The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-01-2016, 06:23 AM   #151
Ken B

Re: Stolen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
This is good news ! Sounds like some idiot thought he could drive around in it and not be caught ? I mean really it's not like there are dozens of them cruising the streets anywhere anymore . And they don't exactly blend in to normal traffic like a Honda/ mazda/Toyota would . Thieves are stupid to begin with and this just proves that true . Hopefully he'll spend a lengthy sentence to reflect on his actions and how it affects good law abiding people .

I used to have a lot of local guys stop by looking for parts or help on their projects but after a few expensive tools came up missing all that came to a screeching halt .my gate stays locked anymore one or two bad apples ruined it for everyone . Now my properties have video and locked gates but even that won't stop them if they really want something .

Good for you that it was found , It could have been found in many pieces or not found at all .
I agree with you 100% Grumpy! I think at the end of the day we need to thank God for stupid people!

Congrats on getting your truck back!
Ken B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:22 AM   #152
custom10nut

I also agree.
I will help anyone who needs it, but we all have to be aware of the Vermin out there, that are doing nothing more than casing out their next target.
custom10nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:02 AM   #153
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom10nut View Post
I also agree.
I will help anyone who needs it, but we all have to be aware of the Vermin out there, that are doing nothing more than casing out their next target.
Same here. Just this morning I stood in line for 15 minutes at the DMV just so I could turn in a motorcycle license plate and bracket I found in the road Saturday.

Vermin in my area use ATV's to case out houses, coming in the wee hours. My neighbor scared one off about a month ago and I scared what I believe to be the "burglar party" off about two weeks ago. If they had been 60 seconds earlier coming or me 60 seconds later getting home, you might have heard it on the news. The break-in rate here has skyrocketed due to the pill heads.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:51 AM   #154
Ochre Ogre

This is great news, congratulations. With the prices for parts going up so high I was sure this was in a thousand pieces by now. I've been taking cruises around some of the sketchier areas keeping my eyes open for your truck since I first heard about this. People probably thought I was casing out their cars/ trucks. I can't wait to hear the details.

1971 C10 Cheyenne 350/350
Ochre Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:08 AM   #155
72junky

To 68 Iron,
Congratulations! We lost our 2000 Tahoe limited this spring to a thief that broke into the house and took it out of the locked garage. Along with the back of it filled with belongings. We convinced the police to do forensics and they did. We had to compile a list of all items stolen and come up with a value. I am explaining this to help you. In South Carolina, the felony charge was a certain amount and we had to prove this the officer was nice enough to give us this "hint" wink, wink. We were thinking for insurance, but, as it turned out the dump a** was caught in the Asheville, NC area with most of our belongings sleeping in a park. He now sits in jail with 1 felony count in NC and 3 more, Burglary 2, felony auto theft, and felony theft, in SC and is awaiting extradition. Long story short, get proper values, any damages, recovery costs, etc... total them up and make sure they exceed the felony limits for your state. The journey is not over!!! This guy could say "Hey, a guy sold it to me." and all he can be charged with is possession!
The idiot who took our Tahoe turned out to be a deadbeat with records in NC, SC, GA, and FL, has done time, and is a total loser. Had it not been for fingerprints taken at the house, to match him to the crime scene, he probably would be out on bond. We are very thankful for our local Sheriff's department for treating the crime professionally, keeping us informed, and working to bring this loser to justice (still awaiting a court date). He hopefully will not be getting out soon. My wife however, is now packing iron all the time, and is cautious of even cars slowing down on the road in front of the house. Life will not be the same. Wishing you all best with closing this chapter of the life of your truck.
'72 K10 custom/10 350/4spd,ps,pb,ac,tilt,tach,3:73 posi,buddy buckets - driver
'72 Cheyenne/10 swb 355/th350,factory black, loaded and lowered - toy
'72 Cheyenne/10 lwb, 350/th350,ps,pb,ac,tilt - current project build
'72 K5 Blazer CST 350/th350,ps,pb,ac,tilt,tach,3:73 posi - project rust bucket -Unfortunately Sold
plus 4 others too ashamed to post
72junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:47 AM   #156
diggerbob

I am glad to hear that you got your truck back. I hope the cops whipped the crook's behind!
diggerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:59 PM   #157
Orange Crate

I am just guessing, but I think 68 Iron could not love his truck any more than he does today (I could be wrong) also I'm guessing that he is happy he didn't have to pay the $10 to change his handle here from 68 Iron!!? I am happy to hear that someone won against the thieves.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:51 PM   #158
mrsmith

Grats on recovering your truck. I hope the bastards did not mess it up. I wish people in this world would just learn to keep their hands to themselves.
mrsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:28 PM   #159
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72junky View Post
To 68 Iron,
Congratulations! We lost our 2000 Tahoe limited this spring to a thief that broke into the house and took it out of the locked garage. Along with the back of it filled with belongings. We convinced the police to do forensics and they did. We had to compile a list of all items stolen and come up with a value. I am explaining this to help you. In South Carolina, the felony charge was a certain amount and we had to prove this the officer was nice enough to give us this "hint" wink, wink. We were thinking for insurance, but, as it turned out the dump a** was caught in the Asheville, NC area with most of our belongings sleeping in a park. He now sits in jail with 1 felony count in NC and 3 more, Burglary 2, felony auto theft, and felony theft, in SC and is awaiting extradition. Long story short, get proper values, any damages, recovery costs, etc... total them up and make sure they exceed the felony limits for your state. The journey is not over!!! This guy could say "Hey, a guy sold it to me." and all he can be charged with is possession!
The idiot who took our Tahoe turned out to be a deadbeat with records in NC, SC, GA, and FL, has done time, and is a total loser. Had it not been for fingerprints taken at the house, to match him to the crime scene, he probably would be out on bond. We are very thankful for our local Sheriff's department for treating the crime professionally, keeping us informed, and working to bring this loser to justice (still awaiting a court date). He hopefully will not be getting out soon. My wife however, is now packing iron all the time, and is cautious of even cars slowing down on the road in front of the house. Life will not be the same. Wishing you all best with closing this chapter of the life of your truck.
Bad guys never make appointments, the only way to be ready is to be ready all the time. I carry a heater everywhere it is legal for me to do so and I also carry at least one reload, pepper spray, and at times, a backup heater. Good training helps, I am a huge fan of Massad Ayoob and his books. This is also good, the "Stop The Threat" videos on youtube. There is a video about coming home and a burglar is inside. (All those videos are re-enactments directly based on the police reports, so they are all true stories).
Old 08-01-2016, 04:37 PM   #160
Woodnears

Glad you got it back. I'm waiting anxiously for your report of what went down.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:17 PM   #161
Ed F

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 IRON View Post
FOUND!!!!! The police no more than 20 minutes ago are securing my truck and taking the lowlife SOB piece of shi* away! OMG.....too happy right now! I dont know where my feelings came from for this truck, but I am just ecstatic to know its coming home! Rusty, not worth much to anyone else looks, but it just made me happy to drive. Thank you all for your support.....it meant so much, really!!! YAAAAA HOOOOOO!!!!!
So did you actually get it back? What condition was it in? Anything missing or messed up? Please share "The Rest Of The Story"
Ed F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:30 PM   #162
dmjlambert

68 IRON, if the local police did not already do it without your prompting, I recommend having them search the truck with a drug dog before giving it back to you. You don't need to be pulled over some time and have "your" stash found. :-)
dmjlambert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:25 PM   #163
samkost

Thumbs up Re: Stolen....

Wonderful to hear 68 Iron.

It's great to see that this forum united together to assist with inforamtion on the trucks wereabouts.

Thanks to everyone.

Stupidity does get these theives caught.

A long story short:

I have great respect for the Kent Police Dept as they helped me catch the theives that stole tools from my locked garden shed.

I saw two separate Craigslist ads a couple of weeks after the robbery.
One for a table saw and one for a commercial power washer.....two different ads but the same reply phone number ....huh???

Responding to their ad, I met up with the culprits to see if it was my stolen saw.
I identified that it was indeed my table saw and passed on the transaction.
I immediately called Kent Police and they responded within five minutes.
Man, those five minutes seemed like an hour.
My original police report with the I.D./ serial numbers of my equipment was all the police needed to read them their rights.
After everything else was said and done, I got the other stolen tools recovered.

It's a great feeling to recover your losses, but elation prevails to see the theives caught.

Congrats 68 Iron on getting your truck back.

Sam
samkost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:50 PM   #164
ohboy321

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post
Good training helps, I am a huge fan of Massad Ayoob and his books.
x2 Attended his LFI class years ago.
ohboy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:41 PM   #165
Oregon 1967 GMC

Wow, I really like the way everyone has rallied around this and it's titled so appropriately "Stolen..." That's all you can say when it happens to you.

From initial post: "OMG.....It was painful to sign in! Yep, my 68 C-10 was stolen yesterday and probably being sold for parts. It was last seen in Federal Way WA at a park and ride....."
And I'm sure the pain to sign on the board will subside.

Last edited by Oregon 1967 GMC; 08-01-2016 at 10:47 PM.
Oregon 1967 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:04 PM   #166
Aruba1

We need a GPS to locate the thread owner to obtain an update :-) and it would go like this: "last available location the driver was seen in the C10 with a big smile from ear to ear driving down the interstate"
Aruba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:11 PM   #167
jjzepplin

Just really glad this fella got his ride back. Pics are a must at this point!
jjzepplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:18 PM   #168
Oregon 1967 GMC

yeah I'd be happy as a mo'for too. I agree zepp just really happy he got it back. Usually not a good ending when your ride is taken.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:54 AM   #169
kwmech

Where's the capture story? inquiring minds............
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:06 AM   #170
68 IRON

Sorry fellas I haven't updated lately with the details of the catch....sooo much to do with the small upgrades for theft protection and just plain maintenance.
I'm at work now, so I'll make it quick for now. My truck was pulled over by the sheriffs for a moving violation in the city of Seatac when they discovered it was stolen. I was told they would search the truck but they didn't.....too many stolen articles found from just opening the door. And to make matters more uneasy for my frame of mind, the people had there own key to use for door locks and ignition....probably a worn key (I replaced the door locks and ignition lock about 3 years ago!). I'll post more picks and apprehensively give my plan for a anti theft device we can all do and modify that really is pretty cool. For now....back to work!
68 IRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:11 AM   #171
70cst

Great Great News ...
Attached Images

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:55 PM   #172
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

So glad you got it back. Nothin worse than a thief!
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:02 PM   #173
Mrturner1

NICE!! The feeling of getting back stolen property is about as good as it gets imo, and a classic truck even more so. Happy for ya
Mrturner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:24 PM   #174
In The Ten Ring

Had their own key..... now that is disconcerting!
Old 08-03-2016, 09:38 PM   #175
cst204x4

Glad you got your truck back. Had this happen to me with my 86 grand national back in 04. Came out of o Lowes and two guys had taken a claw hammer to lock cylinder and we're attempting to get it started after busting steering column.
1970 Cutlass conv
1981 chevy shortbox
1986 grand national
2004 2500HD Crew Cab 66,000 miles
cst204x4 is offline   Reply With Quote