The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-23-2020, 12:48 AM   #26
Missyblue

Re: Gauges help. Engine and transmission finally set

I guess if we hadn't flipped the motor mounts it would be 2inches higher. I'm not sure why he thought that was vest anymore other than I think it made sense for it to work where he thought he liked the engine sitting. I'll have to ask if he considered how low the transmission is. My dad and I dont have a cherry picker so we had a mechanic friend helping and he was helping with engine degrees and whatnot but there was lots to figure. Thank you for the advice I'll have them look next time we get together and see what to do
Missyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 10:18 PM   #27
dsraven

Re: Gauges help. Engine and transmission finally set

I'm betting, if you have a floor jack or something to jack up one end at a time, you could jack the trans up, install a 2x4 shim under the crossmember on each side to, then do the same at the front. watch for the front pulley interference when you jack up the rear. cut a few "pucks" for the front mounts with the hole in the middle for the mount bolts to fit into. when you get the shim height dialled in you can simply make a tubular shim that thick and place it between the engine plate and the frame mounted rubber part. at the rear simply cut some square tube to the right height and bolt it in between the cross member and the frame.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote