The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-15-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
Gumby

E Cigs what brand or style do you like?

E Cigs what brand or style do you like?

just wonder if any smokes here have gone to the E cigs and which ones you like? Does it really give you all you need? DO you still crave the traditional cancer sticks?
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:06 PM   #2
cdowns

Re: E Cigs what brand or style do you like?

I tried a few with bad or no results finally went with Chantix expensive for a months supply at $200 but it was the best money I ever spent and saved me thousands in return I've been smokeless goin on 3years after smoking for over 40years what a darn waste that was
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #3
Gumby

Was there any type you could smoke and get what you need? [ not focused on quitting, just an alternative right now]
Old 09-16-2014, 09:13 PM   #4
Kenfuzed

Find a quality vape shop that has been around more than a month. A good shop will advise you on the best methods and brands, along with how to slowly get away from nicotine altogether. Generally the store bought stuff is junk.

I'm not advocating this, but there is an entire culture behind vaping with people creating their own mixtures (I'm sure they have an actual name for it). Those I know who do use them swear by them and I don't mind hanging around them since there is no actual smoke or stink.

Best of luck with your search. I've been cig-free for over 10 years but wish this had been around back when I was quitting.

Ken's 1966 C10 build "Red Ale"
Follow on Instgram: @cv_performance
https://instagram.com/cv_performance
Harley Performance Parts: CV Performance (Harley related)
Enjoying the ride!
Kenfuzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:46 PM   #5
kowboy63

I've tried Blue & they seem to satisfy for a little while, I usually go all day at work without a cig. I smoke 1 or 2 before work then go without during the day (9-10, sometimes 12 hours) but as soon as I get home I go right to the back porch & grab my Marlboro lights or gold as they are now called. I work in a office environment & my co-workers don't even know I smoke, you'd think it would be easy to quit but it's just as hard quitting as someone that smokes all day.
kowboy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:07 PM   #6
Gumby

Trying to pacify the GF, smoke never bothered me before, I grew up with parents smoked cigs [& other things] like a chimney with all the windows up tight & no seat belts. All my friends smoked but a some point during the crazy oil ya know when it was $180 a barrel and gas was almost $4 gal [funny how now, it only has to get 0.10 cents over $100 a barrel and we get near $4, hmmm ] I decided that spending $40 a week to just hang out wasn’t worth it.
Fast Forward I spent several years not in a cloud of smoke. So now sometimes just a wisp of the GF cig smoke up my nose will set my sinuses off.

All of them seem to cost about $30-$40 to start but yet again, not trying to waste money.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:18 PM   #7
Gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowboy63 View Post
I work in a office environment & my co-workers don't even know I smoke,
OT onthat

Last good job I had [good as in lots of money to do what I did all day anyways] when the company hid a road block, it was funny how everyone who got let go didn't take smoke breaks every hr to chat up those above. course anyone could go out there, but I didn't have a need to as often n rather get my work done. [Was a salery job so you got paid the same even if you took 50 breaks a day, just get your work done.]
Old 09-17-2014, 09:17 PM   #8
kowboy63

When the e-cigs first came out you could see folks sitting at their desk working & puffing away, I never did, I just stuck to my routine of not smoking at work. Finally the company had enough complaints about the inside e-cig smokers that they banned them from inside, now you go by the smoke area and you see more folks now than ever, most are puffing the e-cigs though. I personally don't have a problem with someone puffing the e-cigs inside, I guess it could be harmful, who knows?
kowboy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:23 PM   #9
Gumby

I don't get that, the e-cigs are just "nicotine" none of the bad stuff. Its the tars, papers n corks that are bad to smoke or create 2nd hand smoke. any smoke you see is fake just to make it look "normal".
Old 09-18-2014, 11:08 PM   #10
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

3 months of vaping, no cigs at all. Vape amount depends on day. Yesterday just a time or two, today none at all. Started at 24 mg nicotine, and simply stepped it down (6mg currently and cutting that with 0mg flavors). IT SUCKS.. it is NOTHING like smoking.. just saying. But more of a reason to quit. E go twist batteries and non dollar store flavors
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 03:04 PM   #11
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

A friend gave me one of these on a camping trip a little over a year and a half ago and I haven't had a cigarette since. I smoked regular Marlboro's before that. I guess the key is finding a flavor that agrees with you, a vape shop will usually let you try different flavors.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 12:31 AM   #12
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

probably jinxing myself.. The night I posted this was the last time I picked mine up too. I have to say, if you want to put down the smokes, it is worth the try.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:57 PM   #13
72c20customcamper

I quit 42 years ago . Cold Turkey said to myself why am I doing this at 50 cents a pack.
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote