The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-13-2008, 06:43 AM   #151
abadsvt

Re: Project "Dream Truck"

Thanks alot guys for the complements guys!! Unfortunately this project is going to slow down because i need ALOT more money to finish it the way i want so i am shifting my energies towards my other project. What i decided is to completely redo my other frame and since i already bought all the parts, I can basically put a truck together without very much money out of my pocket and hopefully sell it right after i get it done so i can then finish this project the way it should be finished. Anyone have an extra money tree lying around in there back yard?

Josh
Other project: C5 corvette swap into 70 c10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post2413517 On Hold
abadsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:34 AM   #152
corn

Not to get off the subject of your truck, but your '65 is VERY nice! Ive had 3 of them, still one of my favorite years.
corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:07 PM   #153
ChevyDude

Just have to say what a great project and job you are doing here!!!! Engineering, inginuity, ambition, creativity, and so many more descriptive words could be used. Congrats on such an outstanding project and work!

1971 Lil' Red 350 SBC 700R4
ChevyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #154
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

I just read through this whole thread for the first time. Very nice! I was wondering what you decided for the ride hieght on this frame. Are you going to re-do it lower?

Do you have any idea how much of a weight difference there will be for this chassis compared to stock? Any info on how exhaust will be routed?
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:51 PM   #155
abadsvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn View Post
Not to get off the subject of your truck, but your '65 is VERY nice! Ive had 3 of them, still one of my favorite years.
Thanks I loved that car. It is okay though because I still have a 65 SS conv malibu that i bought when i was 17. It needs some love but it will get some attention right after i finish my two projects. I agree 100% about the favorite years.

Josh
Other project: C5 corvette swap into 70 c10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post2413517 On Hold
Old 04-13-2008, 06:53 PM   #156
abadsvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyDude View Post
Just have to say what a great project and job you are doing here!!!! Engineering, inginuity, ambition, creativity, and so many more descriptive words could be used. Congrats on such an outstanding project and work!
Thanks ChevyDude! Those are very kind words!!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 07:23 PM   #157
abadsvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
I just read through this whole thread for the first time. Very nice! I was wondering what you decided for the ride hieght on this frame. Are you going to re-do it lower?

Do you have any idea how much of a weight difference there will be for this chassis compared to stock? Any info on how exhaust will be routed?
Well the ride height on this frame is 8". That is from the ground to the frame and it is about 6 5/8" - 6 3/4" from the ground to the pinch welds on the rockers. Well i am not sure exactly what route i am going to go with the frame because there are a few things i would like to change so i decided just to wait till i get more money and finish mocking up the truck and then after everything is mocked up and done then I can justify changing the frame. That way i will be aware of everything first and how i want everything ran (wires, fuel lines and so on).

I am not sure how it will compare in regards to the total weight. I am hoping it will come in around the low 3k range but that is just a guess. The front suspension is definately noticably lighter that stock setup. I wish i had a large scale because i have another setup that uses air ride tech strong arms, stock spindles and it is really heavy compared to the C5 stuff. I was going to run the exhaust underneath the torque tube and then I was hoping to continue the exhaust out the back but it there isn't enough room I was either going to bring them out with a side mount in the bed. We will see though.

Josh
Old 06-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #158
yfz450_0569

I LOVE your truck!!! Do you by any chance happen to have the measurements of your other frame or some info. on that dropmember? I'm thinking about building a frame myself since mine doesn't look to good anyway. Don't mean to cause any trouble, but I want to make sure it turns out right.
yfz450_0569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:56 PM   #159
abadsvt

sent you a pm
Old 11-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #160
OLDIRON69

All I can say is WOW!!
69 Dodge Charger-440/4spd
OLDIRON69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:35 PM   #161
PRORIDES

I think there is a money tree here in PA!!! Pack up your stuff and swing down pick up Nathen and C10 will start working when you guys get here and we can all shake that money tree!!!
PRORIDES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:05 PM   #162
abadsvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRORIDES View Post
I think there is a money tree here in PA!!! Pack up your stuff and swing down pick up Nathen and C10 will start working when you guys get here and we can all shake that money tree!!!
Man i love money trees! They are probably my single favorite tree I wonder if i can talk either nathan or c10 to drive that way i can sleep all the way there.

