simple. your truck looks sick right now. haha cant wait! i wish i could post pics

Actually man I thought of using the truck and strap my dad is the one that agreed it would be smart thanks man it means a lot , it's always nice to be told that the truck looks good even the way it sits
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #434
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Actually man I thought of using the truck and strap my dad is the one that agreed it would be smart thanks man it means a lot , it's always nice to be told that the truck looks good even the way it sits
Posted via Mobile Device
Your freaking welcome. dont down the primer. it looks way better than mine. and thats saying something cause the nicest looking trucks of the squares ive seen are on this site. thats no joke. people around here get em just to jack em up, pay little attention to the rust or anything and put em in a field or a contest wear they cant drive it on the street. glad no one wants a 2X4 stepside with the condition like mine is in. other wise i wouldnt have it, some guy wanting to put it in a derby would have it.. What kinda wheels are on yours?
Old 04-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #435
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Your freaking welcome. dont down the primer. it looks way better than mine. and thats saying something cause the nicest looking trucks of the squares ive seen are on this site. thats no joke. people around here get em just to jack em up, pay little attention to the rust or anything and put em in a field or a contest wear they cant drive it on the street. glad no one wants a 2X4 stepside with the condition like mine is in. other wise i wouldnt have it, some guy wanting to put it in a derby would have it.. What kinda wheels are on yours?

I'm very humbled when people compliment me on my truck, because it says to me all the work, frustration, cussing, and drinking is worth it!!

I would have to agree there are some of the best of the best trucks here on this site man our biggest thing we all have in common is that we have a passion and our trucks prove it by the work we put in them

Yeah all of our trucks has a story behind them.

The wheels I'm running are 15x8 mb wheels razor
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #436
chevybuilder18

They look good, i can see what your aim is just by the wheels. nastalgia
Old 04-21-2013, 09:48 PM   #437
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
They look good, i can see what your aim is just by the wheels. nastalgia
Yeah definitely it's going to be an accomplishment that I've wanted as a kid, a memory of my dad, and well hell it's a badass old school truck with my own twist so who wouldn't want it!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #438
77ChevySharkBite

So after plenty of thinking such, I've decided on my exhaust I'm going to run it on the side by my tanks with 4" tips, make it stick out and be an attention grabber what you guys think?

Also I was looking at my tail gate band this weekend thinking of what I could do to make it different and look good too.......so just tossing up the idea here. I'm thinking do the tail gate band like a semi-gloss black with the Chevrolet in deep blue, I'm still a little undecided on that, but input would be nice to have and what you guys thing, whether I should go for it or not.

Other than that not much going to be going on this week, getting ready to move back to my dad's so a lot of packing to be had.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #439
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
So after plenty of thinking such, I've decided on my exhaust I'm going to run it on the side by my tanks with 4" tips, make it stick out and be an attention grabber what you guys think?

Also I was looking at my tail gate band this weekend thinking of what I could do to make it different and look good too.......so just tossing up the idea here. I'm thinking do the tail gate band like a semi-gloss black with the Chevrolet in deep blue, I'm still a little undecided on that, but input would be nice to have and what you guys thing, whether I should go for it or not.

Other than that not much going to be going on this week, getting ready to move back to my dad's so a lot of packing to be had.
Putting a bunch of those blue accents like your bumper guard inserts (by the way, do you think the paint will stick because it's like a plastic thing? Just curious) would work well. Take your cab trim and paint the area around the bowtie blue along with the stripes on the cab band. Maybe some old school blue penstripping as well. I'm not a fan of blue but DAYUM I think that'd look cool.

BTW is that a newer front bumper you picked up?
Old 04-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #440
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE "10" SILVERADO View Post
Putting a bunch of those blue accents like your bumper guard inserts (by the way, do you think the paint will stick because it's like a plastic thing? Just curious) would work well. Take your cab trim and paint the area around the bowtie blue along with the stripes on the cab band. Maybe some old school blue penstripping as well. I'm not a fan of blue but DAYUM I think that'd look cool.

BTW is that a newer front bumper you picked up?

Yeah I think it's going to help make it pop because of the contrast between the black with a "bright blue" but as you know the black goes with blue. I mean to me it would pop either way whether it's plastic or whatever. As far as trim it's going to be trim less, but I'm definitely going to do some white pin stripping on the truck no doubt just have to figure out where I'm going to get it done at.

I think for sure I'm going to black out the grill, and paint the bow tie blue I think it'll look swwwwwweeeeeett!!!!

