The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-10-2018, 10:43 AM   #1551
mikebte

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbeast View Post
Got the joints resealed and the rubberized undercoating sprayed!
That looks great! What is that? Eastwood?
I have really been over thinking what I am gonna put on the underside of mine this winter, SO many options.
mikebte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:11 AM   #1552
idbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebte View Post
That looks great! What is that? Eastwood?
I have really been over thinking what I am gonna put on the underside of mine this winter, SO many options.
Yes, it's Eastwood rubberized and easy to use. you can even paint over it if you want.
idbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:41 PM   #1553
DeeJayNOLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo View Post
I exhausted myself figuring out the Rubik's Cube of headlight bezel clips so I sat back and admired my truck (excuse the door and hood ajar). I've been working on it for a year now. Mostly just gauges, accessories, wiring and interior left to go.
Yeah I had some bezel clips issues with both my old schools and ended putting tape on them both until I get a body shop to get them in better
Old 08-10-2018, 03:41 PM   #1554
MiraclePieCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boshears View Post
Well I got my tube chassis for mine.
Got a pic?
Old 08-10-2018, 05:27 PM   #1555
Softpatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
I got some progress pics from the painter...

.that is nice deserves a repost great job
Vanhailen.?
1966 C-20 .....Swap 91 G-30(5.7 FI)/4L80E
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=789617
59 Viking Revival .. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632341
Softpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:28 PM   #1556
MiraclePieCo

Put eyeballs in today - it's starting to look like a real truck!
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2018, 11:50 PM   #1557
Black_Sheep

Picked up a bunch of finished parts from paint, I had to install the emblem on the tail gate to see how the chrome looked with the color. It'll work...
Attached Images

Black_Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:16 AM   #1558
MARTINSR

You guys are pissing me off now, JERKS! Posting all these photos of you getting your trucks painted and put together with lights and crap, JERKS!

I got this beautiful bench cleared off....so I can cut it all up throwing away the majority of it.

But, I have to do it and it will move my truck ahead, so the hell with that bench.

It blows me away is the parts I find that I don't remember I had! This is what happens when you have a project going for 20+ years. :drunk: I was just recently looking at the cowl vent handle mechanism planning on priming it and all that. I opened a few drawers in this little goodie holder on the bench, this friggin thing has been exactly as it is for about four years sitting four feet from where I work on the bench all the time. I open up a drawer and there is the handle and a part of the mechanism for the cowl vent all chromed! OMG Geeeeee, now I understand why I had an extra cowl vent handle brace without any parts on it, duh, geeeez. And it is BEAUTIFUL chrome, holy crap it's like friggin artist perfection!

There is also a little trim piece from the side cowl vent that I am not even using, hope I can find someone who would like it. If any of you want it, let me know, it's free.

It's crazy, I was going to buy a knob for that cowl vent, I don't see that I have one, but damn I have to wait, if I buy it sure as poop stinks I will find one in one of these boxes.

Anyway, tomorrow I modify this bench and move on.

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:59 AM   #1559
MiraclePieCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
You guys are pissing me off now, JERKS! Posting all these photos of you getting your trucks painted and put together with lights and crap, JERKS!
Brian
Hatred, the ultimate compliment
Old 08-11-2018, 11:04 AM   #1560
MARTINSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo View Post
Hatred, the ultimate compliment
LOL, true...JERK!

Brian

Old 08-11-2018, 08:24 PM   #1561
mikebte

Today was full of tying up loss ends. Installed fittings and hoses on the power steering box, filled and checked for leaks.
Installed my last fitting on the cooling system, topped off and pressure tested.
Ran my oil pressure sensor wiring and tested operation as well as the fuel gauge. All gauges are now completed and wired.
Installed fuel pump, remaining fittings and ran and staged the hoses, still working with the wiring.
Painted the master cylinder and installed on the booster.
Removed old parking brake set up and started the foot pedal install.
Spent some time under the dash doing some wiring and that’s when the wife came out with the honey do list. Working under the dash in this truck is way cramped, had I thought about it I would have left the seat out.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:37 PM   #1562
idbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebte View Post
Today was full of tying up loss ends. Installed fittings and hoses on the power steering box, filled and checked for leaks.
Installed my last fitting on the cooling system, topped off and pressure tested.
Ran my oil pressure sensor wiring and tested operation as well as the fuel gauge. All gauges are now completed and wired.
Installed fuel pump, remaining fittings and ran and staged the hoses, still working with the wiring.
Painted the master cylinder and installed on the booster.
Removed old parking brake set up and started the foot pedal install.
Spent some time under the dash doing some wiring and that’s when the wife came out with the honey do list. Working under the dash in this truck is way cramped, had I thought about it I would have left the seat out.
Hopefully in 3 to 4 weeks I can start doing all that once I get mine painted... I'm getting really jealous of all the nice work getting done on the other trucks too MARTINSR!!!!!
Old 08-11-2018, 10:08 PM   #1563
Black_Sheep

Box assembly has begun...
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2018, 10:17 PM   #1564
MARTINSR

Oh DAMN that looks nice! I feel dirty looking at those photos with my wife in the room.

