The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-02-2017, 03:25 PM   #1
trailcarnage

Random Questions

I am getting ready to order my suspension and brakes for my 1970 LWB but have a couple of questions:

1) I plan to bag the rear suspension. My question is whether I should be running 2600 of 2500 bags. I don't plan on carrying anything heavier than a motorcycle so would it make sense to go with the 2500 so that it is not as soft?

2) Is it possible to use an automotive OEM air suspension pump (Cadillac, Range Rover, etc...) to charge airbags? I am not looking for something super fast, just working on a budget.

3) My current brake system is power drums up front. I have read that you should change the booster/master cylinder out when converting to disk brakes up front? Why is this the case? Master cylinder capacity? If so, does the booster also need to be changed or can I get away with a disk master only?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by trailcarnage; 06-02-2017 at 04:22 PM.
trailcarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 03:53 AM   #2
andrewmp6

Re: Random Questions

On the bags im not sure on the load rating and what your bike weights to say.On the pump the oem ones die a lot faster then the aftermarket ones so its best to buy a aftermarket pump and small tank.On the master cylinder they are different drums and disc so if you wont front disc and rear drums make sure the master cylinder is made for that.As far as the brake booster being different i have no idea but your already there id change it out anyways.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote