The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
jdl71

66 Long Stepside

This isn't going to be a barn burner of a thread since my time and $ is very limited, but I plan on doing a little at a time to make this a decent, safe driver. Will never be show winner while I own it but I plan on enjoying it. So, here's what I've got if you missed my welcome thread:

66 Chevy c10, 8' stepside, 283 p-glide. Purchase price $650. Owner claims it's all original and I'm inclined to believe him. Truck had been sitting for a year or two by a barn and had some left front damage when I got it about a month ago:

For another $300 he sold me another 66 short stepside, wrecked, no title, pretty much junk, but in the bed was 4 doors, 4 fenders, 3 inner fenders and rad supports, 4 grill surrounds, 3 grilles and a ton of little stuff. That dented up fender really was bugging me, so into the parts pile I dug, and happened to find a decent fender, and even in the same color:

However, the grill surround, rad support and inner fender were more tweaked than I thought and couldn't get the front bolt holes to line up:

I really wasn't wanting to tear the whole front clip off yet, so a little redneck ingenuity to the rescue:

And viola!

Cleaned out the interior:

New fuel pump, fresh gas, blew out the fuel lines, and a little help from the wife:

No YouTube account, but click on the pic and the video should play in Windows Media

She lives! Next thing is address the exhaust leak, and go through the brakes. Stay tuned...
jdl71 is online now   Reply With Quote