That emblem on the tail gate is point on, very nice.

Today I worked my ever loving butt off helping my son fix his exhaust on his Miata and then miniaturizing my work bench. I have to tell you, that bench was SOOOOOOOOO NICE It was a shame to cut it up, holy crap you could build a friggin diesel truck motor on that sucker, it was NICE. But alas, it's now 20 inches wide and will live on.

Brian
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2018, 11:29 PM   #1565
idbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Oh DAMN that looks nice! I feel dirty looking at those photos with my wife in the room.

That emblem on the tail gate is point on, very nice.

Today I worked my ever loving butt off helping my son fix his exhaust on his Miata and then miniaturizing my work bench. I have to tell you, that bench was SOOOOOOOOO NICE It was a shame to cut it up, holy crap you could build a friggin diesel truck motor on that sucker, it was NICE. But alas, it's now 20 inches wide and will live on.

Brian
ouch......
Old 08-12-2018, 01:55 AM   #1566
HRD

"Homer" (named after my Uncle, 1st thing I ever remember riding in was his old truck). I was like 3 and standing in the floor board with him, my mother and my other 4 brothers and sister all in the cab of that thing.
Anyway,
He gave me my first 10 mile road trip (asphalt) ride today since I've had him for the last 15 years in storage. He's still sleeping somewhat and spit and sputtered but over all I thought he did great. 45/50 mph.
I'm thinking now, vacuum leaks or even a new carburetor or rebuild. He's running off a temp jug tied down in the bed for now.
The new breaks worked good but still a little spongy. Gonna re-bleed them again.
Steering wasn't bad at all. Held pretty tight with very little play if any really. Been a while since I've driven all manual.
Not sure if my generator is working or not. My dash amp gauge never moves and he didn't want to crank back up when I brought him back home. Did a test on that a couple days ago. Battery volts was at 6.4. Started him up and volts went to 7.5/8 are so at the battery, so now I'm unsure.
Gonna give a little longer ride tomorrow. Well.....today now.
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2018, 03:02 AM   #1567
MiraclePieCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD View Post
"Homer" (named after my Uncle, 1st thing I ever remember riding in was his old truck). I was like 3 and standing in the floor board with him, my mother and my other 4 brothers and sister all in the cab of that thing.
Anyway,
He gave me my first 10 mile road trip (asphalt) ride today since I've had him for the last 15 years in storage. He's still sleeping somewhat and spit and sputtered but over all I thought he did great. 45/50 mph.
I'm thinking now, vacuum leaks or even a new carburetor or rebuild. He's running off a temp jug tied down in the bed for now.
The new breaks worked good but still a little spongy. Gonna re-bleed them again.
Steering wasn't bad at all. Held pretty tight with very little play if any really. Been a while since I've driven all manual.
Not sure if my generator is working or not. My dash amp gauge never moves and he didn't want to crank back up when I brought him back home. Did a test on that a couple days ago. Battery volts was at 6.4. Started him up and volts went to 7.5/8 are so at the battery, so now I'm unsure.
Sounds fun! Enjoy the ride!
Old 08-12-2018, 10:18 AM   #1568
gigamanx

Quote:
Anyway,
Looks like a great build and cool story! Since its already driveable, I guess you're almost done Just need some headlights.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:42 AM   #1569
MARTINSR

Quote:
Anyway,
Yep, cool stuff, cool story!

Brian

Old 08-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #1570
Black_Sheep

Preparing the bed wood and polishing the strips, I think i’ll roll some bedliner on the bottom of the boards to further seal them up. The underside should clean up easier too...
Attached Images

Last edited by Black_Sheep; 08-13-2018 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:06 PM   #1571
MARTINSR

Got the new little bunch bolted to the wall on the other side of the shop, WHOOO HOOO!

Brian
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2018, 05:30 PM   #1572
mikebte

Worked out more bugs in the wiring. Fuel pump works and return line to in cab fuel tank work. No leaks.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:14 PM   #1573
Boshears

Going to do a little back half on it. Probably run 15x15 out back.
Attached Images

Last edited by Boshears; 08-12-2018 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Spelling
Boshears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 09:39 PM   #1574
evilokc

I got my custom cut spacer back yesterday and installed my water pump pulley and 18 inch fan. everything went fine until I spun it. it wobbled like a some-*****. when he gave me the spacer he told me the machine broke and he had to finish it by hand. he said he noticed a high spot but didn't think it was to bad. it was though. I ordered a spacer that will be in tomorrow and if all goes well (which it wont) I will start mounting the shroud and measuring to cut the hole. I still enjoyed my time in the garage. I really miss driving my truck though.
evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:39 PM   #1575
gigamanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
Preparing the bed wood and polishing the strips, I think i’ll roll some bedliner on the bottom of the boards to further seal them up. The underside should clean up easier too...
Looking good! I didn't think of how to keep the wood clean under the truck.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote