The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #176
SCHRUMGMC

Re: Found me a possible truck 1971 gmc swb

No no, the door's are unlocked I hopped into the cab and sat on the bench and turned on the lights to make sure the lights would work..All work except for the front very right light.The amount of stuff under the bench is out of this world, they do have the original tire changing tools for the truck, and its got the original GM Radio that looks almost brand new..

EDIT You must be a supporting board member to place WTB ads.

Last edited by 72BlckButy; 08-07-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #177
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

The GMC's never had the "split" marker lights as far as I know.

Don't get ahead of yourself. About 90% of the stuff you can do to this truck can be self taught... just by actually getting your hands dirty.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #178
sKnNyPpY

Door locks are very easy and cheap to replace, that's one of the first things I had to do. Round key for doors, rectangle for ignition, that's the GM tradition I think I got mine from RockAuto.com. I've been following this thread for a while and can't wait to see your new 4 eyes on that hauler.
2.5 CPP Spindle, 1" CPP Drop Spring, CPP Front and Rear Sway Bars/DJM Flip, new General Spring KC 5 spring pack, HEI /IntReg Alt
20x8.5 OldSkools 5" BS, 275/45 Falkens
Old 08-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #179
SCHRUMGMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASoline71 View Post
The GMC's never had the "split" marker lights as far as I know.

Well on my pawpaw's GMC it was like that...I think maybe Custom Deluxe ?

Don't get ahead of yourself. About 90% of the stuff you can do to this truck can be self taught... just by actually getting your hands dirty.

Thanks for the motivation Gary
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by sKnNyPpY View Post
Door locks are very easy and cheap to replace, that's one of the first things I had to do. Round key for doors, rectangle for ignition, that's the GM tradition I think I got mine from RockAuto.com. I've been following this thread for a while and can't wait to see your new 4 eyes on that hauler.
I'm beyond excited to get it home and go pay these people..Saturday will be the day "I hope"
Old 08-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #180
primetime

So wait... You still haven't paid for this truck? I don't understand what's going on here. With almost 6000 views on this thread( has to be near a record at least), and days and days of everyone warning you not buy parts until you PAY for the truck and get it home. It's almost like you want the truck to be bought from under you. Honestly, a week of you still advertising it to this board that you still have not bought it and are just excited to own one, I'm tempted to just buy it myself to end this thread. I could use it for parts maybe. Kid you got to except the advice you have been given thus far, 1st stop advertising the fact it is still available. 2nd don't commit to buy parts until you own the truck. 3rd earn the money you need so you can afford to pay this lady. The fact is that she has it on Craigslist so she must need the money for a reason. So you are holding her back too. 4th and Lastly, GO BUY THE TRUCK!!! We can't wait to help you with trouble shooting and get you on the road. Don't burn your bridges. You have started to alienate good resources for learning about these classics already.
Posted via Mobile Device
1977 Chevy nova (first car/ first love)

Last edited by primetime; 08-07-2013 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Bad spelling
Old 08-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #181
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHRUMGMC View Post
No no, the door's are unlocked I hopped into the cab and sat on the bench and turned on the lights to make sure the lights would work..All work except for the front very right light.The amount of stuff under the bench is out of this world, they do have the original tire changing tools for the truck, and its got the original GM Radio that looks almost brand new..

PS.Does anyone have any ....?????
Don't turn this in to a WTB thread.... or it will be locked.

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
Old 08-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #182
CC69Rat

Shrum.. buddy, relax. Get it home and then setup a build thread. I wouldn't post anything else to this thread. Prove to everyone you're serious not with words but with the build thread. We all know you're excited about it ..just as we were too (when we all bought ours) I / we know you're trying everything you can think of to come up with the money. Jobs are tough to get now-a-days. Bottom line you have to have transportation to get to/from your job to make the $ to buy the truck.

I'm not trying to start / continue to put you on your heels about it. Just take a step back and think had I posted this very truck.. would you want to buy it? You have to be smart buddy.. nows the time. Just take a step back. Get everything together, buy it.. then the details and questions will be accepted and we will help you.

