The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-27-2017, 09:21 AM   #1
AnotherWs6

Better handling with stock ride height

I put a decent amount of miles on my truck. And my current commute - when I drive my truck which isn't always - is on a pretty fast, windy, bumpy highway. I don't want to do anything to alter the stock ride height but would like it to handle a little bit better. It's not terrible - but something to just help "snug" it up a bit.

I'm wondering if replacing my stock springs would help. They are heavy duty front and rear from the factory but have the years softened them up?

Shocks are new KYB's up front, new-ish Monroe's in the back. Is there a go-to shock that people use?

Sway bars. I have a factory front sway bar. What about increasing the size and/or adding a rear bar?

I want this thing to be able to tow about 5,000lbs while hauling a decent amount of gear as well.

I don't want it to ride rough, don't want to lower it. Looking for some tried and true methods here.
2010 Cadillac CTS Wagon Sport - Wife's DD and the only classy car we have.
AnotherWs6 is offline   Reply With Quote