The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #1
6768chevylover

soft blazer suspension

I'm looking for how to soften a ride on a 71" blazer 4x4 with out adding any lift to it? willing to fabricate...
6768chevylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:17 PM   #2
cleszkie

Re: soft blazer suspension

4-link front and rear with coil over shocks. Seriously though, I've had great results with my Superlift "Softride" front and rear leaf springs combined with Bilstein 5100 series gas charged shocks. I run 2" lift springs, but I think they may offer stock height springs as well. You may also look into ordering a set of Alcan or Deaver springs, which use spring packs consisting of a higher number of thin leaves to achieve load capacity with a soft ride. I typically don't recommend removing leaves from stiff spring packs to soften them up, but you could try that as well if you have some thick overload springs.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #3
praisegeetarman

I am very please with the ride on my 71. I installed add a leafs. It did raise the height 2", but the ride is much better than stock. Also, it's fairly inexpensive.

Keith

Keith Riel
praisegeetarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:50 PM   #4
JohnJ@RideTech

Just changing out the shocks to something with a little rebound control would help you out a lot. Being able to make those adjustments allows you to fine tune the ride quality to fit YOUR needs instead of just pulling something out of the box and hoping its soft enough for you. Its also probably one of the most cost effective ways to enhance your ride quality as well.
On a side note, there are a few other variables that can affect overall ride quality. Everything from the types of tires and tire pressure that you run to the seats you plant your butt on.
If you have any further questions about shocks, be sure and let me know. Ill be more than happy to help you out if I can.
Office: 812-482-2932
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Instagram: @ridetech_john
JohnJ@RideTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:04 AM   #5
87Skier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ@RideTech View Post
Just changing out the shocks to something with a little rebound control would help you out a lot. Being able to make those adjustments allows you to fine tune the ride quality to fit YOUR needs instead of just pulling something out of the box and hoping its soft enough for you. Its also probably one of the most cost effective ways to enhance your ride quality as well.
On a side note, there are a few other variables that can affect overall ride quality. Everything from the types of tires and tire pressure that you run to the seats you plant your butt on.
If you have any further questions about shocks, be sure and let me know. Ill be more than happy to help you out if I can.
What kind of shocks do you recommend? Any that you've had luck with?
87Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:58 AM   #6
JohnJ@RideTech

Sorry I missed your call yesterday. Chase said he talked to you for a bit. Give a shout if you have any other questions or feel free to shoot me a DM on here if you would like.
Office: 812-482-2932
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Instagram: @ridetech_john
JohnJ@RideTech is offline   Reply With Quote