The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-22-2016, 12:57 PM   #26
LeesTruk

Re: HOW TO: Upgrade 7” Sealed Beam Headlights to 2007-15 Jeep Wrangler Headlights

While not entirely true, Mr. Enaberif, I do appreciate your scholarly advice and witticism. I have found that, looking at the plug side of the h13 bulb, the three horizontal pins, from right to left, are hi/ground/lo, and the sealed beam lugs are, from right to left, hi/lo/ground. I can see the wiring/plug in my truck, and I do have the Wrangler lights and can see the plug end of the bulb. I don't have (yet) the Dorman pigtails to actually see the wires and their color routing, so that's why I was asking Mr. Burger about his connections. So if there's nothing weird with the pigtail structure, I'm thinking I can just re-pin it to match the truck wiring colors

Sometimes it's good to talk to someone who's been there/done that, and knows the pitfalls. BTW, for the better part of 40 years, I've been an ASE Master and also GM/Toyota certified. I'm now 69 and retired, so give me a little credit, Okay?
Old 03-22-2016, 01:10 PM   #27
enaberif

Re: HOW TO: Upgrade 7” Sealed Beam Headlights to 2007-15 Jeep Wrangler Headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeesTruk View Post
While not entirely true, Mr. Enaberif, I do appreciate your scholarly advice and witticism. I have found that, looking at the plug side of the h13 bulb, the three horizontal pins, from right to left, are hi/ground/lo, and the sealed beam lugs are, from right to left, hi/lo/ground. I can see the wiring/plug in my truck, and I do have the Wrangler lights and can see the plug end of the bulb. I don't have (yet) the Dorman pigtails to actually see the wires and their color routing, so that's why I was asking Mr. Burger about his connections. So if there's nothing weird with the pigtail structure, I'm thinking I can just re-pin it to match the truck wiring colors

Sometimes it's good to talk to someone who's been there/done that, and knows the pitfalls. BTW, for the better part of 40 years, I've been an ASE Master and also GM/Toyota certified. I'm now 69 and retired, so give me a little credit, Okay?
My point was that by a little trial and error it would be quite simple to figure out the pigtail on our trucks at the headlights so when creating a new a harness it would take just a few seconds to ensure wiring is correct.

If you don't feel comfortable with wiring then buy a premade harness.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:27 AM   #28
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasmn1620 View Post
if you guys want to go crazy with it get the JW speaker led headlights. They are expensive but they are the manufacture of the daymaker headlights for Harley. They are really really bright.
This guy knows what he is talking about.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:28 AM   #29
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Bright != Light Output

LEDs have a horrible drop off point compared to traditional lights.
Mr. Silverstar is stuck in the past.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:32 AM   #30
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasmn1620 View Post
I guess that's your opinion. What LEDs have is a definable light pattern. You can focus the light where you want it/need it to go instead of just having light in all directions. I prefer LEDs over traditional lights.
Yep. Hard to argue with this. A picture is worth a thousand words. My JW EVO 2 are the best IMO. Plus direct plug and play. No relays no wiring.
Attached Images