The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
Phill0406

C10 Goldilocks

So I guess I'll make a build thread for my project I got going on. A little background on me, I come from "import" cars. I've had a few Volkswagens and most recently a Subaru. Very much not to the taste of the boards but I love all makes of cars. A few of them have had air ride and all of them were heavily modified.

Last spring I sold my subaru and all the parts off it to buy a new Silverado for a daily and fun a c10. A 68 C10 had always been my dream truck and I'm old enough to know what I need and to financially support it so I dove in. I bought this truck though a year ago from a guy out mid west, he purchased it a year prior from the original owner in Mississippi so it's in fairly decent shape. It's a 68 anniversary edition, a few original pieces missing like the radio and ivory bench but it was all unmolested. 250 inline 6 with a 3 on the tree. Here it is the day it rolled off the trailer.

It was running and driving but honestly, a mess. The balljoints were shot, the tierods were a disaster, the steering had 3 feet of play in it, tires were dry rotted, the motor wasn't grounded and the wiring was just a mess.

First thing I did was go through some safety stuff. 4.5/6 ECE drop, 5 lug swap, disk brakes up front, rebuilt the drums, redid some brake lines, added a power booster, new upper and lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, redid the wiring with a Painless ki and some new wheels and tires. I drove it like this for all of 2016. It was such a fun truck but very limiting. it couldn't drive on the highway, I was constantly going through fuel filters, the carb needed to be rebuilt/cleaned (needed a shot of starter fluid for cold starts), enough small things like that. Here are some photos from through out the year.

My girl and I.

Last edited by Phill0406; 02-13-2017 at 01:25 PM.
Phill0406 is offline   Reply With Quote