We know you're excited .. just hang in there. It will all work out. If advise means anything to you, .. just my opinion.. I'd just let this go silent. .. then come out GUNNIN with an awesome build you can be proud of and respected for. You don't have to defend anything man. These guys are just showing you 'Tough Love' and help you learn.. keep defending and they will keep you on your heels.

Strength is sometimes shown with silence. One of the many things my Pop taught me.
Posted via Mobile Device

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
Old 08-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #183
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC69Rat View Post
Shrum.. buddy, relax. Get it home and then setup a build thread. I wouldn't post anything else to this thread. Prove to everyone you're serious not with words but with the build thread. We all know you're excited about it ..just as we were too (when we all bought ours) I / we know you're trying everything you can think of to come up with the money. Jobs are tough to get now-a-days. Bottom line you have to have transportation to get to/from your job to make the $ to buy the truck.

I'm not trying to start / continue to put you on your heels about it. Just take a step back and think had I posted this very truck.. would you want to buy it? You have to be smart buddy.. nows the time. Just take a step back. Get everything together, buy it.. then the details and questions will be accepted and we will help you.

We know you're excited .. just hang in there. It will all work out. If advise means anything to you, .. just my opinion.. I'd just let this go silent. .. then come out GUNNIN with an awesome build you can be proud of and respected for. You don't have to defend anything man. These guys are just showing you 'Tough Love' and help you learn.. keep defending and they will keep you on your heels.

Strength is sometimes shown with silence. One of the many things my Pop taught me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Excellent advice, Schrumplease listen. I for one want to see a build thread

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 08-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #184
SCHRUMGMC

Well Primetime didn't read some posts really well

Thanks for the advice, and will do

No one can snatch the truck away especially when I put a deposit down on it.I am not buying anything til I have it home.I am planning out what I'd like to do with this truck and bring it back to its formal Glory..

No one post anymore please...Next important post will it being brought home and unhauled

Then I will start a Build thread,

Thanks everyone
Old 08-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #185
DrewMcD
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime View Post
So wait... You still haven't paid for this truck? I don't understand what's going on here. With almost 6000 views on this thread( has to be near a record at least), and days and days of everyone warning you not buy parts until you PAY for the truck and get it home. It's almost like you want the truck to be bought from under you. Honestly, a week of you still advertising it to this board that you still have not bought it and are just excited to own one, I'm tempted to just buy it myself to end this thread. I could use it for parts maybe. Kid you got to except the advice you have been given thus far, 1st stop advertising the fact it is still available. 2nd don't commit to buy parts until you own the truck. 3rd earn the money you need so you can afford to pay this lady. The fact is that she has it on Craigslist so she must need the money for a reason. So you are holding her back too. 4th and Lastly, GO BUY THE TRUCK!!! We can't wait to help you with trouble shooting and get you on the road. Don't burn your bridges. You have started to alienate good resources for learning about these classics already.
Posted via Mobile Device
He made this exact same post a few months back over in the 47-59 board which ended up getting deleted. Only that time it was for a 59 GMC. Went on for weeks and he was given and ignored some great advice just like in this thread. Most were to get a job, or sell his video games. Neither of these obviously happened. All I can do this time around is chuckle as folks are jumping on his bandwagon again, and offering to send free parts and even cash to a kid who may like old trucks but is unwilling to put the work in. Not setting the best example for the boy imho.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #186
SCHRUMGMC

Drew get out of here.Sweet jesus your a Grown man starting drama with a almost 20 year old...Grow up man, all you ever do on my threads is start Drama

I am having the person coming to buy my Cougar,saturday morning and he is coming from SC to get it and then I am going to buy the truck right after...Do I need to say it anymore for ya bud...I ended up not getting the '59 because it would of been too much work and money and I found something better I'd like to work on and be more interested in working due to seeing people having more fun with these trucks then the older ones.I don't have to prove crap for anyone especially when I know what I want.You can go ahead and say what you want but bud your barking up the wrong tree because it doesn't phase me a bit...just annoys me

Please no more posts til I bring it home
Thanks

Last edited by SCHRUMGMC; 08-07-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #187
DrewMcD
Account Suspended

Quote:
Drew get out of here.Sweet jesus your a Grown man starting drama with a almost 20 year old...Grow up man, all you ever do on my threads is start Drama

I am having the person coming to buy my Cougar,saturday morning and then I am going to buy the truck right after...Do I need to say it anymore for ya bud...I ended up not getting the '59 because it would of been too much work and money and I found something better I'd like to work on
Do you read your own posts? You do a fine job of bringing all the drama this place needs all on your own. And don't start with the threats and personal attacks again. Bottom line you have no idea how old I am because I don't feel the need to post my personal info on internet forum for approval, or is it empathy of others? I was only trying to give fair warning to the other valued members of this community of your MO, so some poor guy doesn't send you his money that he actually worked for so you don't have to.

Almost 3,000 posts, and still no truck? It's going to be great if/when you actually get a truck and you grace this board with gems of threads like, "What size bolts to remove the cowl?" and "Went outside this morning and tire was 5 psi low, Wut do? " I'm not going anywhere. This forum has served me well for years, through 4 different trucks. Maybe you should "Go Away".
Old 08-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #188
SCHRUMGMC

Im talking about get off this thread..I'm done arguing with ya..
I dont want peoples money alright...Leave me alone...
Old 08-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #189
DrewMcD
Account Suspended

Quote:
Im talking about get off this thread..I'm done arguing with ya..
I dont want peoples money alright...Leave me alone...
You'll sure take their parts though huh .
Old 08-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #190
SCHRUMGMC

People are offering to help me, I'm just a kid who loves old trucks and wants to keep the Tradition going..Now please Leave me alone for the 2nd time

Will update once I get the truck...Thanks for the support people !!!
Old 08-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #191
DrewMcD
Account Suspended

Quote:
People are offering to help me, I'm just a kid who loves old trucks and wants to keep the Tradition going..Now please Leave me alone for the 2nd time

Will update once I get the truck...Thanks for the support people !!!
So that wasn't you asking for marker lights just today, in this very thread, on this very page? Ok. Keep posting, and bumping this thread so one of two things gets accomplished, someone with some sense sees the ad and gets over there to save that truck,and or people think twice before sending you parts or money for a truck you dont own and are unwilling to work for. Youth is not an excuse for ignorance.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #192
SCHRUMGMC

Yes it was, I had forgotten I needed to go to the other Threads to ask, or sign up for a higher Account I am going to get the truck..Leave me alone for the 3rd Time
Old 08-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #193
Bow Commander

I'm no Mod but this thread has run its course and should be locked. Step away from the keyboard (as I type this )
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #194
SCHRUMGMC

Or just delete all of the Drama..I'd like this thread kept open
Old 08-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #195
leftybass209

Will a moderator lock this thread before it really gets out of hand, please? There's no need to blame any one person, it is just overboard already.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #196
big mike71

Both of you guys need to stop. It's like c-10 simplex is back.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #197
SCHRUMGMC

Well I tried..I should have though...immaturity

To the admins...Delete all of the Drama and etc..I will update once I get the truck
Old 08-08-2013, 12:13 AM   #198
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

enough with the crap.. I am NOT wasting time cleaning up stuff, and not locking this until I get answers to some questions I have on the thread itself. However, it seems to be infractions all around. I fully understand frustration, believe me I am feeling a bunch of it this very minute.. I do NOT understand what the heck ya'll are thinking in this thread.. report the posts that bug you and step away from the dang keyboard. Pissing matches, trolling and generalized assiness are not gonna fly.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #199
mgkgmc

Just start a new thread when you acquire the truck. We will help you with any questions you need while your project comes along.
1989 Swb Silverado
1972 Aj's Stormer
Old 08-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #200
JointTech

subbed. grabbing popcorn and mountain dew for the show.
Closed Thread