The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-27-2012, 05:17 AM   #76
screaminchevypickup
Laid Back

Re: 24 years later....here we go

I think it's time for some updates and pics.. I know you have been working on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Direct dealers for..

Vintage Air, Porterbuilt, Billet Specialties,Budnik wheels ,eddie motorsports, raceline wheels, intro wheels, Dakota Digital, precision, unisteer, Trimparts, and many many more... Laid Back Recreations.. Full restoration shop and full paint and body..

Kyle

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=574629
screaminchevypickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #77
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Very nice Bryan and Kyle. makes me wish I lived closer. I love the attention to the small details because they make the biggest difference. Looking forward to more pics. I also think it is more fun building one than driving one. It is nice to have a good solid starting point and the fact that it is ALL GM metal makes it priceless. Great Job!!
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #78
hfd410

Made some progress last several days. Got the bed drilled for all of the moulding and tail-light bezels. Kind of tedious but I got it really straight and in line with the cab moulding. The mustang tank is plumbed with -6 braided hose all the way to pump and -6 to carb. Inline filter back by tank. Fuel and brake lines are clamped to frame with Summit clamps. I added a vent on the filler neck in case the vented cap was'nt enough. Ran 3/8 fuel line for vent. Cut about a 4"x4" hole in bed over cap for now until I get the billet fuel door. Overhauled the rear drums with new pads and wheel cylinders. All new brake lines and M/C Got the Lokar shift linkage installed. Need to adjust it a little bit to get my shifter indicator in line and bolt torque convertor to flexplate. Its going for 2.5" magnaflows on Thursday. I got the inner fenders painted and got the drivers side put in. They look pretty cool all black and shiny. I hope to take it back to Kyle before Christmas, just depends on his schedule and Im not in any big hurry really. Thanks for everyones interest. These projects can be kinda overwhelming !!!
Attached Images

hfd410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #79
hfd410

Last one is just showing the alternator that a fellow up the road built me. He has a little starter/alternator shop. I needed a "smaller" diameter alternator because of the taller valve covers so he gutted a new one and made a one wire for me. Put a smaller diameter chrome pulley on it too. I love the stance of these trucks with the 4/6 ECE drop kit....
Old 11-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #80
screaminchevypickup
Laid Back

Looks good Bryan keep up the good work..
Posted via Mobile Device

Direct dealers for..

Vintage Air, Porterbuilt, Billet Specialties,Budnik wheels ,eddie motorsports, raceline wheels, intro wheels, Dakota Digital, precision, unisteer, Trimparts, and many many more... Laid Back Recreations.. Full restoration shop and full paint and body..

Kyle

Old 11-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #81
hfd410

Thanks Kyle, the edelbrock air cleaner is temporary. I'm gonna get a billet one. The truck needs to be cleaned up real good, it's real dusty. I had a heater hose pop off the other day (forgot to clamp it) and it has water spots all over engine compartment. But it's coming along good. I haven't even scratched it, so far....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #82
hfd410

Oh, TBone 1964 it's all GM sheet metal (mine) with the exception of the bed. It's a re-pop.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #83
Crash_OK

Incredible.. Looks great….

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Crash's Roof over Lake Home

Crash's 1988 Land Cruiser Build
Crash_OK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #84
hfd410

I took my pickup to the muffler shop today for 2.5" magnaflows. Gonna run 2.5" pipe from the Sandersons, an H, and then through the 3.5" pipe I welded into X member and put mufflers right under the bed. The fellow at the shop let me touch my frame up with chassis black while it was on the lift and change my transmission pan. Transmission got a total overhaul but my old pan was dinged up and did'nt have a drain plug so I got a new one and rattle canned it. She has to spend the night at the exhaust shop so I think I may take our baby monitor over there where I can watch her all night. Of course it will be locked up inside on a lift. No worries. Will get some pics of completed exhaust tomorrow. These are just some of it on the lift.
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #85
hfd410

The driveshaft is only my slip yoke that I stuck in there so I could get a measurement for new driveshaft....
Old 11-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #86
screaminchevypickup
Laid Back

Looks good!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Direct dealers for..

Kyle

Old 11-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #87
hfd410

Got the 2.5" magnaflows put on today. I thought they did a great job on the welds and fitment of the pipe. Dumped em under the bed for now. Gonna try that and if its to loud or gets everything to dusty we will take em out under the rear sides. They really sound good. Also a pic of my new cigar lighter.
Screamin' better get his paint gun ready for phase 2...
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #88
gdavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfd410 View Post
Got the 2.5" magnaflows put on today. I thought they did a great job on the welds and fitment of the pipe. Dumped em under the bed for now. Gonna try that and if its to loud or gets everything to dusty we will take em out under the rear sides. They really sound good. Also a pic of my new cigar lighter.
Screamin' better get his paint gun ready for phase 2...
How do u like where the exhaust dumps out. Does it get the rest of the truck dirty.
gdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #89
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Just a thought,

If you run the exhaust with tail pipes, I would run them to the corner of the rear bumber and have them cut so they are not visible. I did this to my 72 SWB years ago. I used the stock chrome bumber and when you stood behind the truck you could not see the tail pipes. It was a nice clean look. I wish I had some photos of that truck with the exhuast.

I have had them just like you do now as well and it does stir up the dust, espeacially if you have a engine with high compression.

I think you are doing a class act job on the restoration and your attention to detail is absolutely top notch. keep up the great work.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #90
hfd410

Thanks TBone, it sounds really good with the exhaust resonating off of the ground under the bed. If it stirs up to much dust I will run em to the corners like you are talking about. Wanted to try this first. Thanks for the comments, there are so many details that are easy to overlook. I was adjusting the timing today, put PS pump on, etc. Im waiting on driveshaft and I'm gonna take her for a spin before I take her back to Screamin' for phase 2 of paint.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #91
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

The exhaust on my Camaro dumps before the axle and dust isn't a problem. Then again, I don't drive off pavement with it either. It sure does sound good though!

Your truck is looking great. Keep the pics coming.
Posted via Mobile Device
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #92
BigCountryx

Mine are dumped just like yours. I've got no problems with dust 90% of the time, but got parked in a grass lot at a couple events at Cruisin the Coast and man it sucked. I looked like pigpen from Charlie brown backing into a sandy/dusty spot with no top on the blazer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #93
hfd410

The video would'nt load but I got my driveshaft back yesterday and put it in this morning. Filled her up with transmission fluid, replaced a stripped cooler line fitting, checked and re-checked everything, and then took her for a spin ! No glass, and the window regulators were rattlin' like crazy but it sure did run good. I had broken the cam in a couple of weeks ago. I was really suprised at the torque that it has. I have a few little things to fix like a leaky trans pan gasket and finding a noise in the rear end. Its a little noisy when I back up, kind of clunky. Dont think its the pinion angle. The driveshaft is almost perfectly flat from the trans to rear end after the 4/6 ECE drop. The U joints dont have much of any angle if that makes since. Feel free to comment. I had a one piece shaft made with everything new of course. Its the perfect length. Anyway, that should be easily corrected. I was excited at how well it ran and seemed to really pull hard. Going for phase 2 of paint back to Kyle on 12/21.....
Old 12-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #94
hfd410

Got the moulding on the passenger side of cab today, and installed inner fender. It had a small transmission leak so I loaded it up and ran it up to the shop that overhauled it and it turned out to be the seal on the gear selection stem. Two minute fix. Also got the AC vent balls put in. Got the Lokar linkage adjusted so that the gear selector is right. Kind of preliminary on that but I had em, so why not. Here's a closeup of Kyle's good work and few shots of it outside under its own power !!

PS...does anyone know why when I push the brake pedal that both blinker indicators in the dash would come on? All new wire, I may have something plugged in wrong. Thats part of the fun of it...
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #95
hfd410

Noise in rear end fixed. I replaced the pinion seal when I put my new driveshaft in. The guys at the transmission shop were looking at it for me while it was on the lift and discovered I had not tightened my pinion nut down enough. They do rear ends too. Anyway they torqued it down for me and its good to go now. Smooth and quiet with zero vibration...
Old 12-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #96
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Boy, that's a pretty neat trick you did with the blinkers. Do the taillights work as they should? Did you put a new wiring harness in? Chasing down these gremlins is part of the game when they've been blown apart like this.
Posted via Mobile Device
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #97
hfd410

Its all new wire from ECE front to back, no splicing. All connections pre-made. I dont have the bed wired. Gonna wait till Kyle is done. I'll figure the wiring out easily I hope, just thought that was funny when I noticed it. Probly have the brake switch plugged in wrong. I havent even looked yet...
Old 12-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #98
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfd410 View Post
Its all new wire from ECE front to back, no splicing. All connections pre-made. I dont have the bed wired. Gonna wait till Kyle is done. I'll figure the wiring out easily I hope, just thought that was funny when I noticed it. Probly have the brake switch plugged in wrong. I havent even looked yet...
Bryan, It sounds like the power to your brake lights may be back feeding through the indicators on the dash. Do you have the rear harness hook up and grounded yet? I am willing to bet that is your problem. Keep us posted.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:00 AM   #99
hfd410

No wire at all on bed. Kyle has to take the bed off so no reason to wire it. Its bare. Just underdash, forward, and engine harness' are in. I just thought it was funny when they lit up with brakes. I'll figure it out when I get it back from Kyle. I was relieved when my transmission guy found the simple leak and fixed my pinion nut. I was afraid that I had rear end issues. I had already put in new axle bearings, seals, pinion seal, overhauled drums, and cover seal. Its nice and firm feeling. Chirps the tires every time the TH350 shifts if your'e in it a little bit. Really runs good but it loves the super unleaded.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #100
fastcam1
Young gun

wow looks awesome!

Northwest C10's
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/Norhtwestc10s/
Cameron sparks
fastcam1 is offline   Reply With Quote