Believe it or not the bumper came with truck, it's not even the right bumper so I'm going to see maybe what mods have to be done to get it fixed right so we'll see its going to take some planning and creativity as you know.
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #441
77ChevySharkBite

Well might not get much done this weekend, I forgot to tell my dad I need his truck so I could move the rest of my stuff out of my apartment back home, so just cleaning my room up all day today, and getting ready for the move of the rest of it.

But on the plus side is now that I'll be living with my dad, I'll be able to get working on my truck more often so even if nothing happens work this weekend I'll be able to work on it some this week, but no worries the rest of the cab will be sanded down guys!!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #442
chevybuilder18

hope you get some done man!
Old 04-28-2013, 12:18 AM   #443
77ChevySharkBite

Oh I'll get work done no worries there, hopefully I'll get everything done in time tomorrow and work on sanding it down but no promises guys!

Well good thing I wasn't working on it because it flooded at my house and was hailing so I'd been tripping out no doubt, I should of got some pictures but I didn't. It flooded so much it was about 2ft away from my DD rear tires, I can't tell you the last time it actually flooded here, plus it's still raining as we speak!!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-30-2013, 11:17 PM   #444
luifer76

Quote:
hope you get some done man!
X2..... however i have no room to talk tho i haven't touch my 73 for a couple weeks since im helping my cousin bag his 1960 truck
Old 05-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #445
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by luifer76 View Post
X2..... however i have no room to talk tho i haven't touch my 73 for a couple weeks since im helping my cousin bag his 1960 truck

it's all good your working on another truck so your being productive me on the other hand haven't done much still getting used to living at home again and making sure some other things get taken care of as well. I'm really hoping to get to tear into it this weekend and get the cab of the truck finished and then find something else to take apart

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 05-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #446
77ChevySharkBite

Well not sure if anything will get done this weekend either

I promise I'm going to try and make this short, my parents have been separated for almost a year now. My mom went and got her, her own place and my dad stayed at the house hence that's where the truck is okay well now forward up to today there getting back together but now.....I'm going to have to move my mom this coming weekend because she's getting rid of her place so that's my short story on why I might not get work done on the truck this weekend.

I'm really going to try because I want to have it fully primed but I have to take care of my mom's issues first. I might be able to get at it on Saturday though have the TV company coming out anywhere from 11-1, to install a wireless receiver in my room so that I can watch something other Netflix though that has been some enjoyment get to watch all the seasons of Top Gear UK edition, Overhaulin', The Office, and whatever else is good at the time haha.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 05-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #447
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:

I promise I'm going to try and make this short, my parents have been separated for almost a year now. My mom went and got her, her own place and my dad stayed at the house hence that's where the truck is okay well now forward up to today there getting back together but now.....I'm going to have to move my mom this coming weekend because she's getting rid of her place so that's my short story on why I might not get work done on the truck this weekend.

I'm really going to try because I want to have it fully primed but I have to take care of my mom's issues first. I might be able to get at it on Saturday though have the TV company coming out anywhere from 11-1, to install a wireless receiver in my room so that I can watch something other Netflix though that has been some enjoyment get to watch all the seasons of Top Gear UK edition, Overhaulin', The Office, and whatever else is good at the time haha.
That sucks man. I've had a pretty crappy family situation as well. Glad to hear they are getting back together, that's always nice. Family first no matter what. Don't worry about the truck.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #448
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE "10" SILVERADO View Post
That sucks man. I've had a pretty crappy family situation as well. Glad to hear they are getting back together, that's always nice. Family first no matter what. Don't worry about the truck.
Yeah it's part of life can't control everything but I'm happy there getting back together no doubt.

Yeah but like I said hopefully I can get some work done, right now my dad just told me to get her moved into storage and we'll worry about everything else. So right now my focus is get it moved from an apartment to storage unit for a little while.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 05-05-2013, 02:50 AM   #449
chevybuilder18

Quote:

Family first. hell yea, you have yourself a goal and it will take some time. give you something to tinker with when your bored and have absolutly nothing to do.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:52 AM   #450
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Yeah it's part of life can't control everything but I'm happy there getting back together no doubt.

Yeah but like I said hopefully I can get some work done, right now my dad just told me to get her moved into storage and we'll worry about everything else. So right now my focus is get it moved from an apartment to storage unit for a little while.
glad your mom and dad are getting back together... ik it aint our buisness but tell em congrats for us.