The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2018, 11:53 PM   #1
bpope

Air Ride Install

Hello, I posted this question in the suspension forum to no avail. But my question is about whether or not to cup the LCA's with a drop spindle. My truck has Western Chassis spindles, which I assume are 2.5" lowering spindles. I was concerned whether or not this would be low enough with just bags. Well, I got the bags bolted on and jacked the LCA as far as it would go and it really doesn't seem low enough. I don't really get it as seeing pics of other trucks with the same setup, they seem way lower. I have a pic of another truck (Malibobs) that has the exact same setup as mine - but mine doesn't look near that low. Would it get lower with the weight of the truck on it? Doesn't seem like it would. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The lower cup mount that came with the kit is 1-7/8" tall (BC Fab Kit). I would want it to ride at the height of my pics attached...not when it is aired out. Bags are Dominator 2600's. I have 1-1/2" before the top of the tire hits the inner fender well (as it is pictured here - have not put the truck on the ground yet, just jacked up the LCA as far as it would go.) Tires are 215/75/15.
Attached Images

Last edited by bpope; 06-28-2018 at 02:07 AM. Reason: More pics
bpope is offline   Reply With Quote