The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-21-2019, 04:56 PM   #1
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

fastenal shipping

Just a heads up to the guys using Fastenal for shipping. I got this email from them today in regards to shipping out to CA & western NV

We have received your request for a quote. Unfortunately, Fastenal's truck lanes into California and all stores serviced by their distribution center are currently at 100% capacity; per traffic department restrictions, we are unable to ship any LTL orders into California or Western Nevada until further notice due to lack of truck space. Because of this, we cannot quote this shipment. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:46 PM   #2
68bowtie

Re: fastenal shipping

Ruh roh

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:58 PM   #3
kwmech

Every time I've gotten a quote from them they were more expensive that anybody else
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:08 PM   #4
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

I have had good luck with them. This is the only hiccup so far. I also noticed that hte max payout for shipping damage is $250 now
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:31 PM   #5
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
Every time I've gotten a quote from them they were more expensive that anybody else
Same here.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:18 PM   #6
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
They were quite a bit cheaper when they first started providing the service. I had a 200 pound NV4500 transmission, steel Lakewood scatter shield and a couple of other pieces shipped from out east to Iowa for $150.

I suppose once they got the customer base built up they started raising their prices. It's the American way, after all.....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:01 PM   #7
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

Just last month I had a seller use Fastinal to ship me 5 wheels and tires from Henderson, NV to DePere, WI. He ratchet strapped them to a pallet and for $200 they were delivered.
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:44 AM   #8
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
I have had good luck with them. This is the only hiccup so far. I also noticed that hte max payout for shipping damage is $250 now
That would be a big hiccup for me.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:42 AM   #9
Easttennceeten

Having been in the trucking & shipping industry for 20 years now, I can tell you all that freight shipping is not what it was just a couple of years ago. With all of the laws that the federal government has put in place over the past five years, trucking companies have been forced to tighten everything up and make the most of every load they carry and rates reflect that. You can still get decent rates on shipments going to certain areas of the country if it is an area that there is a lot of freight moving back out of. For instance, right now several of the LTL carriers like Fastenal, Averitt, & Old Dominion are really looking for shipments going to the upper Mid-West because they have a lot of freight coming back out of there. So you can get discounted rates for that area. At the same time, you're going to pay out the nose for anything shipping to New England, Florida, and the Northwest because there is not as much freight moving back out of there so the freight carriers jack their rates up to maximize the profit they can make up front since there's no guarantee they will have freight to pull back from there. It all depends on the freight lane you are shipping to.

'69 C10 lwb stepside
Easttennceeten is offline   Reply With Quote