I been meaning to ask. Did you guys make it to SEMA? How did it go? I wanted to go so bad but we had to get a job done that took a few days longer than it should have. Next year though i am going regardless. talk to you later

Josh
Old 11-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #163
PRORIDES

I love money trees too. I planted the seeds around the back of the shop and I water them everyday. I can't wait for them to grow. We didn't go to SEMA this year the first I missed it in 5years. I just have been running so much I just had to take a break,Plus I blew up the shop tow pig up on the way back from the Charlotte Goodguys. So things got a little behind around the shop. C10 won't be driven out with you guys because he lives 10 minutes from the shop. But if you need help driving a can hire a few of the hot chicks from SEMA to help you guys out. Only if that gets you here faster!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 12:04 AM   #164
FnLow69

can i hitch a ride...mostly for the hot chicks... haha though i wouldnt have them drive, we know how most of them drive. j/k
FnLow69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #165
abadsvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FnLow69 View Post
can i hitch a ride...mostly for the hot chicks... haha though i wouldnt have them drive, we know how most of them drive. j/k
I know exactly what you are talking about. I believe those handles in cars that are right above the door we designed by a man who test driver was a women. I call them "oh sh!t" handles because the only times i ever use them is when those words come out of my mouth as I am trying to press my imaginary brakes through the passenger side floor board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRORIDES View Post
I love money trees too. I planted the seeds around the back of the shop and I water them everyday. I can't wait for them to grow. We didn't go to SEMA this year the first I missed it in 5years. I just have been running so much I just had to take a break,Plus I blew up the shop tow pig up on the way back from the Charlotte Goodguys. So things got a little behind around the shop. C10 won't be driven out with you guys because he lives 10 minutes from the shop. But if you need help driving a can hire a few of the hot chicks from SEMA to help you guys out. Only if that gets you here faster!!!
I know being patient for those damn trees to start growing sucks. Right next to where my money tree is growing is my "I owe you" tree. Basically it is a bare tree that has tons of sticky notes all over it promising my wife that i will pay back our savings after my truck is done. Its a becoming a very big tree That sucks to here you didn't make it to SEMA and sorry to hear about your tow rig. I remember seeing a pic of it and it looked sick! On the other hand busy is good cause busy puts food on your table. I think that the SEMA girls would help alot but i wonder what i could tell my wife...... I got it. They are representives of different automotive sponsers looking to sponser my truck and they are driving me to PA to sign contracts

Josh
Old 11-29-2008, 10:20 PM   #166
PRORIDES

I really don't think my old lady will be to happy when she gets the bill for them either. But hey maybe your wife would be happy here in PA with you working on the return of your savings. You know guys like us are bad at that, the more we make the more we spend on the next project.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:55 AM   #167
smashingchuck
It'd be alot cooler if you did

Very nice build. I wish I had the guts to take on a chassis like that... maybe next time. I didn't see it previously asked, but do you have a drawing/ dimensions for your frame jig?

4Runner Build
smashingchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:36 AM   #168
Blitz
Mr. Thread Killer

Dang! Seriously jealous of your current project AND that badazz Chevelle!! I want one of those so bad but the entry fee to play is following close behind a first gen Camaro.
Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #169
abadsvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingchuck View Post
Very nice build. I wish I had the guts to take on a chassis like that... maybe next time. I didn't see it previously asked, but do you have a drawing/ dimensions for your frame jig?
What dimensions do you need? I have the dimensions for the frame jig but not all the additional parts (for the actually frame building). So if you want the frame jig measurment send me a pm and i will send you those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
Dang! Seriously jealous of your current project AND that badazz Chevelle!! I want one of those so bad but the entry fee to play is following close behind a first gen Camaro.
Yeah i know exactly what you talking about the entry fee. It has not been a cheap road but well worth it. Thanks for the complements on the chevelle. I wish i still had it. I love those first gen Camaro's. I plan on building some down the road. There definately not cheap. Later

Josh
Old 04-09-2009, 03:50 PM   #170
jgh64pkup
Sunburst C10!!!

all i can say is you do some amazing work. subsribed.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #171
72 SHORTBED 7.0

Went over the whole thread man you have some hands on you GOOD WORK..
72 SHORTBED 7.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #172
abadsvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 SHORTBED 7.0 View Post
Went over the whole thread man you have some hands on you GOOD WORK..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgh64pkup View Post
all i can say is you do some amazing work. subsribed.
Thanks for the complement guys! I am itchen to get back on this build but maybe that will help keep me motivated on my other one.

Josh

Last edited by abadsvt; 05-03-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #173
losangelesk5

That's gonna be insane.......I can't wait to see more pics
losangelesk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:28 PM   #174
Panda

I've been scanning through your pics and I have to say, those are some of the best welds I've seen. Nice truck can't wait to see it finished.

Last edited by Panda; 05-27-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Crown and Coke issues
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:03 AM   #175
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

yeah, id love to see some updates, I am doing the same thing building a new frame only with a 4x4 and a Cummins!