The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-17-2014, 01:51 PM   #451
cortcomp

Re: '66 Longbed 327 w/AC project

Thank you, the cab is pretty noise free except that i have to leave a window cracked because the door fizzies keep it from rolling up all the way. It's on the winter list. Also, no reason not to use a clutch fan even with AC, the direct drive fan is a little noiser at highway speeds. It is still pushing a brick through the air at 75mph, it doesn't like it that's for sure, once you get over 70, you really are working it, even with OD. So you can still hear some of that. But, worlds better than it was before.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=550931
cortcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:03 AM   #452
Eric15chevys

Wow I was looking for roof repair threads and found yours. What a beautiful truck!
from 1960 to 2000
Eric15chevys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:53 PM   #453
cortcomp

Thanks!

Old 01-09-2017, 03:23 AM   #454
RGarcia

Wow ! I've been looking for this truck for awhile. I can't believe I found it here. I owned this truck several years ago in Reedley,Ca 30 miles southeast of Fresno. I sold it to a gentleman from Selma , Ca then I heard he passed away and his son inherited it. I had seen it around Selma then it disappeared. Well this explains it.i really regretted selling it. It was a highly optioned truck 327, p/s, p/b , a/c , factory spotlight. I'm glad it went to a good home. Enjoy it.
RGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:14 PM   #455
cortcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGarcia View Post
Wow ! I've been looking for this truck for awhile. I can't believe I found it here. I owned this truck several years ago in Reedley,Ca 30 miles southeast of Fresno. I sold it to a gentleman from Selma , Ca then I heard he passed away and his son inherited it. I had seen it around Selma then it disappeared. Well this explains it.i really regretted selling it. It was a highly optioned truck 327, p/s, p/b , a/c , factory spotlight. I'm glad it went to a good home. Enjoy it.
Wow, what a small world! I do recall Selma being on the title. We picked it up at some body shop that seems to do mainly old mustangs. They claimed they had been driving it around but the battery was dead, it looked like it hadn't moved in a few months, and they didn't know there were saddle tanks or the ign kill toggle switch. It looks like it had a repaint at some not-too distant past. A lot of the brighter red was soft and peeling, and the silver parts (Grill, bumpers) looked rattle canned. So, i'm thinking someone bondod some dents, shot it quickly and flipped it.

I'm curious about some of the history. Did it have ladder racks at some time? There were holes in the side of the bed. Do you know who/when the engine was rebuilt? Some of the bores were slightly crooked during the boring process, 3 cam lobes were worn down. Still got us home like a champ though! There was a TON of metal tying that step bumper/hitch setup into the frame.

Did you put on or know the origin of the saddle tanks? It looks like that company went out of business in the 70's. It's a neat setup to have, especially after adding the sending units, and not needing to cut the bedsides.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:17 PM   #456
cortcomp

I hope you feel i did her up right, she won the "Hot Hauler" award at goodguys PPG nats in columbus, oh last year (2016).
Attached Images