The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
NC_John

1970 C10 LWB "Blu"

I guess its time to start my own build thread.

I got "blu" two weeks ago. I found her on craigslist and once I saw her knew I had to adopt her.

I was searching for an unmolested 64-72 southern truck (nothing registered north of NC- there is a huge difference in a lot of VA trucks as far as rust) with original paint and drivetrain. Blu was a three owner truck, staying within 12 miles of the original owner until I found her. 115K miles on the clock, original 350 4BBL, 3 on the tree Saginaw. A true farm truck with original paint, a few dents and dings but no bodywork anywhere. Only mods were dual exhaust, recovered bench seat and a Camaro steering wheel. Very clean underneath so I made the deal.

Here is the craigslist ad photo:

The interior:

Loaded up for the trip to her new home:

And finally, taking up her bay in the garage (sorry honey, the Tahoe's going outside for a little while!):

The plan is to do a mechanical restoration (which should be easy as she's a driver now) and freshen up the exterior and interior while maintaining her classic patina. They are only original once! And of course the farm truck is going to lose the cowboy hat and overalls and get a little more contemporary by getting lowered. My bank account will never be the same.....

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote