The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-04-2018, 01:58 PM   #1
72chevynut

Technical help needed on 1984 bucket seat tracks

Hello, I recently purchased a 1984 K30 factory bucket seat truck, bad thing is the bucket seats had been removed and replaced with a bench seat long before I got it. I'm wanting to restore the truck back to the original SPID. So far I have acquired a set of 85 K5 buckets, the correct truck stationary passenger side floor brackets and year correct console. I have not been able to find the correct driver side slider floor brackets so I've been considering modifying the bench seat tracks instead. The technical help I need is the measured height between top of seat tracks and bottom of bucket seat frame, front and rear. I will need to fabricate these two brackets(2) in order to use the bench seat sliders. If someone has a factory set available to measure or a technical design drawing for factory originals, that would be great and much appreciated. Thanks!

Here are some pictures of what I've got so far.
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2018, 08:55 AM   #2
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: Technical help needed on 1984 bucket seat tracks

That is what I have seen most folks do, use the bench seat brackets and make the stand/mount for the inner track.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:59 PM   #3
72chevynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
That is what I have seen most folks do, use the bench seat brackets and make the stand/mount for the inner track.
Right, I can see why. Hard to find original ones, not many produced. I would like to get a good measurement of the original setup before making the brackets. Thank you for the reply.
Old 12-14-2018, 03:08 PM   #4
bigblock73
yeller

Maybe this will help

http://73-87.com/7387garage/interior...ry_buckets.htm
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:27 PM   #5
72chevynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock73 View Post
Thank you Jeff for the response and link. I had read that article before, unfortunately it doesn't cover the info I need. Since the time I started this thread, I have purchased a set of 86 suburban bucket seat floor brackets. They look similar and have the upper pieces I need to bolt to seat, of course the rear end of brackets need to be bent upward for the standard cab floor. Weird thing is the suburban brackets will bolt to bottom of seat but tracks are wider spaced between themselves than the standard cab floor mounting holes. I guess the blazer bucket seats have different mounting holes or the standard cab buckets seat floor brackets are unique to themselves and mount narrower. I haven't had time yet to try but I should be able to figure something out to make the two sets together, work.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:22 AM   #6
bhc41051

https://www.ebay.com/itm/73-87-Chevy...xUl:rk:14:pf:0

Theses are on eBay not mine.
bhc41051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:28 AM   #7
72chevynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhc41051 View Post
Thank you but these parts are already factory welded in my cab floor. They are hard to see in my pics due to them painted white along with the floor. Thanks again for the reply.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:02 AM   #8
gmachinz
Account Suspended

I used 1990 Suburban buckets and console in my ‘86. I sourced 2 complete benchseat brackets from donor 73-87 pickups and used a pair on each bucket seat. I had to drill 2 new holes in the seat bracket frame for each bucket seat so that everything bolted up fine. And the only other mod was shortening the slide liver about 2” because the bench seat ones extend out further than buckets do.

Sorry I dont have any measurements tho-I did this because I didnt want to caveman bend the brackets and have it look goofy...I wanted a factory look.
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:47 PM   #9
72chevynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmachinz View Post
I used 1990 Suburban buckets and console in my ‘86. I sourced 2 complete benchseat brackets from donor 73-87 pickups and used a pair on each bucket seat. I had to drill 2 new holes in the seat bracket frame for each bucket seat so that everything bolted up fine. And the only other mod was shortening the slide liver about 2” because the bench seat ones extend out further than buckets do.

Sorry I dont have any measurements tho-I did this because I didnt want to caveman bend the brackets and have it look goofy...I wanted a factory look.
Okay, I think you have done what I’m needing to do. When you used the bench seat sliders, how did you bolt front of slider to bottom of bucket seat? Did you make a bracket? If you look at my picture with the bench seat sliders mounted to floor, there isn’t anything to bolt the bottom of bucket seat to. That is what I need to fabricate and the measured height to make it right.