The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2014, 08:43 PM   #1
MIKESAD50

Mike's 50

I have been on this forum less than 6 months. It is a wealth of info, plus very talented people and nice trucks.
Been wanting an old truck since my teens (25-30 years ago). Really liked the 53-56 Fat Fendered Fords, always like the 5 windows also. very good friends grandfather had a green 5 window, not sure of the year but thought it was cool also.

Fast forward a year or so ago I decided I was going to have a 5 window truck. Found a truck on Ebay, bid and won. It was close to my parents home in NorCal. took it and dropped it off, ( while they were out of town).
In the process of looking and figuring out what I wanted to do.
I decided on going with an Art Morrison Sport Chassis, and the LS3 Connect and Cruise engine and trans set up.
Not the way most go about it, but I want reliable and fun to drive, and will be my daily driver.
Plan on the body is to keep it the way it looks in the pictures for the most part.
Hopefully this will be on the road quickly.
The first pictures are what was shown on EBay then what it was when I dropped it off in parents yard.
Name:  6.jpg
Views: 4922
Size:  48.3 KB

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 4922
Size:  55.7 KB

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 4882
Size:  76.7 KB

Name:  20140125_155241.jpg
Views: 4907
Size:  63.3 KB

Name:  20140125_155305.jpg
Views: 4846
Size:  71.6 KB
Haven't spent much time with it yet.
chassi it came with is gone. had been clipped with something, not sure but was cust all the back under the cab.
Overall seems very solid. Front floors have been cut up but the rest seems ok. will update as it goes. l would appreciate anyone's tips and advise.
Been a Mechanic on Volvo's for 25 years. Now own my own shop. But I Have little to NO body / FAB experience. learning welding as I go.
More to follow.
MIKESAD50 is offline   Reply With Quote