The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-03-2018, 06:11 PM   #1
Rich69shortfleet

Would Fesler billet flush lenses fit with my Digi-Tails LED boards?

I love my Digi-Tails LED tail lights, especially with the sequential feature on. However, they don't look as good as they could given the stock lenses having different patterns in the top (tail lights) and bottom (refelctors). They'd look better with a lens that is the same look throughout. The only lenses I know that have a consistent pattern throughout are the Fesler lenses.

However, as I understand it the Fesler lenses have a thick surround where they fit into the light housing (and the housing corners need to be trimmed). The Digi-Tails circuit boards leave a good deal of room around the edges, but is this enough so the Fesler lenses can fit? I've attached a photo of the Digi-Tails boards installed with the lens removed.
Attached Images

Rich69shortfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:41 AM   #2
Rich69shortfleet

Re: Would Fesler billet flush lenses fit with my Digi-Tails LED boards?

Anyone?
Old 06-04-2018, 10:59 AM   #3
Robznob11

I don't believe the corners are the issue. It's the depth of the reflector inside of the Fesler lense. Its shallow and the factory housing has a raised portion and leaves no room for the thickness of the board. Custom tail housings like mine should allow the board to fit.
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:46 AM   #4
Rich69shortfleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robznob11 View Post
I don't believe the corners are the issue. It's the depth of the reflector inside of the Fesler lense. Its shallow and the factory housing has a raised portion and leaves no room for the thickness of the board. Custom tail housings like mine should allow the board to fit.
Thanks for the info. Can you (or anyone else) post up a photo of the backside of the Fesler lens so I can see how much room I'd have to work with? The Digi-Tails circuit board is not very thick but does have a bit of a stand off on the back where it attaches to the housing. The LEDs themselves are flushmount LEDs with no bubble lens on top like some have.

In the photo of the custom made housings you have posted in another thread they didn't look any deeper than the stock ones. Can you perhaps post up additional photos of them?

TIA!
Old 06-04-2018, 12:09 PM   #5
Robznob11

Look again at the picture....the backs of mine are flat where the led panel back would fit against. The stock housings have a bubble in the middle and the seal goes around it. That bubble is about a 1/8 " of clearance that you gain with the flat back the Fesler lense has many 1/8 -3/16 clearance. It's not much. They have a double lense in them clear read outside and clear deflectors on the inside.
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote