The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2016, 08:54 PM   #1
ninety6

Grandpa's C10 Silverado Restoration Project

Thought I should start my restoration project thread to track my progress. I've posted some of this info in the general forum, but i'll start fresh here.

My grandfather (Joseph) bought this truck brand new in 1986. He traded in his 68 Chevy Pickup for it. It was stored in his attached garage, and driven 39,xxx miles.

Grandpa passed in 2002, leaving this truck to my Uncle (Also Joseph). He parked it outside from 2002 until 2016, driving it an additional 24,xxx miles.

I asked my uncle about the truck this past Christmas (2015), and said if he ever got rid of it to let me know, I'd be interested in buying it from him. He told me at that time it hadn't run in about 3 years, and he hadn't had time to mess with it. A couple weeks later my uncle let me know he decided to give the truck to me for free! He said he thought Grandpa would be happy for me to get some use out of it. (And i'm also Joseph -- making this truck owned by 3 people with the same first and last name).

Last week, my dad and a friend of his loaded the ole' girl up on a trailer and brought her to me. She needs some work, but this should be a fun project!

She now has 63,457 miles. just over 2k/year.
Attached Images

ninety6 is offline   Reply With Quote