The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2018, 01:36 AM   #1
Hawssie

floor pan differences

Im not sure if this has been asked yet but I need to replace part or maybe just all of my floor in a 72, ironically not because of rust as its pretty rust free, but because of the previous owner made it into a " 4 wheeler" and put thousands into it, transfer case doubler, arbs, dana 60 up front 14 bolt rear, TBI motor fancy suspension on and on, anyways I sold off most of it a while back but he also hacked up the floor to fit the doubler, Well I was comparing the floor to my other 72 which is the same but also to my 70 2wd small hump and my 69 2wd high hump both of these 2wds seem to not have an extra small cross member that the Blazers have. My question is if I buy an aftermarket floor I doubt it will have this and if it is a big deal.
I added some pictures to hopefully point out what I am talking about. The cross member goes right to the back of the hump cut out, the first picture is of my 69 high hump without it, the second is my other unmolested 72 blazer showing the cross member, the other 3 are of the Blazer I am working on.
On this 72 I'm working on, the back area behind the hump opening was cut then raised up, and up front the hump mounting flange was also cut and raised up a bit to raise the hump pan along with the rear floor, when this was done he also cut out a piece of the cross member in question. He did all this to fit the Doubler transfer case and to tuck it up as high as possible for ground clearance. I cut it back out the raised back area to see what I am dealing with. Seat bracket holes were also messed with for 2001 seats, which I took out. I could easily "fix it" to work and make it so stock carpeting fits again, but I want it to look as original as possible and not hacked. I will have the Blazer stripped out enough to put it on the rotisserie tomorrow. Anyone run into this when buying an aftermarket floor? I also will be changing the color! Its a nice paint job but the color is not for me.
Attached Images

Hawssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:59 AM   #2
1rippen6

Re: floor pan differences

That piece you are talking about is the bucket seat mounting channel, I've sold a few to the truck guys that want to put bucket seats in there trucks and keep it original. The only truck that would have them would be ones that came with factory buckets.
1rippen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:08 AM   #3
jaros44sr

Are you putting full floors in it? Or just fixing the cut out area? That area usually does not rot out, sooo, if you become a supporting member, you can post up a WTB.....

Full floors are available, with or without that brace, maybe the supplier could sell just the brace....

Or check out the classifieds for someone parting out jimmy / blazer

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:20 AM   #4
Hawssie

I was a supporting member for years until it ran out and I quickly read thru the latest memberships and it seemed paying memberships were for venders, I don't want to change this into a membership question, so I will re read thru the packages again.
Well that support being for Bucket seat equipped vehicles makes a lot of sense. When you said you sold a few to people wanting B. seats. were these sourced from salvaged vehicles or is their a source? And I thought about looking for a used floor area since like you said it is a non rusting area and mine isn't all that bad, but when I start something I try to get things moving, but its worth a try and see whats out there.
I also was wondering if anyone has verified that Blazer only floors are now available. I know you can cut the back off a pick up floor, but I was looking at the Woodall Industries catalog and they list a Blazer high hump floor part number A1910-69, and a pick up high hump floor part number A1908-67 although the pictures look identical. I just heaven't found anyone selling the Blazer part number, and Woodall doesn't do retail sales.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:19 AM   #5
pound41

I am in need of replacing my entire floor. So I have been tracking this. About a year ago my vendor said they had an issue with the tooling and it would be several months. I checked Southern Kentucky Classic website no listing of it.
pound41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:29 AM   #6
Hawssie

I know, SKC has the truck H.H. floor A1908-67 listed which means they source parts from Woodall but not Woodall's Blazer floor part A1910-69 nor does anyone else at least not from an internet search. I have never bothered to call Woodall to find out, was hoping someone else would know. But with that said I got a better look at my floor problem today and it makes no sense for me to buy a whole floor, so I am looking for a used center area hopefully from Blazer but any high hump center would work for me, other then the seat x member. I have so little rust not one rust thru area found so far but I will pull off the rocker panels tomorrow and look inside. My rocker panels are just bubbling up a bit but still pretty solid, but that rust will continue showing thru the paint without replacement as its coming from the inside. But R. boxes etc, look good so far. You can see the original color now, I do like the medium olive but it seems like every 72 I get is or was originally this color! This is now three out of three for me. Not sure if it was more popular in CA, or not.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2018, 01:44 AM   #7
Hawssie

Looks like I did get lucky as far as rust. I didn't have much time to work today but I did get both rockers off and test fitted, and other then a lot of debris inside, nothing more then minor rust
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2018, 07:15 AM   #8
jaros44sr

WOW! That's a first, nice work. Whose rockers are they.? They fit nice or did you trim to fit. Plasma is a nice tool to have at this stage

Keep the pics coming, I'm interested

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:18 AM   #9
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawssie View Post
I was a supporting member for years until it ran out and I quickly read thru the latest memberships and it seemed paying memberships were for venders, I don't want to change this into a membership question, so I will re read thru the packages again.
Well that support being for Bucket seat equipped vehicles makes a lot of sense. When you said you sold a few to people wanting B. seats. were these sourced from salvaged vehicles or is their a source? And I thought about looking for a used floor area since like you said it is a non rusting area and mine isn't all that bad, but when I start something I try to get things moving, but its worth a try and see whats out there.
I also was wondering if anyone has verified that Blazer only floors are now available. I know you can cut the back off a pick up floor, but I was looking at the Woodall Industries catalog and they list a Blazer high hump floor part number A1910-69, and a pick up high hump floor part number A1908-67 although the pictures look identical. I just heaven't found anyone selling the Blazer part number, and Woodall doesn't do retail sales.
The Blazer floor shown on Woodall Industries site is a complete truck floor that never had the rear floor support installed under it at the rear. When you cut off the rear of the truck floor to use it on a Blazer that rear support comes off with the section you cut off so there's no reason to remove it to make it easier to convert since it does not make it easier. On top of that Woodall Industries charges $25.00 more wholesale for the floor advertised as a Blazer floor missing the rear support so you spend more and achieve no benefit from missing support and by not paying for rear support and it's install these actually cost WI less than the floor with brace installed. Makes no since to us... Those doing these conversions may want to save the rear support and floor section they cut off to sell to someone restoring a truck cab and having rear support pre-attached makes it worth more for resale also as a patch panel to the truck cab.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote