The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Re: 84 Crew Cab Rebuild

More work finaly done with the roof and rear of the cab

moved the cab back and raised it so it was easyer to work on!

doing the last bit of rust and welding replacing cab supports

got the fire wall done just got to put the sound denting on now
this was just something the local boat shop had should work really well also going inside the cab

Paint should be just around the corner

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
GmtGmt

Sewer pipes

Name:  DSCF0751_800x600.jpg
Views: 2298
Size:  53.2 KB
Name:  DSCF0758_450x600.JPG
Views: 2301
Size:  60.6 KB
Only one shown the sec is under the truck for mock up
Name:  DSCF0760_800x600.jpg
Views: 2296
Size:  42.6 KB
Name:  DSCF0778.jpg
Size:  52.4 KB
Name:  DSCF0779.jpg
Size:  51.0 KB

got to 2 Cherry Bombs Vortec Mufflers ordered 3" and 2½" to 3" adabter

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #3
GmtGmt

not a whole lot to show but some is allways better then nothing

got both down pipes done
Name:  DSCF0787_800x600.jpg
Views: 2279
Size:  60.3 KB
Name:  DSCF0785_800x600.jpg
Views: 2289
Size:  52.6 KB

test fitted the doors and started working on them the passenger side had alot of rust but it was only the outter skin so its salvageble
Name:  DSCF0781_800x600.jpg
Views: 2285
Size:  27.8 KB
Name:  DSCF0782_800x600.jpg
Views: 2270
Size:  43.6 KB

and the driver side had alot of dents but mostly rust free both aline good so just need to get them ready

Name:  DSCF0783_800x600.jpg
Views: 2282
Size:  33.2 KB

going to pickup the passenger rear door and rust free hood next weekend

Quote:
Old 04-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
GmtGmt

i love rust free OEM metal

Name:  DSCF0792_450x600.JPG
Views: 2172
Size:  39.6 KB
Name:  DSCF0793_450x600.JPG
Views: 2164
Size:  39.5 KB

came from this burb

Quote:
Old 04-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
GmtGmt

Updates

new Rear shocks mounted
pics will follow later

finaly got the brakes to bleed so now i only need to bleed the hydroboost system but that will have to wait until its fired up

got to get me 2 adapters from 2½inch to 3inch and 2 flex tubes so i can get the exhurst complete and the cab can be mounted again

also has to find so engine room insulation.

paint should get her next week, so before summer she shound be ready to tear up the road around here

all left to buy really is a 6 new tires, windsheild, ebrake cable and front shocks

Quote:
Old 04-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #6
1tonchevy
C35 Crew Dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmtGmt View Post
Updates

new Rear shocks mounted
pics will follow later

finaly got the brakes to bleed so now i only need to bleed the hydroboost system but that will have to wait until its fired up

got to get me 2 adapters from 2½inch to 3inch and 2 flex tubes so i can get the exhurst complete and the cab can be mounted again

also has to find so engine room insulation.

paint should get her next week, so before summer she shound be ready to tear up the road around here

all left to buy really is a 6 new tires, windsheild, ebrake cable and front shocks
Sounds like it's comming together! can't wait to see it complete!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=414892
1tonchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #7
GmtGmt

Exhurst is done

2½ inch into flextube to 3inch and set of Flowmaster Super 44 SS and stuck true duals exit

pic from half way

Name:  DSCF0796_800x600.jpg
Views: 2048
Size:  51.7 KB
Name:  DSCF0797_450x600.JPG
Views: 2048
Size:  46.3 KB
Name:  DSCF0798_800x600.jpg
Views: 2039
Size:  34.6 KB

a long road ahead still but im getting there getting paint next week do by the 1 of june she should be in colors first start up since teardown next weekend hopfully

