The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-06-2018, 10:54 AM   #51
daveinluray

Re: 72 c30 dump with tool boxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I spend a good bit f time in that area, visiting my sister who lives in Rileyville. My truck is a hodge podege in ways and it is to make it better. I have an HEI ignition for one thing. It's a 4wd with 4" lift and rather than buy fancy expensive off road company longer brake hose I ask for 1986 C20 hoses because they are the right length. I run headers with the plug wires out the top. I ask for '75 Vette pug wires because they fit. And my starter I ask for a '96 Vette LT4, which is a small bodied starter. I can't think of anything else right now, but I have to keep track of what I change and find it is easier to let the parts person believe I have whatever the parts are from rather than confuse their mind set on make model year for fitment

All the 157" WB C/30s were cab & chassis and the only bed from factory would be the stake body. Must be a true '72 then, with 9/16" studs on rear, too. That's good news since everything is compatible with what came in years since. The '70-earlier trucks used the small studs and the 16" wheels were all split rim, and no newer than '70, so not just laying around everywhere. Using later wheels is no problem for your truck
Cool, im in bentonville. good news on the truck as I am going for function on this one and perhaps a stepping stone to eventually doing a pickup restoration.
Im quickly learning to much info at the parts counter makes things hard if you need something that will take a bit of research. i made the mistake of trying to explain why my rotors and calipers were not 72. next time its a 75 for purposes of front brakes.
daveinluray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:37 PM   #52
special-K
Special Order

Heck yes, Bentonville. I'm expecting to do some work at my sister's before too long. Maybe we could meet up a while and I could check out your 157. Do you know Bill Athey on Rocky Lane? I could name others in Stanley and Luray.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:22 AM   #53
daveinluray

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Heck yes, Bentonville. I'm expecting to do some work at my sister's before too long. Maybe we could meet up a while and I could check out your 157. Do you know Bill Athey on Rocky Lane? I could name others in Stanley and Luray.
sounds good. I should have her at least on the road here in a week or two. Let me know when your coming through and if I am around we could meet up at the post office or something.

I think I met Bill at NAPA but I dont really know him to well.
daveinluray is offline   Reply With Quote