The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #51
Kurt L

Re: The "Ever wonder why people....." Thread

my wife like to ride in the left lane all the time, i tell her the left lane is for passing not riding but she continues to ride in the left lane. i'm a dump truck driver here in jaxs and see this stuff all the time,being a wife of a truck driver you would think she would listen to me bout the left lane but not her.
Kurt L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #52
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Ever wonder why a guy on a motorcycle would pull up next to a truck in the right lane and travel there for miles.

It was hot and he wanted the shade.The truck driver nearly ran him over at least 10-12 times since he was in the blind spot.They'll sell any contender for the Darwin Awards a Motorcycle.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #53
coops714x4

"ever wonder why people" are so quick to criticise others for things they do or have done themselves. as long as there are inconsiderate people using transportation devices we will have ALL of the above mentioned.
2014 Street Glide Special
1983 K20 Big Block, auto (work horse)
coops714x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #54
MCCLELLAN103

I HATE the people that when two lanes can both turn left the inside car ALWAYS tries to turn into the outside lane cutting you off or almost taking out the side of your vahicle. bastards
Old 12-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #55
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
Ever wonder why a guy on a motorcycle would pull up next to a truck in the right lane and travel there for miles.

It was hot and he wanted the shade.The truck driver nearly ran him over at least 10-12 times since he was in the blind spot.They'll sell any contender for the Darwin Awards a Motorcycle.
Yeah,ever wonder why some people,no matter what they are riding or driving,hang in your blind spot? I see accidents on a wide open interstate on a dry sunny bright day and wonder how that could happen. I mean billions of dollars were spent to create a roadway that all but eliminates any possible traffic problem and some people figured out a way to screw that up. I feel anyone staying in a blind spot is at least as much at fault as the one who came over on them. Chances are,the idiot in the blind spot was unable to see the turn signal intended to warn of the impending lane change. It's really not complicated. You either ride behind someone or go ahead and get around them,just like on a 2-lane where you don't want to be in the opposing lane any longer than necessary. I try to not pass on the right,too. I'm from back when most cars didn't have a passenger side mirror...because it was illegal to pass on the right!

When I ride my bike I take my own safety into my hands and leave "nothing" up to others. I take defensive driving to the highest level. I never expect anyone to see me,since that's always the dumbass excuse. I follow a strict "pass or stay back" policy and while coming around a car I am prepared to react to them coming over. I think riding a motorcycle has made me a better car and truck driver.

Driving represents life to a T. You follow the golden rule and you are a good driver. It's 10x easier to find fault in others than in yourself. It's good to check yourself every time someone does one of these things and question if you've done the same thing lately. This is what I've done and now I find,after doing this a long time,that I don't do the things I dislike seeing others do. This wasn't always true. I used to reflect and recall times I'd done the same thing. It takes time and thought but we can all become truly better drivers just following this simple practice. No one's perfect,but you can honestly be the best possible.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #56
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Any vehicle I've ever driven I've installed the little round blind spot mirrors to eliminate having to turn my head before switching lanes.
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #57
special-K
Special Order

Me too,but I still have blind spots. I still have to give a final glance to look past my field of vision. Ad,countless times there has been someone there I couldn't see. I have started to come over and the dang fool hanging in the blind spot didn't even blow their horn. "Oh look,that guy is going to come over and hit me"...how worthless? React,you fool!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 12-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #58
ERASER5

This one is a bit different. Yesterday I was following a black Chevy van on a twisty highway. The van was going about 10 under the speed limit. I just followed knowing there was no way to pass for miles to come. There were about 4 of us behind the van. In a bend in the road there is a small resteraunt parking lot, the van pulled into the lot, not to stop for food, but to let us pass, then got he back onto the road. Way to go Mr. Black Van driver, thank you.