Quote:
Old 05-02-2011, 08:05 AM   #8
RandyP
Getting Old; Going Broke

Looking sweet man! Keep the gears turning, you're about to be on the down hill slide of this project. Can't wait to see a picture of you in the drivers seat about to tear down the road in it. You'll have a grin from ear to ear.
When the going gets tough, switch to power tools.
RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #9
GmtGmt

Finaly abit to write about

got it in primer

but unfortenley we are forced to move shop but we bought a bigger with alot of space inside and outside. so we are making it road worthy so it can be driving the sort distance to the new shop

mounted the dash pad to just see how it looks

Mounted doors and seals and misc stuff

Also got a reman injection pump install the old one died by sitting

Quote:
Old 07-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #10
57HotTruck

Hello.
I had to see what you're doing. great project you have there, it is totally OK thumbs up.
57HotTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #11
GmtGmt

Well thuseday we are moving shop so have to get the truck running and kinda road worthy so it can move to the other side of the town.

i have been trying to put the wiring harness all togther

hopefully i can get it cranked up tommrow

Quote:
Old 08-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #12
watahyahknow

you could basicly hotwire it for the trip just put power on the ignitioncoil the feulpump if it has one and the startermotor

as for indicators turn oprn the window and stick youre arm out to go left and have someone in the car for the left turn , just drive inside roads and try not to stick out to mush to the lawinforcementofficers (nice scrabbleword)

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:07 PM   #13
GmtGmt

Its alive

Quote:
Old 05-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #14
GmtGmt

Well well well long time no see, Life got in the way.
this project have been on the back burner for a long time now because of time and Money. I bought a 92 body that i fit but didnt like it. so have bought a 84 single cab. Little rust and mostly complete missing the top lights and other stuff but thats fine.

Picking it up late this week.

The crew cab body has been scrapped a tree fell onto it back in mid 2013.
the bed will be taken off and this will become a Ramp truck for my Auto repair buissnes

Quote:
Old 10-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #15
GmtGmt

End of the line

Chassie for its New owner, Will be made into a Car hauler with a Volvo 210 Pickup body and Cummins 6BT Diesel Engine

The bed Waiting for the new truck

This cab is was going to be used but now its donating parts for the new truck and the rest is going to meet its maker along with the crew cab body.

Engine faith undesided

Thanks for looking.
Watch out for the New Build.

Quote:
Old 12-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #16
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Nice work. That supercharged 6.2 is pretty cool!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:20 AM   #17
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Nice work. That supercharged 6.2 is pretty cool!
trust me it looks even cooler

Name:  DJEaQ_1024x767.jpg
Views: 2365
Size:  64.4 KB

Quote:
Old 12-02-2010, 03:02 AM   #18
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

I like it! Dig that older V-belt blower drive too! I have been having day dreams for a long time about building a supercharged 7.3 IDI turned into a DI with zoomies in a rat rod.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.

Last edited by Dieselwrencher; 12-02-2010 at 03:03 AM.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #19
GmtGmt

Soon time to give the crew cab some love again

Quote:
Old 12-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #20
87 chevy silverado
Account Suspended

kool
87 chevy silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #21
GmtGmt

I have gone into my thinking box again on paint.

What do you guys think of this one?

Name:  Kopi af Kopi af hauler3.jpg
Views: 2556
Size:  25.3 KB

Quote:
Old 12-28-2010, 12:50 AM   #22
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmtGmt View Post
I have gone into my thinking box again on paint.

What do you guys think of this one?

Attachment 672672
Good Start...

But I had to fix something for you.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #23
GmtGmt

I might have a change of plans getting a thrid cab a board member in Cali is going to hook me up as he is parting out a white one OMYC. because i have a feeling my poor body work skills are going to comeback and haunt me in few years.

we are going to see if shipping aint going to kill the deal

Quote:
Old 01-03-2011, 11:57 AM   #24
87 chevy silverado
Account Suspended

hope it works out
87 chevy silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #25
GmtGmt

finally got some seriurs progress on the body work. 3 guys 3 sanders and 8 hours of sanding, bondo, beer and paint

Quote: