The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-23-2018, 09:21 AM   #876
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: HG's thread of miscelaneous stuff

Very cool. Even though I am not a railroad buff, it is very cool to see the old rail & train pics.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:37 AM   #877
RDrancher

Great posts as always! We have an old general store right down the road. All you can eat catfish on Friday nights and sometimes a little geetar playing too!
Old 07-23-2018, 10:28 AM   #878
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Great pics, looking forward to the rest of them.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:26 PM   #879
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Man, that poor Vette! It looked to be a 68/69? I bet it is pretty trashed setting on the ground and getting rained on so much. Man, that V24 is so awesome! I'm guessing there aren't many of the 150 produced still in existence! The old train stuff is getting harder to see/find. More of it gets scrapped every year.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:58 PM   #880
72 tigger

[QUOTE=Dieselwrencher;8307212]Man, that poor Vette! It looked to be a 68/69? I bet it is pretty trashed setting on the ground and getting rained on so much. —— Probably in better shape than this Vette, I’ve driven past it occasionally over the past 20 years- finally stopped and took a pic. Thanks for all the great photos you take!
Attached Images

72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:38 PM   #881
Ol Blue K20

[quote=72 tigger;8307342]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Man, that poor Vette! It looked to be a 68/69? I bet it is pretty trashed setting on the ground and getting rained on so much. —— Probably in better shape than this Vette, I’ve driven past it occasionally over the past 20 years- finally stopped and took a pic. Thanks for all the great photos you take!
Absolutely amazing how deep it has sunk. Can we say rust?.........

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 07-30-2018, 12:55 PM   #882
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Gonna finish up the post for that WA trip. So after the inspector meeting I went for a drive. I wanted to go up around the Olympic peninsula and maybe do some more offroading. I had a taste of it and wanted a meal. I just looked around for some powerline roads and followed what I could.

That was fun! One of the things I do really miss about living out there. Anyway, I got back on the highway and decided to drive up to Port Angeles. Never been there so why not. There's a jetty that goes quite a ways out with a Coast Guard base at the end of it.

I've been out there somewhere but it was inside a steel tube and under the surface.

I went this far, might as well go all the way around the peninsula. So back on the road and heading west. I didn't go out to the NW point but stuck to hwy 101. Nice scenic drive.

Drove by Lake Crescent.

Super clean water

That's a marvel for us in the midwest. Lots of shallow lakes and fertilizer in the runoff so tons of algae and other stuff in the water making it murky.

Went squatch hunting. Found him. Wasn't that hard.

A shed made from a single piece of wood...

There were trucks, sorry but not a ton of automotive stuff on this day.

I made it to Ruby Beach on the west coast before dark. Not long before dark, but long enough for me to look around with a low tide just starting to come back up the beach. This tree is by the parking area. It's got mumps.

A rock on the beach...

The next morning, heading to the airport I finally got to see Mount Rainier!!

Had to stop to fill the rental with gas. Looks like a very good trip was accomplished. (Never buy a rental Haha)

And here's those Olympic mountains, from Seatac airport. Isn't it funny how sometimes you get a better look at a place from a distance than when you're right there?

So that's a wrap. I hope you enjoy the pics, even though it's lacking in gear head stuff. I see so much when I'm alone it's nice to have a place to share it.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:58 PM   #883
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Just a quick post from this past weekend. The wife and I went car shopping.

2017 1-SS convertible. Awesome car!
Old 07-30-2018, 03:14 PM   #884
NONHOG

Well done (as usual)
I enjoy all the trips you take us on, especially the one in my own backyard.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:09 PM   #885
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

I haven't made it to Washington, technically...... When I was in Portland I did drive over into Washington, got out and stepped on the ground so I could say I was there. Thanks for sharing those pics. Truly amazing scenery. That clear water and so much of it is amazing!

Just a dumb fact, but I watched a show on the PNW and Great Whites. In the last 5 years researchers have noticed more great whites going up into the PNW shores and breeding/feeding. So be careful.

Nice new car too! What a quiet color though. Haha
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1969 Chevy milk truck

Old 08-02-2018, 02:28 PM   #886
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

A couple months ago I had my motorcycle in the shop to get the carbs sync'd and the rear tire replaced. Here's a few things from around the shop. This is at Maday Motors in New Ulm, MN.

Couple more from North Dakota...

This one is really something special...

Why is that special you ask? Because that my friends is a donor car for my cobra. Get this, found it on fb market place. I've been looking for a few months for the perfect donor for cheap. This comes up and nobody is interested because it's a ford with a GM engine in it. The ford guys hate it and the chevy guys ain't looking because it's a ford.

