The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2015, 08:52 PM   #1
UMDSmith

Project "Just Wing It". 1970 C20 LB

Hello everyone, I figure my first post will be my build log where I can share my problems and all the mistakes I have made and am bound to make.

The truck is a 1970 C20 Longbed. I bought her for $3k, but probably grossly overpaid given what I have had to do. The truck.

This is after I replaced both the wheels and tires to a more standard size. It still had the original wheels on it that were harder to find tires for.

The very first day driving it the 2 hours back to my house, the truck wouldn't idle, and stalled out at every stop. It turns out that the fuel pressure was too high and was making the holley carb that was on it unhappy. Not being very experienced with carbs, I first replaced that with an edelbrock 650cfm, as I prefer their ease. Still not having much luck, I added a fuel pressure regulator and got it running fairly well.
UMDSmith is offline   Reply With Quote