The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-31-2018, 11:21 PM   #1
nikwho

Looking for best upholstery shops in Arizona...

Hello all,
I'm making good progress on my paint and body work and looking to find an upholstery shop that can get the bench seat and door panels in my '68 GMC squared away. I live in Flagstaff, but willing to travel to the right shop!

Thanks!

Nik
Old 06-01-2018, 12:07 AM   #2
Jeepnut

Re: Looking for best upholstery shops in Arizona...

Certainly not the best in AZ...but I like her work. https://www.etsy.com/shop/B62upholstery
Jeepnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:21 AM   #3
nikwho

Thank you for your prompt response! I should not have just made a blanket statement of "best", though I am looking for good quality. Results are a little more important than price, but this is not a 'no expense spared' show build. Likely won't even go to any shows. Just want to cap off all of the hard work over the past year and a half with a nice interior! Her work does look to be very nice! I am looking for someone that can do a custom faux leather and plaid bench seat and a could of door panels to match. Likely a head loner and dash pad, too!

I had a friend that had his old '50s VW Beetle reupholstered by a guy down in Chino Valley that did an awesome job. Very impressive work. I just figured that I'd ask him when it came time to get my interior done, but my friend has some passed away, sadly. I'd love to send my business to a local shop, but I've never seen any nice builds that reported the work of a local shop, when asked. So, I don't mind an extra couple of trips to Phoenix, but the closer to Flagstaff, the better.

I didn't feel like this was the best place to post, but there isn't an 'Interiors' board, with other similar topics like Engines & Drivetrain or Paint & Body Work.

Anyway, I'd love to hear of shops around AZ that do good work! I think that I should be able to find someone that does solid work within a couple of hours.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:54 AM   #4
Jeepnut

Well good luck with your search...if you find a shop you like let me know. I’m in N Phoenix but I have a place in Munds, which is where I’m at most of the summer. My ‘68 has a good interior except the seat...I’m going to have her make a vinyl with tweed insert for me...just haven’t dropped it off yet.
Jeepnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:18 PM   #5
leddzepp

Upholstery shops in general do good work. You are getting a product handmade to suit your needs, not something pre fabricated that you hope fits. I’ve used many upholstery shops in my life and have never had any issues with any of them.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:44 AM   #6
mr.precision

The shop located in Chino Valley on Hwy 89 has closed. Don't know what happened. There's supposed to be another guy in CV but I have never used his services. Will keep you advised if I find someone local with a good reputation.
mr.precision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:19 PM   #7
OARNGESI

Not sure if your up for it but a trip across the border into Mexico can save you a lot and there is some really skilled shops down there. I personally have a impala that will be going down there in the near future. My dad just got door panels his dash wrapped a bench seat redone in a square body and a rear seat in a Camaro they did a great job and it was only like $500.
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:08 PM   #8
nikwho

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.precision View Post
The shop located in Chino Valley on Hwy 89 has closed. Don't know what happened. There's supposed to be another guy in CV but I have never used his services. Will keep you advised if I find someone local with a good reputation.
Oh, bummer! I wonder what happened there? I remember my frind telling me that the shop that he used was on Highway 89.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OARNGESI View Post
Not sure if your up for it but a trip across the border into Mexico can save you a lot and there is some really skilled shops down there. I personally have a impala that will be going down there in the near future. My dad just got door panels his dash wrapped a bench seat redone in a square body and a rear seat in a Camaro they did a great job and it was only like $500.
Hmm, that sounds good, but I wonder how much I'd save @ 12 MPG and driving to Mexico and back. What kind of turn around times do they have? I've contemplated going with leather and that's probably definitely the way to go if I did choose to go with leather!