I cranked up to the speed limit and cruised on home.
ERASER5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #59
65Pickup

Exactly hats off and happy honks to Mr.Black Van....
Ever wonder why more people don't pull over, even if their speeding, why wouldn't you want some one who wants to go faster ahead of you, they clear the road for radar traps! I call them rabbits, like in gray hound racing. Except the bear catches the rabbit
Old 12-30-2011, 04:21 AM   #60
pat386
misshape grape

Great thread!! I see a lot of this daily. I'd like to welcome you all to my daily personal hell. haha.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-30-2011, 05:41 PM   #61
Tynee
I miss this truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Pickup View Post
Exactly hats off and happy honks to Mr.Black Van....
Ever wonder why more people don't pull over, even if their speeding, why wouldn't you want some one who wants to go faster ahead of you, they clear the road for radar traps! I call them rabbits, like in gray hound racing. Except the bear catches the rabbit
I always called them "Bear Bait."

'08 Crew Cab Z-71 short bed. Really like this truck A LOT.
Tynee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:00 AM   #62
special-K
Special Order

Ever wonder why people try to drive around you when you're parking? I mean really...they can't wait a few seconds for you to get into the space? "I'm maneuvering here!" I back into parking lot spaces so I can pullout when I leave. I get people who drive behind or by my front as I am cutting (and swinging) into the spot. Parallel parking is the same. I have always just waited and let the person park. There's enough to watch out for as it is. Parking lots in general are where all the idiots end up that you saw on the road . They drive through like they are on the "open road". Do cars only have on & off switches in place of a throttle peddle these days? How about backing out of a spot? I see someone backing out,I stop and wait. Yeah wait,look it up in the dictionary...it's there! You can't see until the better half of your vehicle is out,most of the time (this is why I back in). I mean,less cars would be run into if the fools drove them like...oh,I dunno...IT COULD HAPPEN!! Watch what others are doing. We are never alone on the road...or parking lots. It kinda matters what others are doing?

Hey,I'm having fun here.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 12-31-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:55 AM   #63
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Speaking of backing out, I think it should be mandatory for anyone living on a busy road to have some kind of turnaround in their driveway so that when they leave their house, they're driving onto the road instead of backing out right in front of traffic. This happens a lot in Rhode Island. I could do a thread just on Rhode Island drivers, where street signs are just suggestions... lol
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:50 AM   #64
special-K
Special Order

I back in. I figure there's more to driving than getting in your vehicle and driving unobstructed until you reach your destination. Other people use the road as they need.

Tim

Old 12-31-2011, 11:59 AM   #65
jb1016
"Oh well, it's a driver."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCLELLAN103 View Post
I HATE the people that when two lanes can both turn left the inside car ALWAYS tries to turn into the outside lane cutting you off or almost taking out the side of your vehicle.
I had somebody do this to me a few months ago while turning right...nearly wiped me out swinging wide into my lane. I ended up right behind him at the next light, so I could see through his back window that it really wasn't his fault...he was distracted by the chicken wings he was eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Petty
I don't know, but I've been told: You never slow down, you never grow old.
jb1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:01 PM   #66
lil hoodlum

Ever wonder why some people do a "brake check" every 50 feet or so.

Ever wonder why some people start braking before going through an intersection when the light is green.

What really bugs me the most is all of the distracted drivers on the road. The are too busy doing something else while driving. You can tell who they are becuase they are literaly just trying to keep their car between the lines. They are usually totally unaware of everything else that is happening on the road. Poor situational awareness.

Keith
lil hoodlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:11 PM   #67
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Ever wonder why some people...... seem to think that when they're lost,they can just hang out blocking traffic while they figure it out?I mean,you can pull into a praking lot,figure out where you are and where you need to be,make a plan then get back in the street.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:04 AM   #68
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyoldman View Post
I was summarizing my day today and had to chuckle a little so I thought I'd start this thread for fun.

"Ever wonder why people..."

Stop their cars singling you out as a professional driver to ask for directions. While providing them with detailed and accurate instructions they look at you as if you are the one that's stupid? They usually speed off without even a simple thanks.

"Ever wonder why people..."

Make a lane change in front of you with minimal space when you are going 20mph faster than them but when they see you on their bumper they tap the brakes and make love gestures?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpuller View Post
i got one don....this has always fried me.your on a busy two lane road....somebody pulls out in front of you in your direction of travel...they go about a block and try to turn left.since it's a busy two lane you get to sit there behind them while they wait for traffic to clear enough for them to turn left,had they not pulled out in front of me.i'd be well on my way down the road............
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyoldman View Post
"Ever wonder why people"

signal a turn two feet before they make it. Meanwhile you have been waiting courteously at a stop sign even though they are the only other vehicle in sight.
Quote:
out here in the northwest on alot of our two lane hiways they will have a two passing lane section on a steep grade.many times i have followed somebody going 10 miles under the speed limit and soon as you get to the passing lane and pull out too go around them they speed up to 75 or something.but,i guarantee you i will get around them if i have to do a 100 to get there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONHOG View Post
"Ever wonder why people?"

Look at you like you are in there way when you pull all the way up to the stop line @ a T intersection.
As if they have the right of way in your lane. Did I miss something in drivers ed?

Its a 90 not a 45 right?
Quote:
ever wonder why.........stuff people eat while driving....i once sat beside a woman at a stop light who was eating a bowl of frosted flakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Pickup View Post
You guys are hilarious, maybe Jeff Foxworthy will add this to the Blue Collar Comedy Tour
Why does the punk that passes, pulls in front of you, slows down...repeat three times, then spike his brakes at a merge, finger you and gesture for you to pull over, and is stupid enough to pull over as well, act shocked when you punch him in the face????? Okay he got rattled so I just shoved him twice, I should have drove him, but my wife and kids were waiting for me to come back to the car.

I hate to tell you this guys but it's because your state has the worst drivers in the entire United States of America!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

Hi from Oregon!
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:38 AM   #69
Sillyoldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I hate to tell you this guys but it's because your state has the worst drivers in the entire United States of America!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

Hi from Oregon!
That's so true but it's mostly attributed to the northern migration of our southern neighbors

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:52 AM   #70
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

LOL....I'll be at the puyallup swap meet in a couple of months and dread mingling with people that don't know the left lane from the right one.

Bottom line is most everyone and their driving irritates me!
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #71
65Pickup

Quote:

Hi from Oregon!
Hey I'm from Canada, when did we become the 51st State, I didn't even know we we're invaded. traffics the same everywhere.
...ever wonder why the three people at a left hand turn light aren't paying attention when the arrow turns green, fortunately they make it through the light but no one else.

Maybe see you in Puyallup Goodguys this year.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #72
sneakysnake
It's a catastrophic success.

My peeve on top of all that has been said, Its pouring down rain and people dont have sence enough to turn on their headlights so the rest of us can see their charcoal colored car against a wet road background.
sneakysnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #73
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicklajoie View Post
Speaking of backing out, I think it should be mandatory for anyone living on a busy road to have some kind of turnaround in their driveway so that when they leave their house, they're driving onto the road instead of backing out right in front of traffic. This happens a lot in Rhode Island. I could do a thread just on Rhode Island drivers, where street signs are just suggestions... lol
I was thinking about this after I posted a reply. Now,the last thing any of us needs is a new law telling us yet another thing we have to do with our own personal property. Like I said,I always back in. Fact is you have limited access hiways and you have the rest where there are entrances at any given point and you are to drive accordingly. I'm not sure it's true,but I believe it's a law that it's illegal to back onto a public hiway. I've heeded this for so long I forgot it was a law. It just makes sense to me and that's what I have followed all my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakysnake View Post
My peeve on top of all that has been said, Its pouring down rain and people dont have sence enough to turn on their headlights so the rest of us can see their charcoal colored car against a wet road background.
Exactly! They even made it an idiot law here to run your headlights when wipers are on(I always have). YET...it seems 90% of the numb brains who still don't (it's been many years now) are driving silver/grey tone cars that blend into the mirk. To me it makes a blatant statement about those driving these cars having no awareness of their surroundings,a false sense of security,taking life for granted,and not taking responsibility for their own safety. I'm pretty sure these are the same people who hang in your blind spot

Tim

Old 01-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #74
fine69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicklajoie View Post
If everyones driveway had some sort of turnaround you would have people using it all the time.

I used to have a large circular driveway. People would pull in and just drive around my property like they lived there.

I even had a NO TRESPASSING sign up. But they failed to grasp the fact that i made the house payment.

People are just RUDE.

Board member #6

fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #75
NONHOG

Quote:

Hi from Oregon!
Might be from the gas fumes we deal with pumping our own gas.