The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-26-2020, 03:55 PM   #51
iriereggaeman

Re: values of our trucks on the increase

both by kids (now 17 and 19) seem to appreciate old vehicles, but that's likely because they both grew up in dad's "old" 1983 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler.

My daughter likes the look of the older cars but wants some modern conveniences, so she purchased a 2002 BMW X5. Not old by the vehicles discussed on this board, but she still changes the oil, keeps on top of the fluids, etc. She occasionally laments that she didn't buy something older, iconic.

As my son got to driving age, he expressed a great desire to use the Scrambler. I put him through the "ya gotta know what you're doing" old car ringer before I let him do so. Anything that is needed for the old girl must 1st be attempted by him (and dad). He's amazed and how inexpensive it is sometimes to fix things yourself. He's got the bug. The girl likes to regularly drive the '72 Suburban for it's cool factor.

I guess I'm saying that there are some kids out there that still appreciate old things, and taking care of them.
iriereggaeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 09:19 AM   #52
Axle

Re: values of our trucks on the increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
I agree the value of older well built/kept trucks is rising but think Forbes totally missed out by not including the 67-72 series.
I'll start with this older comment about the forbes list; consider it a good thing a vehicle is not on these lists as affordable. All it does is drive up the price as people start flocking to them. Let them find out for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by best view View Post
Well my 2 grandsons know as much about these trucks as anyone on here they are 16 and 17 they work and saving money to buy one as there first truck they sit in mine and love rolling up the windows ask why did they stop using vent windows a questions I can’t anseur
So they could sell you the next new one air conditioning because without the vent windows the air buffets you terrible if you opted to not get a/c.

Alex.
Axle is offline   Reply With Quote