The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
Beelzeburb
Devil's in the Details

Re: LMC truck (rant)

LMC, Victoria British, Black Dragon Auto, they're all from the same parent. If you were hired to answer phones for a company that sells parts for everything from a Sunbeam Alpine to a Mazda RX-7 to a Ford HighBoy would you even have half a clue what your company stocks or what parts fit which vehicles?

This is why I usually don't buy from LMC or any of their sister retailers, there is no way of confirming any information about the parts you will purchase, and if something doesn't work the sales reps aren't going to be of much help unless it's for a refund / exchange.

Last edited by Beelzeburb; 04-06-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Beelzeburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:36 AM   #2
MuthaTrucka

Im all the way down in New Zealand and finding parts for my 73 SWB Chevy C10 is pretty hard work. We got dealers over here that import from th USA but they are way over priced. I orderd some parts from LMC and they actually sent me some guys order from Canada. I rang em up and they got in contact with the guy and he had recieved my order, so they just said I could keep the Canadian guys parts and they re-shipped my order. Got no complaints about that. My parts will be free when I sell the wrong order I recieved!!

Can any one recommend another parts company that sells good quality parts that are reliable and ship to this part of the world?
MuthaTrucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #3
trev1

Well I can see both sides here. I placed an order on a Sunday night. Over $500.... Got the order in Tuedsay morning. LMC did a great job. Got all that I ordered. Was packaged up good. A day and a half to pick the parts, package the parts, and call UPS, and have it at my front door. No complaints here. The card had not hard posted to my bank account, and I had my parts.

We will see how the Quality is today......
trev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
(joey)

i ordered from LMC once and never again.2.5 weeks after ordering and waiting for my rubber seal kit to arrive i get a phone call asking which shipping company i wanted to go with.it took over a week later for them to arrive.a month to get parts is terrible.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
rsavage

I've ordered stuff many many times and always had the ordered delivered within two or three days. Perhaps the length of time is related to your order being shipped out of country?
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote