The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #126
wagonslayer

Re: how about some pics of 60-66 long beds

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW DOUGH View Post
My buddy's 66.
Looks good, how is it dropped ? and how much ?
wagonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #127
66redw/white
made in america

are those vette wheels on the red long bed couple posts back?

1964 c10-283 powerpack, 3 on the tree

2004 corvette- lowered, borla, tuned. slow

my old girl
1966 c10- 305v8, t-5 sold
66redw/white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #128
JPBrecheisen

1965 GMC Long Step
Attached Images

JPBrecheisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #129
joeydirt

my 66 c20
Attached Images

joeydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #130
Tramp1964

New here.
Been working on restoring a 64' that was bought new by my grandparents, and is the same truck I got my license in back in 69' It had always been used on the farm by my uncle, and all of my brothers and myself learned how to drive with it. After it had been sitting on the farm for 23 years, I finally brought it home and decided I was going to do something with it. Never did I realize how expensive or difficult it would be. Just one month shy of 6 years, and nearly $13,000 in parts alone, I've gotten it nearly finished. They are never really finished as most of you know.
In 99' I had a bad crash with a scooter that nearly put me down, and this has been my "therapy". Made me get out of bed and out the door to get something done besides laying around and watching the wind blow and the grass grow. I've had a lot of help, and met some really great folks along the way.
I'd rather be driving this old truck, than owning a new one. Seems it has more character and soul than anything else. I like to think my grandparents are looking down as I drive it and smiling. Have made several trips to OKC(600 miles round trip) to show it to my uncle as it's been coming along, and recently he told me it looked better than when they brought it home new. I'm still grinning from that. Still have some small things to finish on it this winter, and hopefully by spring, I can actually say "DONE".
Seems there are some great ideas to be had from this site, and the changes I want to make to it yet may just get done a little bit easier with the help.
Now if I can just stay off the Web and quit looking for "orphans", my therapist may let me have some time off and a day pass out of here.
Tramp
Remember to keep your chin up. Makes a better target.
Attached Images

Tramp1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #131
ole dollor

here is one that my son has....three fingers is it's name...
Attached Images

ole dollor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #132
FetchMeAPepsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramp1964 View Post
New here.
Been working on restoring a 64' that was bought new by my grandparents, and is the same truck I got my license in back in 69' It had always been used on the farm by my uncle, and all of my brothers and myself learned how to drive with it. After it had been sitting on the farm for 23 years, I finally brought it home and decided I was going to do something with it. Never did I realize how expensive or difficult it would be. Just one month shy of 6 years, and nearly $13,000 in parts alone, I've gotten it nearly finished. They are never really finished as most of you know.
In 99' I had a bad crash with a scooter that nearly put me down, and this has been my "therapy". Made me get out of bed and out the door to get something done besides laying around and watching the wind blow and the grass grow. I've had a lot of help, and met some really great folks along the way.
I'd rather be driving this old truck, than owning a new one. Seems it has more character and soul than anything else. I like to think my grandparents are looking down as I drive it and smiling. Have made several trips to OKC(600 miles round trip) to show it to my uncle as it's been coming along, and recently he told me it looked better than when they brought it home new. I'm still grinning from that. Still have some small things to finish on it this winter, and hopefully by spring, I can actually say "DONE".
Seems there are some great ideas to be had from this site, and the changes I want to make to it yet may just get done a little bit easier with the help.
Now if I can just stay off the Web and quit looking for "orphans", my therapist may let me have some time off and a day pass out of here.
Tramp
Another long-stepper! Great looking truck. You might check the OKC boards and see if there's anything going on before the next trip. You could drive to Pops with the group or something and meet some of the OKC crowd.
See My Build - Cecilia!
Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
FetchMeAPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #133
Tramp1964

I know of Pops. I like to get off the big road on the way to my Mom's when I go down that way, and run 66 Hiway over to Luther, then south to Harrah when I go. Looks like you've got a first rate crew working with you. As I said, there is always something that a person wants to do different to these old trucks. I have another in the barn that is going to be donating a front crossmember for disc brakes and power streering sometime this winter. And then it'll be getting warmer and time to think about A/C. They tell me with the proper medications and professional therapy I should eventually get over wanting to keep working on these old trucks. Doc sure has work cut out for him.
Tramp
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2012, 01:24 AM   #134
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Welcome to the forum

You've done a nice job of rebuilding your truck. I really like these truck builds that have been in the family since new. Which part of the original cab did you keep? The roof and back, or the floor and firewall?

Quote:
New here.
Tramp
Quote:
I know of Pops. I like to get off the big road on the way to my Mom's when I go down that way, and run 66 Hiway over to Luther, then south to Harrah when I go. Looks like you've got a first rate crew working with you. As I said, there is always something that a person wants to do different to these old trucks. I have another in the barn that is going to be donating a front crossmember for disc brakes and power streering sometime this winter. And then it'll be getting warmer and time to think about A/C. They tell me with the proper medications and professional therapy I should eventually get over wanting to keep working on these old trucks. Doc sure has work cut out for him.
Tramp
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #135
Tramp1964

I appreciate the shout out. I've tried as much as possible to keep the truck original. It's still running the original 230 with the 3 on the tree, and the cab had such bad rust along the top of the windshield, I didn't have any choice but to find a donor truck for that. Good thing was...I found a donor less than 3 miles from here, and the owner gave it to me just to get it out of his field. One of my neighbors brought his tractor over, and we brought it home using the front end loader with me sitting in the cab steering it along as it didn't have a rear end under it. It still had the driveline in it, and after tying it up out of the way, off we go. The knucklehead running the tractor didn't hear me when I said to go "really slow", and about made me go deaf when the driveshaft was beating the heck out of the floor right under where I was sitting on a metal bucket. What we did was cut the windshield post with a Sawzall, drill out the spot welds along the bottom of the back of the cab, and then just lay on the donor top and back wall. When the glass guy came by to see how things were going, he never noticed it had been cut. Of course, the guy that was helping me with this had been doing body work for over 40 years. Lester "Whiskers" Carter. He has forgotten more about body work than I'll ever know. We even put in about 40 hours of work on the donor trucks bed(fleetside)getting it ready for my truck, when I decided I had to go back with the stepside. The stepside bed is from a 62' I had at the farm, and I used it as it was with the exception of replacing the front header panel and bed strips, as well as the drivers side rear fender. That fender was donated by another crazy truck nut I met at a car show in Valley Center Kansas named Ben Kieth.He's got a great looking truck that has a story that'll top mine all to pieces. I got lucky installing the bed, as there is just a bit of difference between how a 62' and a 64' mount to the frame, and it came out really clean without having to use any of the countersunk bed bolts. Makes for a really clean and smooth install. The boards for the bed actually started out as a tree from a farm about 6 miles from the house where I go to cut firewood. A friend nearby has a small sawmill and cut the boards for me from that trip, and another friend does cabinet work in the winters when he can't be farming. I ran some stain over them after they sat in the barn for a couple of years to dry out, and then sealed them with some marine quality polyurethane. I guess you could say I'm cheap.
All in all, I'm happy with the way it's coming along. Sure, it has some dingers still in it, and it's going to take some time to finish rubbing out the paint as that was done in the garage here at the house. Any time I go out in it, I always get someone that wants to look or talk with me about it. It has a lot of family history with it, and I don't see myself ever putting it up for sale. I've got plans on driving it to Georgia sometime in Feb. to go see my brother, and he's on me for not taking my Saturn wagon with it's great fuel mileage. What I can't get him to understand, is a trip like that, with this truck, is more an adventure than just getting from here to there. What's the worst that can happen? If anything goes wrong, I'll just have to fix it on the way. Really, it's not like I haven't had my hands on nearly every nut and bolt on this truck already.
Again, thanks for the shout out. I've got an 81' shortbed stepside out in the barn that is going to be donating it's disc brakes and power steering sometime soon. And there's a tilt wheel, and the A/C,and the list goes on and on. You know how it is. Gotta go, going to be late for my therapy session.
Tramp
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #136
MacsGTO

Here's mine. Haven't had her long.

MacsGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #137
Tramp1964

That could be what you may call a "BLUESMOBILE".
Old 12-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #138
nachodog2
Hell yeah!!!

Here's my longbed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #139
62 Longbed

Here is my longbed ....
Attached Images

62 Longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #140
ChuckW

Drove her last weekend. Wheels/tires next. Then trim.
Attached Images

ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #141
steve'62

Posted via Mobile Device
Here's some pics of my 65 long
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

steve'62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #142
steve'62

Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #143
Tramp1964

Really clean and straight. Black wouldn't work for me as I live on 3 miles of Kansas dirt roads. I know Goodyear is big, but have a nephew living there. I'll tell him to keep an eye out for your ride.
Tramp
Old 12-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #144
Tramp1964

Red truck=Green truck? Hard to imagine.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #145
Tramp1964

At $500, you didn'[t buy it. You stole it.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #146
steve'62

Thanks tramp, he lives in Goodyear or the Phoenix area?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #147
ChuckW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoast32 View Post
I like very vey much! Very clean and nice height!! Good look'in ride!
ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #148
Tramp1964

Goodyear area. Some kind of position with one of the convenience stores in that area. Must be good for him as he relocated there from Kansas and they picked up the bill for the move. Says he rides his bike nearly every day of the year. I could handle that, especially this time of the year. I'ts been so cold around here lately, I saw a lawyer walking along with his hands in his own pockets.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #149
steve'62

Lol, nice, yeah been beautiful here, all you need is a sweatshirt!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #150
60-66

Heres a couple more stock ones. Jon

60-66 is offline   Reply With Quote