The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #201
daverod
SSN 706

Re: Kizer and his 65 here

For me it's that way with money. Lots of time and no money or lots of money and no time. Good thing body work don't cost much.
daverod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #202
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverod View Post
For me it's that way with money. Lots of time and no money or lots of money and no time. Good thing body work don't cost much.
Band-aids do. I sware I've cut every damn knuckle since I've had this thing taking it apart. My wife got smart and told me to start wearing gloves. I guess she figured out that I wasn't going to smart up and do it myself.

However I have come to the conclusion that I'm going to have no garage left once I start taking everything off. Seat, tank, cab, engine/transmission. Holly crap the only place to really store it is on the truck. Duhhhhhhhhh

Last edited by kizer; 03-17-2010 at 06:00 PM.
kizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:07 PM   #203
daverod
SSN 706

Do yourself a favor and take two pictures of everything you take apart. Put the parts in boxes or bags and write what they are. Or you could just go buy another truck and use it to put the first one back together. Just looked at you photos looks like your already doing that. Really your not going to use any of that stuff anyway. Stud welders work good HF has them for cheap,that and a slide hammer go a long way.

Last edited by daverod; 03-17-2010 at 06:13 PM.
daverod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:35 PM   #204
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

Yeah I've been tagging everything with bags and a perm marker. Some of the stuff is pure junk and some of it is worth fixing. I've taken lots of photos along the way and I'd almost call myself a picture freak.

For instance the wiring harnesses are well old as heck and probably could use a rebuild or simply an upgrade. I knew this would be a forever project and as I take things apart I would take my time tagging and bagging with lots of photos because I'd more than likely forget or give up. However I do have one thing going for me. This is what I've wanted for the last 20years so I do have a little motivation other than I just picked one up as a spur of the moment purchase.