The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

Re: Bad transaction with "insanebehavior"

The only thing you did wrong Shifty was give that guy $175.00 dollars. I just can't see how he could feel good about himself trying to sell a screwed up frame. He should have paid you for your wasted time and out of pocket expences. Who's the thief here? That's just insane.

'71 Cheyenne Z71 / LT1 & 4-Speed SWB K/10 Father/Son Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l689JKXPnA
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php
"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"

Last edited by Bishops Trucks; 02-09-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
68 short step

ill tell ya why no pics of the frame with the notch for the steering, because it was done poorly... he wanted to "fix" it so you wouldnt see the quality of it, then inspect the frame closer, cause the poor quality notch....you can do alot to hide poor quality, and shifty "caught" you....he called you down on it, and said he didnt want this frame....then you rob him of 175$ by makeing him feel uncomfortable and pressured......nobodys gonna tear down a truck to the frame, haul it 16hrs, plus give 2G, if he wasnt planing on buying your frame....bottom line is you deceaved and robbed shifty....!!!
also why in your defence you dont even mention the 175$??? thank shifty for your recessed monitor in your willys.....
Old 02-10-2008, 01:16 AM   #3
Yeller68

I have dealt with Shifty in the past, and cannot imagine him trying to cheat someone, or be dishonest. Actually he struck me as someone who would go above and beyond to make sure the other party felt good about the deal.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:31 AM   #4
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeller68 View Post
I have dealt with Shifty in the past, and cannot imagine him trying to cheat someone, or be dishonest. Actually he struck me as someone who would go above and beyond to make sure the other party felt good about the deal.
I did. That's where the $175 came into play. I don't really think it was very voluntary on my part, but I could have just as easily punched the guy in the face and hauled ass. I'm not that kinda guy, though.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 02-10-2008 at 03:56 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:35 AM   #5
Alvin
Never Done?

Wow guys, sorry to see something like this. I sincerely hope it can be worked out.

Shifty, I only dealt with you a little bit on that Dell notebook I didn't buy, I got the impression you were a good guy. Now I know it's true.

Hang in there man, never tire of doing the right thing.

Ethel has been sold.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:44 AM   #6
corn

First off, if someone offers to buy something from you & you dont want to sell it, a simple "no thanks" usually solves the deal. No hurt in asking. I also saw in his first post where it said "Any suggestions?".

Shifty, I would have driven away. I dont know of any law that states if someone says you have to "stay", you cant leave. Im sorry to hear about the deal. I dont like to just automaticly think someone is bad, from one deal (that I didnt have anything to do with) but it seams like there were more than a few strange comments in one deal. Sounds like the perfect time for someone to send you $175.

He has some super cool projects in the works, but it looks to me like he could overcome the money a lot easier than you especially under the circumstances.

(No need for either of you to comment or PM me about this. Ive said all Im going to say right here.)...
Old 02-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #7
Pop's72
It's ok to stare...

All you have to do is look at the Computer Q&A section of this board to figure out that Shifty is a stand up guy.

The one thing that sticks out in my mind that indicates what kind of guy Insanebehavior is; He accussed Shifty of taking the money and when he found the money he didn't appolgize he simply left an email that ended with "thought you would want to know"
Old 02-11-2008, 12:50 AM   #8
shifty
Questionable

I'd be totally open to requesting a deletion of this thread and call it a "mutual misunderstanding during a tempered moment" if my money were refunded.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 02-11-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:14 AM   #9
toomanytoyz
Luv the Crewcabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
I'd be totally open to requesting a deletion of this thread and call it a "mutual misunderstanding during a tempered moment" if my money were refunded.
I Truly Wish for all involved that this will Happen, Seem's Like a Fair way to End this..........

Rick
67 Fleet
68 Wrecker
68 Suburban
76 Crewcab
79 Gmc Dumptruck
84 Blazer
86 Crewcab Stepside
87 Iroc
89 GMC Plow Truck
91 Camaro Vert
96 Z71 Stepsde
Old 02-10-2008, 10:47 AM   #10
centsless
sufficiently talented fool

Awful that this is happening. A friend of mine lives by this motto and it helps me get through situations like this. " If he can live with it, I can live without it" referring to someone that takes something from him. ( money, parts, etc. ) I have to say that it seems awful out of character for Shifty to do what he is being accused of.
1981 Corvette
1966 Impala Convertible
Click here to support the board
Old 02-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #11
70rs/ss

I haven't dealt with either, but with the stacks of money (I mean projects, cars, garage, in general more $$$ than he knows what to do with) Why would you insist on getting any amount of $$$ from Shifty? I am not going to take Shifty's side, but just from the thread you started with look at my..... you don't need $200 from any of us. Shifty I pack whenever I go to do a deal with anyone, I don't know these folks, no matter how long they are on an internet forum, I don'y know them and they don't know me, why should we put our safety in danger? You did seek this out, maybe too eagerly, not trying to be an @$$ but I try to temper my desire with 24hrs before I "HAVE TO HAVE" something, by then I can usually see that I'll live without something I thought I had to have just a day before. $hitty deal for both, I hope I never get into one of these deals, money isn't worth it. I have been taken by two folks on this board, both guys were members with long history (join dates going back 3-5 years) One from a guy like insane that had way too $$$ to screw someone, but he has my money and I DO NOT HAVE MY ENDURASHINE RPM AIRGAP INTAKE. So I now have to rethink my original point, just because someone has $$$$ falling out of there orafices, does not mean they won't steal $250 from you (in my case) and $175 from Shifty ("apparently") I say apparantly because NO ONE but Shifty and insane knows exactly what went down, but I have to aggree with the other posters I know who I'd deal with and who I wouldn't. D@mn shame folks have to get screwed, and D@MN shame folks think it's OK to screw people.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:45 PM   #12
PipsC10

I was shocked to see there was any negative threads to be found on this forum. I have only been a member for a short time, and I am pupmed to sit at my computer every day and look for new ideas and suggestions for my own project. I do not know Shifty or Insane, but it sucks for both of you to have to try your reputations in the court of public opinion. I will not judge either of you because I have no knowledge of either party. I can only offer suggections. I do know that some peoples appraisal of an items condition can be drastically different than others, and never assume the condition of an item is as described unless you see it first hand.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:39 PM   #13
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

noone is on trial or such.. this was attempted to be handled privately and did not work out, so it is public.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:28 AM   #14
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

WOW, what a mouthful and a huge amount of reading, in the end though wether
right or wrong money should NOT have changed hands. Personally you taking the
money to me says you were the dishonest one in the deal. This is just my $.02
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
Old 02-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #15
c10crazy
Like a Rock!

I'd say this thread has pretty much run it's course and should probably be closed soon. Both parties have stated their sides to the story out in the open.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #16
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10crazy View Post
I'd say this thread has pretty much run it's course and should probably be closed soon. Both parties have stated their sides to the story out in the open.
I disagree. This thread should remain available until the $175 is refunded along w/an apology to Shifty about the supposed 'theft' of the money.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:07 PM   #17
Cyclone44
Step Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I disagree. This thread should remain available until the $175 is refunded along w/an apology to Shifty about the supposed 'theft' of the money.
$175 to be paid or he couldn't leave, I don't know Shifty, But look at his rep. he didn't get it from being a bad guy...Good luck getting your money back.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:06 PM   #18
shifty
Questionable

He has already refused to apologize to me, and refused to send the money. I'll never delete this thread.

This is the message I got - and to anyone reading this - understand that THIS is what you have to possibly look forward to if you do business with this guy.

havin fun over there shifty with your lies??? i am changin your name to "Twisty" because of the way you twist stories around. Y you are not telling the truth and your really showing who you are by these obsessive crazy posts with numbers, pictures, PM, emails,........your getting played like a fiddle. Unfortuately Perry Mason, what your evidence locker does not show is the truth of the situation. you are lieing and I will not dignify your little web site you got goin. It is nice to know your obsession is about me!! What do you really intend to accomplish? Answer: Nothin my friend. Your words will be long forgotten soon. you really need to grow up. admit it, you got in over your head. you really need to take responsibility. take care.you know what they say, never trust a guy who says he is a stand up guy!!

p.s you are a freak dude!!! now why don't you act like a little girl and tell everyone. enjoy

Old 02-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #19
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

insanebehaviors account is suspended due to him threatening law suits now. Insanebehavior had been asked several times between Josh and myself for proof that shifty was fabricating this story, and or that the emails and PMs within this post were not true. He did not answer any of those requests from us at any point in his correspondence.
The staff wanted him removed for abuse of the contact list (he got my number off it and called me over this) but again we gave him a chance to clear his name.
The deal breaker IMHO was the cracked frame. it was not disclosed and that is misrepresentation of a part. When Josh asked IB about this, IB stated he was not participating in an online courtroom. IB then contacted shifty again, and has threatened to bring a lawsuit against him.

We do not need nor tolerate users like that. Bad deals are just that, and insanebehavior has had every opportunity to refund the money, and or clear his name and has chosen not to.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:25 AM   #20
68 short step

sucks shifty got robbed and no refund...but is good no-one else will have the chance of gitting robbed too, by this nut case loser.....shifty thanks for this thread cause you saved alot of people from getting ripped off, lied to, and even potentially robbed or worse...
glad he isnt appart of this site anymore...first time ever i agree with Liz, great job...
Old 02-12-2008, 12:28 AM   #21
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step View Post
first time ever i agree with Liz, great job...
I'll 2nd that
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
Old 02-12-2008, 12:36 AM   #22
C10 Club Tennessee

I'll third it

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
Old 02-12-2008, 03:02 AM   #23
krue
Designated A-hole!

Glad to see him gone.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"

Last edited by krue; 02-12-2008 at 03:03 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:08 AM   #24
toomanytoyz
Luv the Crewcabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by krue View Post
Glad to see him gone.
I will Agree with That, He made a Big Spalsh onto the Board with his Boasting & His Look at me Attitude. Really Kind of Sad that he Let his Ego Control him to end up at This Point...............

Rick
67 Fleet
68 Wrecker
68 Suburban
76 Crewcab
79 Gmc Dumptruck
84 Blazer
86 Crewcab Stepside
87 Iroc
89 GMC Plow Truck
91 Camaro Vert
96 Z71 Stepsde
Old 02-15-2008, 01:01 AM   #25
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

update, matter resolved
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty

Please see to it that all of the following text gets posted in the thread; I can't do it, the thread is locked:

Quote:
Quick update:

Mark has stepped up to the plate and resolved this matter. I received a Paypal payment of $180 ($175 + 3% Paypal fee) this morning and an explanation/apology (shown below) admitting that he realizes he was wrong and needed to clear up his side.

I (shifty) obviously can't post this myself (because it's locked), so I've asked a moderator to post this message on my behalf and consider deletion of this thread once everyone has adequate time to read the resolution that has been reached.
Quote:
Originally Posted by email to shifty from insanebehavior
The good news is by separating myself from the forum (thanks to the forum mgt) I am able to look at the situation that unfolded at my garage with an open mind. I do want to share with you a conversation I had with my wife last night. I told her that the funny thing was that I was resenting you because I saw some things in you that reminded me of me!! I must admit we have a lot of personality traits in common. Yes, I was very stubborn but you must understand I felt attacked and ganged up on and it did not present me with a compromising personality. I do understand that you did what you thought you needed to do at the time. There are many lessons here for both of us and I know for me when I over react too soon I find I say things I did not mean. You must understand that when I feel someone is trying to hurt me or disrespect me I go into the defense mode. I am sure you would too under the circumstances.

The only thing I can do is do what I need to do about me. I think the simple fact of the matter is that I did tell you that I could sell the frame later which I can. Even though I did the work on the frame sincerely because I thought I was doing you a favor I did them on my own……….you did not ask me to do anything. Therefore, when I emotionally reacted to you in my garage and asked you to pay it was not right. I violated a rule I try to practice which is think before I react. I find if I make a decision during the heat of an argument it is normally going to be wrong. I try to practice patience but quite honestly sometimes emotions get the best of me.

I feel in my mind it is best to send you your money. The only request I have from you is let’s drop this matter as far as you further debate. We could argue about this until the “cows come home” and it really does not make any difference. Hopefully we can both come out of this learning a lesson. I can only correct what I feel is wrong and move on. I have been thinking about what I would expect from you but I do not feel right about making any conditions about me sending you your money. What ever you do on the forum needs to be decided by you. If you make amends on the forum in our behalf fine, if you don’t I will feel no different. This is up to you.

I hope this meets with your approval and if you care to email me your paypal account again I will send you the $175….I think that is the right number.

Thanks,

Mark
Closed Thread