The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-23-2022, 11:15 AM   #26
Thealien

Re: Turn indicator switch replacement - lots of pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Banks View Post
Help. The pictures are gone.

I'm working on a non-tilt auto column and have a new switch that has the half round connector. Was really just trying to figure out how to depin the connector(if necessary) and had this saved for refence but sadly the 'lots of pictures' are gone.
On each side of the metal connector you’ll see a little ear that flares out. You need to push them in and then you can pull the connector out by the wire. The best I could do with the pictures but it should give you an idea.

Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 11:22 AM   #27
Jason Banks

Thanks for the pictures, I just walked in from looking at it again. I actually figured out how to get the cups off the column so I could get the plug in without de-pinning.
Jason Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 11:53 AM   #28
Accelo

Evidently the author used a hosting service that is defunct. The post is over five years old. The author hasn't' posted anything since 12-13-2018. I recommend not using a hosting service but saving picture directly to this forum board. Most users do now days as the hosting services are unreliable. Maybe there is another source for pictures or the verbiage will help?
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:08 PM   #29
bry593

I used the Counterpart brand and only had to take it back apart one time! This was only because the Chinese part made an erroneous contact between the horn and ground causing the horn to blare non-stop when I reattached the battery cable. Ha, ha... Counterpart made a big funny for me. Thanks China!!!! Only took disassembly of the whole thing and then grinding a portion of the switch assembly to fix it.

I must say however, since fixing the ground issue, the switch has performed flawlessly. And has a nice feel to it. Meaning it doesn't feel like a piece of plastic is going to break off when using the switch.
Old 02-23-2022, 06:39 PM   #30
Accelo

Seems almost every part I purchase has to be reworked in some manner. Sometimes I's my fault but things like short cab mounts are not.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote