The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-27-2016, 12:50 AM   #26
nail pounder

Re: I think I scored ¿

I'll crawl under it and if I can flip the linkage or something. Gotta be an easy fix. I'm going to order an air filter and misc other parts, cab supports(bushings) etc, the list is growing. I've been reading the owners manual, lots of great info! Steering and clutch adjustment etc. I'm trying to do a little every day after work. Mostly just cleaned it today, lubed up the window cranks and door latches, vacuumed dirt outta stake pockets and behind seat. I think I have to keep it original just because it's all there. Maybe check into headers, I hear you can hop em up a bit. But just the one time around the neighborhood I could tell it definitely isn't a dog. It'll go.
nail pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:34 AM   #27
dsraven

Try a little seafoam motor treatment in the gas tank and drive it for a tank. It is a good fuel system cleaner. Don't put it in the engine oil though, it can clean the engine too well and it will start burning oil. After a tank burned through do a little tune up. Plugs, cap, rotor, points and condenser, fuel line integrity check and change filter, adjust the accelerator pump and spray nozzle, adjust manual choke and throttle linkage, check operation of the heat riser valve in the exhaust manifold, adjust the valves, check centrifugal advance operation and adjust timing. It will likely run like a top after. Way more fun to drive when they run good.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:23 AM   #28
nail pounder

Stopped by NAPA and picked up an air filter, then drove around town. It's got some chatter taking off in1st or reverse, any thoughts? Throughout bearing? But overall it ran good, starts, stops & steering feels tight. I hadn't noticed that the gal had disk brakes put on till this week when I was crawling around under it, shaking things, looking for leaks and what not. She gave me all the receipts from the work she did when she took it out of storage, but I guess I skimmed over that part.
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2016, 09:39 AM   #29
pugs

very nice truck. wonder is ya wet sand a small area if the original color would come thu or not
Old 01-31-2016, 10:32 AM   #30
Foot Stomper

Where did you find the air cleaner! I really like it!

My 1959 GMC build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686989
Foot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 02:59 PM   #31
nail pounder

The air cleaner I got from my local NAPA Auto, 25$. My daughter and I wet sanded on the scrached up fenders and found white and the original blue down there. I may have to keep sanding and roll the "Faux - Tina" look till I get around to doing paint.
Attached Images