It was set up as a drag car, originally had a 5.0 and manual transmission, which is what I needed. Now it has a 5.3 LS with a TH-400 auto. The engine is partially set up for a turbo. I have plenty of projects to use the drive train in and I get my parts car. It even came with a almost new ratchet shifter. I think it's a posi or limited slip also. Win

I took a trip to Dallas for a big conference. I didn't have a car available so I didn't got out a lot, but I did see a few high end cars...

BMW i8 I believe. And these other 2 were parked at the Hilton to show off...

This menu option was a no brainer. The trough it is...

There was 3 of us eating it. It was fantastic! The brisket was the best I ever had and I've had a lot of good brisket. This was at the Pecan Lodge in Dallas.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:38 AM   #887
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

How NOT to install a relief valve...

Most of you are familiar with my home improvement projects from posts here or elsewhere. Last winter I finished up enough to get the house appraised again and refinanced, but it wasn't quite finished. Well, there are still some little things to finish up, but it's pretty much done. At least I'm not working on it 20-40 hours per week like last summer. We're pretty happy with how it all turned out. That porch is probably our favorite room now.

One of the more difficult things was figuring out what to use for windows on it. Originally the plan was to have screens at a minimum and windows if affordable. Custom sized windows of that quantity get expensive. I didn't want double paned glass for the porch because they tend to leak between the panes and fog up, more expensive and the porch isn't insulated or heated so the efficiency doesn't really matter. Also, they face north and don't get a lot of direct sun light.

There are not many suppliers for vinyl single pane custom windows though. Eventually I talked to someone that suggested storm windows. They are aluminum (maintenance free) and are custom sized. And fairly cheap.

The wife is super happy because she can decorate it like a regular room in the house without the wind blowing snow and rain in it.

I made the table, sort of. I just cut the bottom to a smaller diameter and put a spacer under it so the bolt heads don't scrape across the floor.

Looking into the screened area. I made the screens using channel and corner parts I ordered. Which is how I intended to do the rest if windows weren't an option.

The string lights are just those cheap ones from harbor freight but match the theme of the rest perfectly. The fans are nice in the evening when the wind dies off.

Our lounging area. The TV was replaced with my daughters older 32". As of now it's just internet TV but I think I'm getting the dish hooked up out here this week.

This patio furniture I picked up at the knights of columbus charity auction last spring for $3. We had the upholstery redone and painted the frames, so in the end it cost about $550. Still a bargain for this style.

A place to eat. Found the table cheap at an antique store and the chairs I got for free last winter. A little paint and good to go.

This is my fridge.

I wanted to hide it in plain sight. I found an old coffee crate on fb market place. It had 3 dividers inside that I removed and used to build the door so the wood would match.

This is my porch office. I work from home and if it's nice out I'll bring my laptop out here.

It really turned out much better than I ever imagined. By far the biggest home improvement project I ever tackled on my own. This summer has been much more relaxed. I only work on the house about 10 hours/week!

Another new vehicle for the compound...

We call it the panty raider.

I need to get more pics uploaded. More vehicle related, I promise.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:08 AM   #888
Ol Blue K20

Looks awesome! The porch is very comfy looking.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 08-06-2018, 01:53 PM   #889
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

I like all of it.. great shopping too.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:19 PM   #890
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Some one had a pretty cool collection of AMC's! Nice score on the donor car! Your porch is just amazing! Great job on all of it. The refrigerator disguise is awesome ! We're comng up to Minneapolis in November for a wedding. I'll get in touch with you to see if you're going to be around.
1969 Chevy milk truck

Old 08-14-2018, 08:39 AM   #891
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

A while back I went "picking" with my brother in laws. One of them lives west of here about an hour, works in Marshall and drives past a farm that was littered with stuff. He never used to let anyone look around, but time has changed things and now it's basically a unorganised garage sale. There are several buildings, most have stuff in them. And there is stuff all around the yard and in the grove. Some things he won't sell because he is still using it but most things are for sale. We spent a few hours digging around.

I'll start with this live trap. Looks like it would hold a badger...

Typical old farm shop. This is the welding area.

This tractor wasn't for sale, but I tried. It would be perfect for me on my place. 4wd, with a bucket, 3 point, diesel, just a cool compact tractor.

One of the other running tractors...

There were a few non-running ones as well. Pretty much any old farm site will have at least a couple derelict tractors around.

Sketchy supports for the loft. There were more of these. Had more jacks than long posts I guess.

Portal axle?

IH...

Chevy...

Pretty cool wood burner.

What caught my eye was the back side without the covers on.

You don't see this very often anymore. Looks like you could put the belts on and start milling something.

Treasure?

Makes me want to get some dynomite and play bank robber.

A tire changer I think...

I have a few more pics from this place but couldn't get them to upload. Problem with the photobucket app. Later
Old 08-14-2018, 09:20 AM   #892
RDrancher

Interesting use of a hi-lift jack haha!

I really like the pine wainscoting on your porch, and the storm windows brought back memories. I grew up on a smaller version of your porch in Iowa...kind of. From 1966 until the winter of 1971 my bedroom was our small porch. My grandparents had moved in with us and there weren't enough rooms. No insulation or heat, and storm windows for protection. During the winter months I slept under a heating blanket (literally) with a stocking cap on. Every morning I'd make a mad dash into the house where my clothes hung on a rack over the living room radiator. The best part about living on the porch was watching the cars and trucks drive by. I could name every car or truck at night just by looking at the headlights or tail lights. I'd rattle off the performance options and gear ratios I had memorized from brochures and drive my Mom crazy. Ah...good times.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:32 AM   #893
Ol Blue K20

That's some cool stuff on that farm. I have the same 4x4 tractor. Mine doesn't have the front bucket attachment and is branded Mitsubishi.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 08-14-2018, 10:44 AM   #894
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Very nice pics. Love all the old Ramblers/AMCs in that shop.

Bill's Gallery
Old 08-14-2018, 03:57 PM   #895
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrancher View Post
Interesting use of a hi-lift jack haha!

I really like the pine wainscoting on your porch, and the storm windows brought back memories. I grew up on a smaller version of your porch in Iowa...kind of. From 1966 until the winter of 1971 my bedroom was our small porch. My grandparents had moved in with us and there weren't enough rooms. No insulation or heat, and storm windows for protection. During the winter months I slept under a heating blanket (literally) with a stocking cap on. Every morning I'd make a mad dash into the house where my clothes hung on a rack over the living room radiator. The best part about living on the porch was watching the cars and trucks drive by. I could name every car or truck at night just by looking at the headlights or tail lights. I'd rattle off the performance options and gear ratios I had memorized from brochures and drive my Mom crazy. Ah...good times.
Nowadays your parents would go to jail for neglect and you would have been in foster homes. I didn't have to sleep outside but I did have my window open pretty much year round. I slept in a sleeping bag on my bed. One of the army ones that is like a cacoon with just your face exposed. We heated with wood and let it smolder down during the night. I was usually one of the first ones up, so I would open the damper and throw some more wood in the stove and get it roaring. I had the stove pipe red hot most mornings. I don't miss those days. Wood around my place is for bonfires only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
That's some cool stuff on that farm. I have the same 4x4 tractor. Mine doesn't have the front bucket attachment and is branded Mitsubishi.
Wanna sell it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Those Marlins are pretty unique. I'd drive one, as long as it had a modern drivetrain and brakes.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:07 PM   #896
rambler
MOVE OVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
same here.. I have a special place in my heart for AMCs and especially Ramblers...
Old 08-26-2018, 12:47 PM   #897
Bomp

Love dropping in and checking on all the cool stuff you see and do.
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 10:02 AM   #898
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

I was having a problem uploading pics from my phone. I thought it was a photobucket issue but it wasn't. Something with my phone and how the pics were stored. Anyway, got it working the other day so here we go.

I was at our Chicago office a couple months ago. We went to a place across the street for lunch and this GNX was parked there. It is the only derelict version of one of these I've ever seen.

This was up for auction in New Ulm a couple months ago. There are quite a few square body tow trucks around here yet. I can think of at least 2 others I see all the time.

I really like the look of this ford courier. It's like a government issue truck with the black paint, black wheels and dog dish hubcaps. A little rusty but for around here it would be considered decent.

Nice...

Worlds biggest sandhill crane. Steele ND Now you won't have to make the trip yourself. You saw it here.

This is how you get from the hospital main bldg to the boiler room in Devils Lake ND.

I think this was in Winnebago, MN. Somewhere around there anyway...

Awesome! In Redwood Falls, MN.

A couple interesting things from our local cruise night here in Evan, MN. A 4 cylinder indian, I don't remember the year.

I don't know what to call it. Obviously home made. The guy that brought it said it was built by his dad or grandpa. A few people there said they remember it being driven around back in the day. All he did was clean it up and get it running. Painted it.

More from Redwood Falls...

Old 08-31-2018, 11:19 AM   #899
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Some nice looking rides. Thanks for the shots.

Bill's Gallery
Old 08-31-2018, 11:29 AM   #900
Ol Blue K20

That 60 Brookwood is cool...

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man